West Indies vs Pakistan in Abu Dhabi

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Windies could have won all 3 of these matches had they retained the momentum they had at the start of each innings (Batting + Bowling).

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
And Pakistan wins the match and wins the series with 3-0. Too bad Malik didn't give Iftikhar Anjum a chance to get a five wicket haul. He had one over left.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Good to see from Pakistan's point of view that Younus Khan's ODI average has gone up by almost 0.50 in this series, By the end of his career he'll probably want to get reach 40.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
congrats to Pakistan, they played good cricket. I wasn't impressed with the fielding in this series at all.
Gayle did really good this series and I hope he carries this form over to the NZ tour. We really missed Bravo, his bowling, batting and fielding would have made a big difference.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Gayle played very well,yet another 100,so centuries in 3 matches....But finally its a clean sweep,a Whitewash...Gul bowled very well,Pak managed it without Akhtar...

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Gayle played very well,yet another 100,so centuries in 3 matches....But finally its a clean sweep,a Whitewash...Gul bowled very well,Pak managed it without Akhtar...
Centuries in 2 matches:)

Anyway, a great series. First game was awesome!! Second game was good too. The third game would have been really awesome if it wasn't for Gayle's wicket! Nonetheless it was a great series!

khalek

Panel of Selectors
I feel sad for WI, they should have won atleast 1 match because they really deserved it. Things are not really going right for them.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Good win for Pakistan but we really do need to lift ourselves in the fielding department. Kamran akmal almost dropped the match when he dropped an easy nick of Gayle. Its amazing how our dumb or highly bribed (more likely) selectors continue to play such a bad example of a wicket keeper. I have never seen some one drop a catch a match for two years and continue to play. There has to be something very wrong with our selection policy.
Also Gayle should be ashamed of his behaviour when he did not walk after such a huge edge to keeper. He is not first windies captain to behave in such a manner. Jimmay Adams also did the same in test series in 1999-2000 series that cost pakistan their first ever series win in WI. And to make it look even uglier he jumped around the ground after winning the match. Quite a cheat he was. Gayle should pick him self up and set a better mentor for him. And pakistan please drop akmal if u want to challenge teams like India.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Why West Indies always lose when Chris Gayle score a century?

because everyone collapses around him. he needed people to stick with him and he would have taken the team to a win but the youngsters totally failed. Only Sarwan gave him good support and after that the highest score is from Jerome Taylor. Nash, Findlay, Marshall and Baugh all really disapointed and couldn't stick around and apply them self according to the situation of the game.

Last edited:

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Good win for Pakistan but we really do need to lift ourselves in the fielding department. Kamran akmal almost dropped the match when he dropped an easy nick of Gayle. Its amazing how our dumb or highly bribed (more likely) selectors continue to play such a bad example of a wicket keeper. I have never seen some one drop a catch a match for two years and continue to play. There has to be something very wrong with our selection policy.
Also Gayle should be ashamed of his behaviour when he did not walk after such a huge edge to keeper. He is not first windies captain to behave in such a manner. Jimmay Adams also did the same in test series in 1999-2000 series that cost pakistan their first ever series win in WI. And to make it look even uglier he jumped around the ground after winning the match. Quite a cheat he was. Gayle should pick him self up and set a better mentor for him. And pakistan please drop akmal if u want to challenge teams like India.
To be honest, we do have better keepers than Kamran Akmal, but no better wicket keeping batsmen. I am quite sure no other keeper in Pakistan could have done what he did in the first ODI. That’s the reason why he is still in the team.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
To be honest, we do have better keepers than Kamran Akmal, but no better wicket keeping batsmen. I am quite sure no other keeper in Pakistan could have done what he did in the first ODI. That?s the reason why he is still in the team.

I agree he is a good batsman but a keepers foremost task is to hold on to catches. If he scores a 50 and drops gayle who then makes a 122 then you can do your math to see how did his inability to keep has cost pakistan. I will say it again the guy cost series in South AFrica and England and also dropped sitter in India. He needs to be dropped and if he is a good batsmen then play him as a pure batsman only.

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
I agree he is a good batsman but a keepers foremost task is to hold on to catches. If he scores a 50 and drops gayle who then makes a 122 then you can do your math to see how did his inability to keep has cost pakistan. I will say it again the guy cost series in South AFrica and England and also dropped sitter in India. He needs to be dropped and if he is a good batsmen then play him as a pure batsman only.
Agreed. Get another keeper and keep Kamran Akmal as a batsman.

Users who are viewing this thread