Australia: The team it's hard to fall in love with

Tum its not jealousy, that is a silly argument.

I have to say too, that I love this Aussie team a little less than in previous years, to be honest. But it has more to do with not liking certain players as 'players' than any incidents or attitudes. Watson is a tool, but I absolutely love his batting technique, i9ts so pure and its a great sight to see him drive and pull all round the ground. Clarke irritates me, so does Johnson, Doug is cool but very simple.

I don't have a problem with the current team, with other teams more closely matched with Australia on paper every big score is more enjoyable and every wicket is more enjoyable. I do miss guys like McGrath completely dismantling another countries top 4 batsmen though.

I think the problem imo most people have with the team (Australian supporters that is) are one or two selections. Peter Siddle for example I think is very lucky to be where he is when you look at the bowlers around him and that irritates a lot of people when the best team isn't always being selected.

haha I said he was lucky, not bad. But I only used him as an example, because the team isn't as successful there is always someone that people think doesn't deserve to be there, sometimes you are forced to eat your words (Watson is mine thought he would be a duck shooter as an opener).

Ill just call them bogans then. And your right, your no way near America. Forgive me, but I just cant recall any great achievements in medicine, science, politics or any substantial academic field from Australia.

Hmarka added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

I forgot, the only thing you give to the world is B grade (anti semitic) actors.

A simple Wiki search reveals:

List of British Inventions (24)

* Centrifugal governor
* Clyde Broadcast
* Cordite
* Corkscrew
* Crossword
* Depth charge
* Electric motor
* Electromagnetic oscillograph
* Flush toilet
* Frost Airship Glider
* Gecko tape
* Harpic (cleaning product)
* Harrier Jump Jet
* Heroin
* Holography
* Periscope
* Radio
* Sellotape
* Steam engine
* Steam locomotive
* Sun and planet gear
* Synergy School Radio
* Tin can
* Turbojet

List of Australian inventions (31)

* Artificial pacemaker
* Atomic absorption spectroscopy
* Box wine
* Box kite
* Burqini
* Cochlear implant
* Coolgardie safe
* Coup? utility
* Dethridge wheel
* Esky
* Fairlight CMI
* Flame ionization detector
* Flight data recorder
* Flight recorder
* Hills Hoist
* Medical glove
* Metal Storm
* Mills Cross Telescope
* Orbital engine
* Polymer banknote
* RaceCam
* Record changer
* Rotary tiller
* Samba (software)
* Splayd
* Spray-on skin
* Stump-jump plough
* Synroc
* Thrust bearing
* Winged keel

As for your "medical, scientific" achievements, I can assure you that, being from that profession, there have been remarkable achievements made by Australians scientists and doctors. I can't recall any such achievements done by the British off the top of my head, but I'm sure there were many and if I spent a moment looking into it, I'd no doubt find it.

Not one of your better posts, Hmarka. I'd always pictured you as somewhat worldly and broad-minded. But I guess a dorm room in Texas really is the best place for you :mad:

By the way, "your" in your post should be "you're" in both instances. Says it all really.

Users who are viewing this thread