Australia: The team it's hard to fall in love with

I can understand where Captain OZ is coming from, and I do agree to a lesser extent. These days every tiny incident is blown way out of proportion, where in the past it was gone before you knew it.

Yeah, they always do that. It's great, I'm always there to pick up some autographs.....

@ 3:25 Katich calls Gambhir "fliping piece of sh it"

Add Kato to my list of Aussie rednecks I cant stand

Last edited by a moderator:
^And straight before that you hear Simon Katich mention the word "cheat" in a questioning sentence. I'd be 90% sure that Gambhir had just called him a cheat. Watch the reverse angle replay of Gambhir's lips at 4:10ish, and you tell me what Gambhir said if it wasn't "you're a F---g cheat man".

Either way that is not a good show of sportsmanship. Gambhir and Watson are both ██████s in my book and Katich will certainly respond if he's provoked too. It's not hard to find examples of Aussies getting too fired up on the field :( But as I mentioned earlier, I'm not too fussed until they start acting like arrogant losers off the field too. Only Symonds falls into that category so far and it's only when he drunk.

I can see why everyone hates Australia, but again if you want to take 5 seconds of someone's life and brand them a 'redneck I can't stand', that's your choice. Good for you.

Do you even know what a redneck is?

:facepalm

I live in Texas. I am well aware. Either way, just said it to rile up some Aussies and its obviously worked.

Hmarka added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Maybe I should have said "bogan" thats the term you lot use isnt it?

A 'Bogan' is someone that doesn't have a job and waste time doing nothing worthwhile.

A 'Redneck' is not exactly a 'Bogan' in a lazy sense, but is someone that is racist and holds extreme views.

You being from Texas explains everything :facepalm

That is not at all what a redneck is. You being from Australia explains your ignorance I guess :facepalm

I know plenty of rednecks who are not racist. You dont have to be white to be a redneck either. Its a mentality , an attitude and a culture.

Fair enough, but there is a huge difference between being ignorant and being racist.

Ignorant : "isnt Korea in China?"

Racist: "fearsome tweak the Chinese"

Well everyone knows that a Redneck can also hold racist views.

So don't mix the words 'Aussie' with 'redneck'. We are no where near the culture of the US.

Ill just call them bogans then. And your right, your no way near America. Forgive me, but I just cant recall any great achievements in medicine, science, politics or any substantial academic field from Australia.

Hmarka added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

I forgot, the only thing you give to the world is B grade (anti semitic) actors.

Users who are viewing this thread