Adam Gilchrist's book (merged threads)

As I told him and I'll tell everyone, it's currently on sale at Borders for 29.95 (the RRP is 49.95) so good time to buy it.

I got the book today. $26 bucks at K-Mart. Most other shops have it at $45.
Thank god I've got a job now, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten this book until Christmas.

Anyway, I've read just over 50 pages. It's about his early life. But in his prolugue he did mention that he had told his manager after making a duck that he was going to retire after the 3rd test in the 06/07 Ashes. But his wife told him off and he kept playing.

But it seems like the same old story with other cricketer's auto-biographies. No matter how hard he tried at school, his cricket took over and his marks stayed down.

It also seems that his brother was quite the cricketer and was Gilly's role model as a kid. It's very interesting.

I watched it.

Yeah sean K-mart also has Punters book at $20. I'm getting both for chrissy but I think my mums gonna buy them now. I wish I could read them now but I have to wait :(

Adam Gilchrist might have no qualms in suggesting that Sachin Tendulkar was "bad sport" but the retired Australian said he had a humbling feeling while speaking to the Indian batting maestro to clear the air after the uproar raised by his book 'True Colours'."When I was talking to him. A little voice in the back of my head was saying, 'Can you believe you're really on the phone to Sachin Tendulkar?' I mean this is one of the best cricketers of all time, someone I admire so much, and here I was talking to him on the phone," Gilchrist said.

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiati...kar_humbles_Gilchirst/articleshow/3747432.cms

Interesting article,do read...

Users who are viewing this thread