Ponting Releases Captain's Diary 2008

Well, as you said, Gilly didn't pretend to like all of his teammates (Warne got a bit of a spray).
I've read a bit of Gillys book (150 pages), and he has said that they didn't get along, but they were still friends. They just had many differences, which was one of the reasons they didn't fancy eachother.

Well, as you said, Gilly didn't pretend to like all of his teammates (Warne got a bit of a spray).

Symonds and Ponting, as current players, obviously wouldn't want to say too much about their teammates, but I recall Ponting saying how betrayed he felt by Symonds' conduct in the 2005 Natwest Series when Symonds turned up drunk to training (I think it was training) or on match day even. And I have no doubt that Symonds will have said something here.

The anti-Indian quotes are being sensationalised by the press because it's all hot news, it's current. Those are the first things they want to talk about because they're the most recent.

The fact is, out of a whole book, the journalists will only choose the most interesting and current parts to publish. You're obviously not getting the whole story.
Indeed. That must be the case. Sad thing is though, that the media clearly feels these quotes will attract the attention of the public, and if it does, it shows that the general public is more interested in hearing bad things about Indians that the actual book. Hope that isn't the case though...

Wouldn't be surprised

That is true. If only he could learn to keep his mouth shut

I dunno. It's just whenever I see him on TV and hear him talk he just comes across arrogantly, imo

Why dont you guys try that yourselves???

Anyways ON TOPIC, loved Bhajji's comment. "They kept writing books and we ran away with the trophy". Symonds book??? WOW!!!! Who next will write a book? Beau Casson? Bryce McGain??? The guy who is said to be the next Warne in 2012???

All this is not going to stop until the Aussies stop their sledging. You might be worked up with india's way of countering the sledging, but I can say confidently that until the sledging stops, this wont stop. Bhajji is a well educated person and he just doesnt go to anyone looking for a tussle. Its the sledging that is making him do things. The day I heard McGrath did talk abt the four letter word 'd---' to Sarwan, I just knew what the Aussies could stoop to. We all know that their arrogance doesnt allow them to see the opposition do well. I am happy that Gauti (Gambhir) didnt apologise. he said he will try not to cross the line from now, but happy he didnt apologise. He SHOULDNT!

The Indians and their fans ARENT JUST GOING TO STOP IT! We're ready to shove things up.

Last edited:
This is what Harbhajan Singh has to say to Ponting:

"I can get Ponting out any time, I think I can get him even after I come post a six-month lay-off ... [he] had a lot to say about our players and about the way we play our cricket. In fact, it is Ponting who first needs to go and learn to bat against spin bowling."
Harbhajan Singh, or the "sneering Sikh", as he was characterised in the Australian press, continues his post-series gloating
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/magazine

Here is another one:

"I think they were busy writing their books, while we were busy preparing for the series. You can see what difference it has made."
Harbhajan Singh on why he thinks India were better prepared for the Tests against Australia
Nov 14, 2008

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/quote/magazine/index.html

"I can get Ponting out any time, I think I can get him even after I come post a six-month lay-off ... [he] had a lot to say about our players and about the way we play our cricket. In fact, it is Ponting who first needs to go and learn to bat against spin bowling."
Harbhajan Singh, or the "sneering Sikh", as he was characterised in the Australian press, continues his post-series gloating

Gracious in victory as always , Singh is king ;) :rolleyes:

Indeed :p You gotta love the guy for this. Bit of an idiot, but he really knows how to get under the opponent's skin. Very Dada like, although more over the top.

That sounds pretty pathetic, especiall for a moderator. Almost like school kids whinging that someone is getting away with stuff :rolleyes: Oh and btw, I do think Symonds is better for the game over peope like Harbhajan, Zaheer Khan and Gambhir, to name but a few.
Obviously my opinion has nothing to do with me being a moderator. Over-rate in Test cricket is extremely important. 1-2 overs short an hour may not seem like anything but that adds up to 6-12 a day and 30-60 in a match! That's 1-2 sessions you're losing simply because you couldn't get your overs in.

As for the whole role model sub-discussion, I guess it's up to each person. I would definitely prefer my children looking up to players like Sehwag, Tendulkar and Zaheer (who is very well-spoken, by the way) than looking up to someone like Symonds. Of course, when it comes to performing on the field and giving it your all, Symonds is pretty top on the list.

Yeah, let the fans, who are not insane or anything :rolleyes: go and riot for a bit
If you ever come to India, it seems to me you will be seriously shocked at the lack of effigy shops around.

Why dont you guys try that yourselves???

For someone who said in a previous post about people (Indian members) finding their voice, kind of contradicting yourself there. I must say you do fit the stereotype very nicely here of what we were all saying earlier... How the heck you can defend such a loud mouthed, rascist, pig who oviously isn't intelligent if he is calling a black guy a monkey (no matter what culture your from) I will never know :noway

If you ever come to India, it seems to me you will be seriously shocked at the lack of effigy shops around.

I was being slightly tongue in cheek there ;)

Highlander999 added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

The Indians and their fans ARENT JUST GOING TO STOP IT! We're ready to shove things up.

Yeah they are that arrogant I suppose ;)

Here is another one:

"I think they were busy writing their books, while we were busy preparing for the series. You can see what difference it has made."
Harbhajan Singh on why he thinks India were better prepared for the Tests against Australia
Nov 14, 2008

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/quote/magazine/index.html

Singh is a dumb and knows as little as some of the other Indians that have posted in this thread. He doesn't write his whole book all at once :rolleyes:

I'm loving the India hate at the moment. Taking digs at the country, the people, the players, the board (well this everyone does:p)

Guys like Harbhajan (who is a complete and utter idiot I may add) may talk out of their arse, but in no way do they represent the entire nation. Besides, there have been plenty of 'wise guys' doing tons of the talking to us both on and off the cricket field for decades, I guess people have to get used to their own medicine.

Turn the other cheek lads, and let our performances do the talking.

About the whole Ponting and over rates thing, the ICC does need to check that out. It was absolutely horrible in the India series, he needs to get the gears moving a little bit quicker.

Cricketman added 8 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Meanwhile the Indian team.....Oh just don't get me started :rolleyes:

Mmm yea, Dravid, Tendulkar, Sehwag, Laxman, Kumble, Zaheer, Ishant, Karthik, Dhoni, Raina, Badrinath, Mishra, Rohit Sharma, Praghyan Ojha etc are all racist bigots and deserve to be shot. :noway
"If i was rolling my eyes any further i'd be seeing backwards.":rolleyes:

Last edited:
Was Ponting playing in India in all those test matches where he has had over rate problem?

Users who are viewing this thread