Procter took 'Australia's word for it'

Let's say in rugby league Team A is playing Team B. Team A is really good and a player from Team B knocks out a player from Team A. The Team B player gets put on report and sent to the judiciary and gets 4 weeks for the bad tackle, while the Team A player is out for 6 weeks becasue of a bad injury.

Fair? I think not.

The sledging did not adversely affect Australia in any short or long term way in terms of performance in the series.

This was what I thought the case was from Day 1.

Sure, you can use testimonies, but you definitely cannot make a decision going primarily by the testimony of the accuser!

To further add to my post on the situation, it appears that Clarke and Hayden both testified that they heard the word monkey. Once again, I believe that in my situation previously posted, there is enough to convict.

I feel he's gotten away with racial abuse here. Just lucky enough that it wasn't picked up on mic. If someone is found to be not guilty due to not enough evidence, this does not mean that they didn't do the crime. Symonds had nothing to gain from claiming he called him a monkey despite what people may say. The footage & sound I saw of what was used in court that unfortunately didn't capture the monkey comment showed an aggravated Symonds telling Harb. that he had called him monkey again, that it was the second time. And a disgusted Hayden telling harb. that it was not on. Harbijan didn't look innocent to the claims, didn't seem to dispute them during the altercation, just after it was all over.

But at the end of it all, unfortunately due to the actual monkey call not being caught on tape, he got away with it. At least he got some kind of fine i guess, but not what he truly deserved.

If someone is found to be not guilty due to not enough evidence, this does not mean that they didn't do the crime.
True. But as I've said earlier and in other threads, in systems serving justice it is far worse to have a false positive. I believe this is the term they refer to convicting someone innocent of a crime.

Users who are viewing this thread