Australia: The team it's hard to fall in love with

Me and my best mate are racist to each other all the time. It unites us, funnily enough
:D

Yes this thread has great potential.

Well I would say that sometimes yes the Australians can rub there amazing play to the world, but they have been an amazing team for such a long time. I mean Micheal Hussey like someone said before is a great guy, he is an amazing person he is a world class character and a great role model for any cricketer.

BTW to this whole Hmarka and TumTum dispute. Okay listen, here's a history lesson the word "Redneck" comes from the people who live in Southern US and the nickname was given to them by the British. They called them Rednecks because people in Southern US would have Rednecks because they would work in the sun on farms and what not. Listen there are SOOOOO many racists people in the world and many of them aren't white. Some black people don't like white people just because there white. You could argue there racists.

Plus, tumtum I gotta say you are the saying some of the most sterotypical things I have ever heard in my life. "A redneck is a lazy person who is racists and has extreme points of views." Like you think you know so much about Rednecks yet most likely the only ones you see are the ones on TV. And judging by the stupid people on TV you have no idea what a redneck truly is.

I just did a google search of "Advanced Hair Studios wigs" which reveals lots of stories like below from people who got scammed by this company. Check out the photo that this guy posted underneath his story.

I'm currently having a bad situation with Advanced Hair Studio! Heres my story...

Last september 2005 i visted AHS in London. I had a consultation and was shown a video about 'strand by strand'.
I was told it is like a fine skin like membrane which my hair would be pulled through and hair would be added to it. I thought it sounded great and placed my order 3000 pounds worth. When it arrived and i had it fitted. I found it to be a wig. Technically it had a thick monofilament base with a PU perimeter. It was first tied to my head rather painfully and i was told to come back the next day. When i did, they shaved the top of my head and stuck it on with glue. It was unnatural, itchy and in no way looked like what was in there brochures on described in the consulatation. I wrote a letter of complaint and they have offered to remake the piece with a more natural appearance. I rejected the offer as it does not change the fundamental point of misrepresentation and goods that are cheap and not fit for it purpose. Im now taking proceedings through my credit card company and may possibly take them to court to redeem my money.

7081044582_101206a.jpg

As you can see, they are wigs of human hair that are glued onto the scalp, and need to be re-glued once every few weeks.

This is the same deal with Doug Bollinger's wig, and the same for Ricky Ponting. In Ponting's case, he has tried to be extremely discrete about it - he doesn't want anyone to know. That's why he NEVER takes his cap off when on the field. And he NEVER removes his helmet (e.g. when scoring a century, or when walking off the field after batting).

Last edited:
He took his helmet off when he got his 100 and 200 in the test match at Hobart. In fact he's done it plenty of times over the past year.

A picture of Ponting before signing up for the wig:

Attachments

• warnehair.jpg
    warnehair.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,777
Ricky Ponting most definitely does not wear a wig.

Gazza_11 added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

It's a hair transplant/implant.

Users who are viewing this thread