Pakistan vs Sri Lanka in UAE Oct-Nov 2011/12

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
no i dont like going with only 2 seamers may be bring junaid in place of Malik.Like the way cheema was having stick early on i was afraid that now what would do misbah now? Playing with two just seamers adds extra pressure on Gul

----------

Razzaq also waste balls but gets out earlier than Malik

Ok but he bowls better than Malik :D

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Point is if we remove Malik for a batsman such as Shafiq we are going with only 5 bowlers which is a no-no. One of Malik/Razzaq has to play. I think the former will play because hes only had one game.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
^But it will leave us 4 spinners and 2 seamers.Gul's eco in odi is over 5 and if his partner also has a bad day then we'll only rely on spinners for even death overs.We have to go with 3 pacers.Throw farhat out bring Malik/Shafiq as an opener that's how i see their chances or may be drop even Sarfaraz to get both of them and have Khatmal as keeper

afridi118

International Coach
usa near washington dc baltimore maryland
^But it will leave us 4 spinners and 2 seamers.Gul's eco in odi is over 5 and if his partner also has a bad day then we'll only rely on spinners for even death overs.We have to go with 3 pacers.Throw farhat out bring Malik/Shafiq as an opener that's how i see their chances or may be drop even Sarfaraz to get both of them and have Khatmal as keeper
yes we can do that or use farhat for few overs like 2 to 3. we can test all this in Bangladesh.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Good god it must be a headache being a PAK fan. Now Riaz is being left out of the squad due his name being called in the spot-fixing trial.

I hope PAK doesn't lose him too.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well if Riaz has got anything to do with fixing, I would not mind losing him too. He is not a teenager like Aamir and should have know better than to mix up with crooks like Mazhar Majeed.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Why do these bookies like Majeed target talented young players.I just hope Riaz was not involved.He is one of my favourite Pakistan players.

Ahad

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Saeed Ajmal and Graeme Swann are the best spinners right now. I can't wait for Pakistan-England series.

Well if Riaz has got anything to do with fixing, I would not mind losing him too. He is not a teenager like Aamir and should have know better than to mix up with crooks like Mazhar Majeed.

Even I won't mind. His loss won't be bigger than Aamer's..

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
I think Ajmal will be more effective against England than Swann against us because Ajmal has bowled many times on these wickets and we generally play spin.And i think even England pacers wont be a big problem for us as likes of Steyn and Morkel were ineffective on these pitches

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You must not compare English attack with Steyn and Morkel. English attack is just good in english conditions, you can check that from there recent series against India although it was just ODIs.
If England some how manage to draw the test series then it will be great for English bowlers.
Swann is quite good but he yet to prove himself on spin friendly pitches. I guess he is just overrated a bit unlike Ajmal who is far more diverse and lethal in almost all the conditions and on all type of pitches.

I feel Pakistan will beat them at least 1-0 in tests and 3-2 in ODIs with the combination and variety they have.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I think Ajmal will be more effective against England than Swann against us because Ajmal has bowled many times on these wickets and we generally play spin.And i think even England pacers wont be a big problem for us as likes of Steyn and Morkel were ineffective on these pitches

Any bowler would be ineffective on these pitches except the opposite side collapse dramatically. :rolleyes

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Graeme Swann has averaged 31 outside England. He averages 40 in India, he averages 40 in Australia too, he averages 35 in Africa. Only twice he averages below 25's that is 23.40 and 24.90 against Bangladesh and West Indies. This tells how he is even on spin friendly Indian pitches against Quality players :)

Now, Ajmal has played 21 matches less then Swann. He has an average of 30 overall. He has averaged 30 in all part of world other then New Zealand and Australia. He has played only 1 test in Australia

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
You must not compare English attack with Steyn and Morkel

i wasn't saying that they are as good as Steyn,i was just saying that even Steyn was not looking lethal on these pitches so what will happen to them?

Yeah we can beat them.But still guys this series has two matches to go so..... ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread