Australia: The team it's hard to fall in love with

I like Watson. He's my favourite player. I like how he expresses his emotions and isn't modest about it. Modesty is lame. I also don't like Katich. Clarke is up himself. I used to hate Ponting but he isn't that bad. APart from that the rest are cool. Douggie is actually pretty funny and acknowledges the crowd, unlike Watson unfortunately.

Yes the Australian team are probably one of the least likeable but I don't see what difference it makes. Its how they perform that matters.

I like Watson. He's my favourite player. I like how he expresses his emotions and isn't modest about it. Modesty is lame. I also don't like Katich. Clarke is up himself. I used to hate Ponting but he isn't that bad. APart from that the rest are cool. Douggie is actually pretty funny and acknowledges the crowd, unlike Watson unfortunately.

Modesty is lame when you aren't very good. Look at Sachin, one of the greatest players ever and his feet are firmly on the ground. Same with Lara.

It's all hearsay though. You heard Lara had his feet on the ground, I've heard Lara was a bit full of himself. It's gotten to the point now where it's impossible to tell really. Sachin might be a real ██████ but just plays humble and nice to the media. NO ONE KNOWS. It's so easy these days to judge. You get a small selection of shots from TV showing one incident and suddenly you can label a guy instantly as arrogant or a cheat or a great bloke. It's not really right.

Watson really shouldn't have done that to Chris Gayle, it was really childish and unnecessary. It's fine to give the batter a send off, but running up to him screaming in his face and jumping up and down like a three year old is over the line.

Haddin can't be that bad, he talks a lot, but the Pakistani's can't hate him that much, he actually came out of the change rooms before he was to come out to bat so he could have a chat with Akmal.

Not much of a Bollinger fan, he tries hard but theres just a lot of arrogance there. Siddle's pretty similar.'

Don't know why so many people hate Ponting, he doesn't seem that arrogant to me.

People also seem to forget how much the Aussie players do for the community. Community sessions, charity work, etc.

No point Gazza, some people are just haters and watch a few overs of cricket and decide they hate Punter and his men.

No point Gazza, some people are just haters and watch a few overs of cricket and decide they hate Punter and his men.

And some watch them for years and can see clearly what's going on. Not everybody are just haters - they just see things as they really are.

Yeah, I suppose they can't stand being belted all the time.

That's because you still think winning is everything. Some folk still believe in class, integrity, sportsmanship, tact, being a man, control and civility. Basically, not acting like trailer trash with too much cash.

At no stage has the Aussie team been a bunch of total nice guys on and off the field, the way the team is how its always been. Lots and lots of players have come through the team who really havent said much on the field, others like to have their say and thats their game. Different captains have come and gone but the sledging has been there for decades, sometimes worse than others but its always there.

Users who are viewing this thread