Pakistan vs Sri Lanka in UAE Oct-Nov 2011/12

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very bizarre.. Ball clips the bail, bail falls, thereby bowling one of the Lankans.. Umar Akmal somehow doesn't see and the game goes on :lol

----------

Some blame should be given to both umpires too, since as far as I'm aware, you don't have to appeal for a bowled for be given out.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
7 wickets for 25 runs? Seriously :eek: Anything can happen in cricket these days!! The only reason I still believe there will be a result at Wankhade :p

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Mathews is bowled. Umar Akmal doesn't notice, doesn't really appeal, and Mathews stays! Pakistan aren't missing Kamran!

lol best part of the game.

P.S. that last miss field by Sangakara sums up the game.

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well done Pakistan..victory in the T20 match is a complete team effort with every one chipping in with their assigned roles.

You guys rock..just keep winning!!! :cheers

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Another win for us good but not excellent,again not impressed with the batting.This is probably first t20 match which misbah has won for us(After against Aus in 2007) :D

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
It will be an interesting series. But my money's on England. They're got about 5-6 fast bowlers to choose from, and Swann. That pretty much negates the advantage Pak have with their attack. But England's line-up is a lot stronger. Remember - they bat all the way down to No. 10

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
The conditions will be difficult for the English. South African pacers could do nothing, doubt Anderson would be as effective as in back in England, but am expecting Broad and Swann to shine.

Again we have to be at our best to have a crack at this English team in the TESTs. ODIs should be an even game

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
England will struggle i bet.Pakistan's spin attack is lot more better than England i think i see Pakistan more favorites in ODIs

i saw on cricinfo there are only four odis ? true?

War

Chairman of Selectors
You must not compare English attack with Steyn and Morkel. English attack is just good in english conditions, you can check that from there recent series against India although it was just ODIs.

No my friend, its the opposite. You cant compare ODI performances to that of Test cricket. Many players in recent history such a Lee (for a period), Yurvraj, Raina, Roger Twose, Afridi, Gavin Larsen, Bevan, Chandana, Zoysa, Razzaq were great in the limited overs format but struggled in tests.

So the specific form of ENG players in ODIs really has no bearing on how they will perform in tests. ENG test side is the finished article - while its ODI side is still in a work in progress.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
England may be lions at home and in TESTs, but these are different conditions. You expect the threat of Anderson to be more nullified but I really am intrigued to see how the English batsmen do in UAE

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No my friend, its the opposite. You cant compare ODI performances to that of Test cricket. Many players in recent history such a Lee (for a period), Yurvraj, Raina, Roger Twose, Afridi, Gavin Larsen, Bevan, Chandana, Zoysa, Razzaq were great in the limited overs format but struggled in tests.

So the specific form of ENG players in ODIs really has no bearing on how they will perform in tests. ENG test side is the finished article - while its ODI side is still in a work in progress.

But you can assume for some players, Anderson and Broad are the ones who solely depend on Swing, seam and over cast conditions which they will not find in UAE.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
England may be lions at home and in TESTs, but these are different conditions. You expect the threat of Anderson to be more nullified but I really am intrigued to see how the English batsmen do in UAE

It's not just Anderson. England have about 5 quality fast bowlers to choose from, so the odds of them getting the perfect balance is high. You've got Jimmy, who's shown during the Ashes he just doesn't need overcast conditions to make the new ball talk. Then there's Broad, who's been in perfect form. They've got Bresnan who can reverse swing, and Tremlett gets lethal bounce with those tree-trunk arms of his. Then there's Finn and Onions in contention as well. All backed-up by Swann.

In contrast, Pak don't have the same depth. There's Gul, Junaid and Cheema. That's it. Don't think Tanvir Ahmad will make a comeback, Riaz has a big question-mark, and Sohail Tanvir was never Test quality. But they do have 2 quality spinners as opposed to England's one.

But you can assume for some players, Anderson and Broad are the ones who solely depend on Swing, seam and over cast conditions which they will not find in UAE.

Where in Australia were their seam, swing and over-cast conditions?

Users who are viewing this thread