Pakistan vs Sri Lanka in UAE Oct-Nov 2011/12

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think Pakistan has a good opportunity to seal this series 4-1. This way by the end of April that is one year from ICC World Cup, they could see themselves up the top 4 nations in ranking, seeing Sri Lanka have some serious issues and they tour South Africa next in Protean backyard dont see them winning their plus England in ODI is ???? as they care a ???? about the format :rolleyes

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Graeme Swann has averaged 31 outside England. He averages 40 in India, he averages 40 in Australia too, he averages 35 in Africa. Only twice he averages below 25's that is 23.40 and 24.90 against Bangladesh and West Indies. This tells how he is even on spin friendly Indian pitches against Quality players :)

I don't think any bowler apart from Styen can match the quality of Pak bowlers. The number of catches that are dropped and misfields, Pak bowlers will have a much better strike rate and econ.

If McGrath would have played for Pak, his average would have been in 30s. That is why Wasim and Waqar used to get so many lbws and bowled. They didn't want to rely on our fielders.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Graeme Swann has averaged 31 outside England. He averages 40 in India, he averages 40 in Australia too, he averages 35 in Africa. Only twice he averages below 25's that is 23.40 and 24.90 against Bangladesh and West Indies. This tells how he is even on spin friendly Indian pitches against Quality players :)

Now, Ajmal has played 21 matches less then Swann. He has an average of 30 overall. He has averaged 30 in all part of world other then New Zealand and Australia. He has played only 1 test in Australia

Ajmal is much new to test scene, still I feel he is not tailor made for test cricket unless he has another spinner to put pressure on the opposition. Ajmal is much more like a leg spinner.
I was mainly talking about ODIs.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Apart from Sangakarra and Mahela, have the rest of the SL batsmen forgotten how to bat? This is atrocious.

Addy

National Board President
Depends on bookie? For sho

Oh come on. I would go for Arnold any day. Specially with his seductive accent.

btw Misbah is doing very well as a captain.

It depends on the guy himself. I mean you can't think of Gul getting into the fixing fiasco. its pretty much depends on one's ethics.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Yeah and McGrath wouldn't do that ???? anyway. Just taking a cheap shot back after ksduded's claim that McGrath would average "in the 30s", when there's current Pakistani's averaging 25-30 and he smokes every one of them.

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So happy to see a victorious Pakistan stamping their authority over Sri Lankans. Pakistan are a team on ascendancy given the no. of problems they have had since infamous Oval test fiasco since 2007. ICC World T20 2007 runner-up, ICC world T20 2009 Winner, ICC CWC'11 Semi-finalist .. their record in ICC events is impressive ever since. :yes

Not only that, their performance after CWC'11 has also been pretty impressive too.

1-1 in 2-match away test series against WI followed by T20 and 3-2 ODI series wins in the Caribbean.
Test, T20 and ODI series victory in overseas tour of Zimbabwe.
'Home' Test and ODI series victory against SL.. I really hope they steam-roll Lankans in one-off T20I.

One thing I always liked about Pakistan was the number of young players they have blooded over the last 2-3 years. Young batters and bowlers with experienced players like Afridi, Younis, Misbah, Umar Gul, Razzaq have made them serious contenders on world stage. Most of their victory are built upon wonderful bowling combination they have, though I'd like them to improve their batting a bit. I have said it before and I'll say it again, International cricket is far richer and more entertaining with a top-performing Pakistan team.

Sri Lanka on the other hand have been disappointing to say the least. They, as a cricket nation, are on a wane after exit of greats like Jayasuriya, Vaas and Murali. Their record since ICC CWC'11 final loss to India has been pretty poor.

0-1 away test series loss to England (they fared better than India though), victory in one-off T20I, but 2-3 ODI series loss to England in England.
2-0 T20I home series win against AUS followed by test and ODI series loss to them.

Now with such a disastrous on-going series against Pakistan, they have hit a massive roadblock. Given that they are gonna tour South Africa after 2002, it'll tough test for them to win over there. Saffers in their conditions are going to make life real tough for under-performing Sri Lankan team with known vulnerability against quality fast bowling under helpful conditions.

Looking forward to an exciting Pakistan-England series..:)

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
So the only T20I is coming up i want Afridi to open the innings.It's sad Razzler is not there i cant forget his brutal hitting at dubai against England in 2nd T20I

Users who are viewing this thread