Premeditation Solutions

Ah yes! now that's something a bit more tangible- colours are key, especially the difference between ball and background. I know this next statement will ruffle feathers, but I genuinely believe there's a science behind it: " broadcast mode is in IMO actually far easier to judge the ball because the difference in colour between the ball and pitch, is far more distinguishable then ball and crowd".

# I mean for the purpose of this argument- assume your looking at a pitch black screen and white dot comes towards you at 150kmh, then imagine your looking at a gray screen and a white dot comes towards you at 150kmh... The 'black screen-white dot' would be easier to see wouldn't it?

P.s @asprin and you could add a third option too, that wants a combination of both as well.

Already posted that and get bashed for it , I am too finding it much easier to play on broadcast mode because the ball feels slower.

The problem with that is that we have two groups asking completely opposite things:

Group 1 : Yay! With the increase in time the ball takes to reach the batsman, I'm now able to judge the length and play accordingly. Nice work BA!
Group 2: No way! I want to experience a 150 kmph delivery whizz past my nose. This has ruined the experience of playing against fast bowlers. It just doesn't feel real.

And vice versa.

How good the game will be Group 2 will always have a complaint of not feeling real.Its a game and will never make you feel real anyways,that's the difference between real and virtual.

Group 1 have to play below legend and group 2 on legend level ,that's where games come up with levels.

Disagreeing with someone is not being "bashed" or "bashing", it's hard to take anyone seriously* with such hyperbole.

Give it a rest!

PS: Words used such as "simple", "simply", and the like in any reference to changing the core of the game are absurd. Everything discussed here is theoretical and no one can be sure any of it will work in practise, or more importantly, be fun. We have a cutting room floor full of tried and failed ideas, what you play is the result of much trial and error.

*it's far too late for that

Last edited:
Ball colour, backgrounds, contrasts, light and shade, camera heights... Is any of this viable Ross? Can you elaborate on anything you guys have been working on- regarding accessibility?

What's wrong with the colour indicator? In fact what is wrong with the controls at all? Am I missing something?

I personally never had much problem with the 'premeditation' part in DBC14 against super quick bowlers, and this was when there were no markers available for online games. It felt pretty realistic to me as in real life as well there is some premeditation involved when facing super quick bowlers. It used to feel great when you read the opponents play and premeditated his play correctly, which wasn't very difficult tbh as mostly they would bowl outside off.

Having said that, if you concentrated hard and had decent reflexes, you could read the line of the delivery (length really didn't matter much).

However, based on what I have read, it seems like you get more time to play your shots now...which is fine too as the game needed to be more accessible in terms of batting since a lot of people struggled with it and thus left it.

I play only online and i too never had much problem with the premeditation in dbc14 against quick bowlers.Its only that we are discussing solution for premeditation that's where I'm suggesting for those who find it premeditating is not the right way to bat,to enjoy batting its more of watching the ball.The color indicator for length with more bright and big can only help them to an extent,those who really like to play by watching the ball.

Well its cr@p! And it shouldn't be even in the game, it actually defeats the purpose of what it was actually designed for...

Nothing.

What? Do you mean the discussion that's been going on for the last week?

Did you have to split a 3 sentence post into 3 quotes? Haha

Users who are viewing this thread