Australia: The team it's hard to fall in love with

@ CaptainOz

I wasent really questioning Australia's contribution to the world. I was simply trying to insult TumTum, unfortunatly I insulted 20 odd million people along with him and for that I apologize.

Mavericks dont care for rules

top_gun_maverick_tom_cruise_suited.jpg

We also invented the Bionic Ear, a huge breakthrough on the world stage and resulted in a Nobel Prize.

"Our cheapness changed the world. Indians are so dedicated to being so cheap for so long, that Indian people actually created the number zero. You know how much dedication that took? That means, back in the day some Indian guy was looking at the numeric system. '1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9.. Hmmm.. None of those are the amounts I want to pay'. Then his friend came along and drew a circle. 'Whats that?' 'Nothing' 'Whats inside of it?' 'Nothing' 'Whats its walue?' 'Nothing...' '*Sniff* Its beautiful (shedding a tear). We shall call it (jeero)zero. Take it and go.'

Bit of Russell Peters OT. :)

@ CaptainOz

I wasent really questioning Australia's contribution to the world. I was simply trying to insult TumTum, unfortunatly I insulted 20 odd million people along with him and for that I apologize.

Ah no worries, as long as we can share each others' inventions, its all good..

I think it's funny that they call the esky an "invention".... it's nothing but a styrofoam box with a string handle :laugh

I don't have a problem with the current team, with other teams more closely matched with Australia on paper every big score is more enjoyable and every wicket is more enjoyable. I do miss guys like McGrath completely dismantling another countries top 4 batsmen though.

I think the problem imo most people have with the team (Australian supporters that is) are one or two selections. Peter Siddle for example I think is very lucky to be where he is when you look at the bowlers around him and that irritates a lot of people when the best team isn't always being selected.

If Peter Siddle was lucky he would be our top wicket taker for the summer.

If he bowled better and not pitched too short too regularly he would have taken a lot more wickets than he did.

Users who are viewing this thread