Fri 14 Floodlit Match
14:00 local, 10:00 GMT Pakistan v West Indies ODI Series
2nd ODI - Pakistan v West Indies
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Sun 16 Floodlit Match
14:00 local, 10:00 GMT Pakistan v West Indies ODI Series
3rd ODI - Pakistan v West Indies
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

There was talk of some tests being added to these 3 ODIs but that didn't happen so its just 3 ODIs. Pakistan finally get to play a good side in some ODIs.

WI Squad
Chris Gayle (capt), Ramnaresh Sarwan, Lionel Baker, Carlton Baugh (wk), Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Sewnarine Chattergoon, Shawn Findlay, Leon Johnson, Xavier Marshall, Nikita Miller, Dave Mohammed, Brendan Nash, Daren Powell, Kemar Roach, Jerome Taylor.

I like that there are some new faces in this team. It would have been nice if Fletcher was selected for this tour. Edwards is being rested for the NZ tour because he had some sort of injury and Bravo is out for a while.

Last edited:

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have high hope in K Roach from Barbados hope to follow F Edwards foot step, but i hope he better in line and length than Edwards.

Looking forward for My favorite Clown of WI, but an entertaining player D Mohammed, good spinner.

B Nash look promising only if he was 5 years younger. but still have alot of cricket left in him.

X Marshall I hope he perform, he came back with a bang, but disappear after.

I don't know much about S Findley and L Johnson.

anyway I wish West Indies all the best.
I hope this is a new step in West Indies step closer to up the ladder and not down.

karnog

International Cricketer
No Pollard or Fletcher. Interesting. Hang on isn't Marshall banned for a year after the drugs scandal? Well if he is then i'd chuck in Fletcher. It will be a good contest: buoyant after winning the standford twenty20 and Pakistan hungry for games. Hopefully an exciting 1-1 draw.

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Thank goodness Pakistan are getting a series and it doesn't matter if it is not in Pakistan. :)
The West Indies team has a lot of new faces. It will be interesting to see if Pakistan bring in some new players.
Should be a exciting series.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
No Pollard or Fletcher. Interesting. Hang on isn't Marshall banned for a year after the drugs scandal? Well if he is then i'd chuck in Fletcher. It will be a good contest: buoyant after winning the standford twenty20 and Pakistan hungry for games. Hopefully an exciting 1-1 draw.

I don't think that Marshall got any sort of suspension. I haven't heard of anything.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Can't wait for this. Both teams have got some good rivalry, I wish Lara was still playing :noway. I have a feeling Afridi will get his form back in Abu Dhabi (Remember 32 runs in an over :D)

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Nah you got it wrong, its Afridi who will clean Taylor up :p

Damn I'm gonna miss this series, I will be staying in hotel from Nov 6-18. I will watch the highlights though :crying

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Nah you got it wrong, its Afridi who will clean Taylor up :p

Damn I'm gonna miss this series, I will be staying in hotel from Nov 6-18. I will watch the highlights though :crying

Afridi had a hard time against Canada and Zimbabwe, not sure that he will do better against the pace and skill of the WI bowlers.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Afridi had a hard time against Canada and Zimbabwe, not sure that he will do better against the pace and skill of the WI bowlers.

He did well against SL though. He is not a great bowler, I am not expecting much from him but yeah he's got to be consistent with the bat.

sharu7

School Cricketer

Its a series of 3 not 2. There can be a 1-1 draw, if one match gets abandonded.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I also think that the WI already have a advantage with the majority of their players being in the Stanford 20/20 and most of them showing great form. Not to mention being happy because they now have money but that could also come back to hurt them if they get too confident.

I also don't get why Lionel Baker is in the squad. I know that he is young and maybe they just want him there to gain some experience but I would have rather left him to play Domestic cricket. He only played 11 first class matches and his record isn't even that good.
I would have preferred Kieron Pollard.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan considerably weaker now that Yousuf has been suspended by the PCB.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Yousuf's abscence just gives an opportunity to another player. That's likely to be Khalid Latif.

Users who are viewing this thread