Sri Lanka v Pakistan in the UAE, 2013/14

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
If Mathews can get some more potency in his bowling from a test perspective, that would help SRI a lot.

I'd rather perera focuses on his bowling, his batting his far more finisher level in one day cricket but he's a big lad and can take wickets. his ODI SR suggests to me he can be more than just a limited over strangler.

Mathews batting is just too important to sri lanka to have him thinking about being a wicket taker. it's nice that he can bring himself onto bowl from time to time but his priority should be on getting to the level where he's a 50 averaging batsman.

Sri lanka could really do with a home track bully in the side as well. most people recoil from these sorts of players but sri lanka could do with someone to make them a bit more imposing at home. they are going back to square one when sanga, herath and jaya call it a day in the next 2 years. you want to be winning at home the majority of the time before you start worrying about winning away tests.

Shahbaz63

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'd rather perera focuses on his bowling, his batting his far more finisher level in one day cricket but he's a big lad and can take wickets. his ODI SR suggests to me he can be more than just a limited over strangler.

Mathews batting is just too important to sri lanka to have him thinking about being a wicket taker. it's nice that he can bring himself onto bowl from time to time but his priority should be on getting to the level where he's a 50 averaging batsman.

Sri lanka could really do with a home track bully in the side as well. most people recoil from these sorts of players but sri lanka could do with someone to make them a bit more imposing at home. they are going back to square one when sanga, herath and jaya call it a day in the next 2 years. you want to be winning at home the majority of the time before you start worrying about winning away tests.

Exactly bro. They should start winning the matches played at home first, I remember the time they were invincible at home.

War

Chairman of Selectors

Ok cool, so you view T Perera as potential test player then?

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
it's more because mathews is just too essential to their batting line up. there's him an chandimal and no one else near them, he just can't spend much time working on his bowling.

I'm really not sure what sri lanka have in their pace stocks these days but perera might be useful. I've certainly liked his ODI bowling in the past, though he's been rubbish in the tests he's already played so who knows?

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
any sri lankan fans a bit more clued up than me about this.

I remember a very good sri lankan fast bowler emerging, not express pace but pretty quick, he was injured really badly around the time they were due to go to south africa though. out for a year with a cruciate or something. was that pradeep?

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
yeah, that was a shame. from what I've seen of him he's very good. that he's managed to come back and still looks really good hints that he could be the real deal. sad that we've lost 2 years of his career but could be important for sri lanka for the next few years.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Though Lankan openers looked pretty solid to finish the things up, I would say that Pakistani skipper gave up literally in the fourth innings. Why was even Hafeez/Ajmal bowling the opening overs when they were not proven effective at all here on this ground & when SL pacers were classy on this wicket? Poor captaincy.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
What a win!! The fastest 300+ chase in test history by quite some margin, never really got much of a chance to watch this game, only saw bits and pieces and I was sure this was headed towards a draw and then BANG! The limited Pakistani batting line up pull off a performance for the ages.

Test cricket :eek:

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well deserved win. An awesome effort like scoring 300 runs in 13th and 14th session of a test match is just unbelieveable. Well done rivals. :clap

ferg512

International Coach
Amazing win for Pakistan, really glad they won thats exactly what Sri Lanka deserves for the way they played this game. Its been a long time since I've seen any team play such negative cricket. Sarfraz deserves a lot of the credit as his innings at over a run a ball changed the tempo of the game.

----------

Also, Matthews trying to justify their tactics is even worse.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What I saw was just unbelievable, this really now made the contest even. Well done, Pakistan.

Haha, long way to go Mathews! Just he needs to consult with experienced guys with Mahela & Sanga to learn handling of these stuffs, anyways it is understandable as he just got into the captain books of Lanka!

War

Chairman of Selectors
Amazing win for Pakistan, really glad they won thats exactly what Sri Lanka deserves for the way they played this game. Its been a long time since I've seen any team play such negative cricket. Sarfraz deserves a lot of the credit as his innings at over a run a ball changed the tempo of the game.

----------

Also, Matthews trying to justify their tactics is even worse.

Sarfraz last few innings makes you wonder, why he hasn't been Pakistan 1st choice test keeper, instead of Adan Akmal...

Users who are viewing this thread