PS3 T20 Tri-Nation Series (Finished:Krish1712 Wins)

krish1712

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Match 1: Australia(thandamilk) vs India(krish1712)
Venue: Auckland(AUS home)
Toss: India(Elected to bat)

India
114 all out in 17.1 overs
S.Raina: 47(22)
S.Watson: 5/26 in 4 overs, S.Clark:3/25(3.0)

Austraila
115/4 in 8.1 overs
M.Hussey:40*(18)
I.Sharma:2/31(3.0)

MOM: Shane Watson
Australia won by 6 wickets

Brutal is not the word..Absolute murder!....Well played thanda.....Need to pull up the socks now to match up in the tourney!

RIZZYX

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@ Lone - no worries buddy, shame to see your not playing would have been great to have you on baord.

@ Krish & Thanda - wow Thanda must must be in good bowling form because Krish has been getting some really good scores against me 300+ lol

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
@Krish: I was just lucky that the tourney game was the one time your otherwise rock solid batting order failed to fire. Am already prepping for the absolute rampage that awaits me in our return game :)

@Rizzy: Mate lets get our first game in later today if we can.

krish1712

Club Cricketer
Match 2: India(krish1712)vs Pakistan(RIZZYX)
Venue: Kolkata(IND home)
Toss: India(Elected to field)

Pakistan
209 all out in 18.2 overs
S.Afridi: 75, Y.Khan: 38

India
211 for 9 in 19.1 overs
M.S.Dhoni:91, S.Tendlya:57

MOM: Dhoni

India win by 1 wicket

Really close one Rizz. Lag also played a key role in this relatively low scoring encounter between us. But great game!

RIZZYX

International Coach
Yeh bro it was a great game despite the lag, I was charging at one stage at 178 for 4 from 12 overs, at that point I even contemplated aiming for 300 but suddenly i got blown away and scored only 31 more runs :doh

Then when i was bowling I thought i had the game in the bag, you were 120 for 5 but you came back well, you got that 4 from Akhtars last bowl from no where lol and then the no ball in the final over just gave the game away.

Great stuff bro.

krish1712

Club Cricketer
Match 2: India(krish1712)vs Australia(thandamilk)
Venue: Kolkata(IND home)
Toss: India(Elected to Bat)

India
247/7 in 20 overs
V.Sehwag: 158*(70), Dhoni: 33(15)
B.Lee:2/30(4.0)

Australia
194 all out in 19.2 overs
D.Warner: 53(29), M.North: 33(27)
L.Balaji:3/32(4.0)

MOM: VIRU

India won by 53 runs.

Good game thanda! You really had it going during the first half of the chase, well ahead of the run-rate. Few wickets then added the pressure.

krish1712

Club Cricketer
Then when i was bowling I thought i had the game in the bag, you were 120 for 5 but you came back well, you got that 4 from Akhtars last bowl from no where lol and then the no ball in the final over just gave the game away.
Yup, I was 25/4 and in deep trouble. That boundary of akhtar's last ball of the 19th over was a lucky one. I was going for a single by flicking it down to fine leg so that Yuvi gets the strike in the last over, but happened to time it too well and it went for 4. But luckily you bowled a no ball on the 1st ball of the final over with 4 runs required and Ishant Sharma on strike.Free hit for the tailender was all that I needed.That was a lucky one for me. But it was anybody's game throughout. Had fun!Looking forward for your home game now!

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
@Krish: Yeah mate, I thought I was going OK till about the halfway mark. Then the spinner was introduced and picked up 2 wickets in an over! All downhill after that. The game was basically a showcase for Mr Sehwag. What an innings man - singlehandedly destroyed the Aussies.

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Aus (Thanda) vs Pak (Rizzy), Home game for Pak

PAK
301/9
S Khen 88 (34)
Afridi 56 (17)
White 4/94

AUS
197 all out
North 63 (34)
Warner 45 (15)
Gul 4/64
Afridi 2/25

PAK won by 104 runs.

Talk about bloody murder. On a belter of a pitch, Pak batted first, took full advantage of the dollies the Aussies threw up and batted them out of the game. For the Aussies, spinner woes continued to haunt them - their spinner leaked 94 runs in 4 overs, while they could only get half off that from Afridi and Mutak combined. Well played Rizzy, fantastic win.

So, this leaves Krish & I left to play a game each against Rizzy. The table & NRR looks like this (I think, please review and confirm)

Krish: Played 3, Won 2, Lost 1, NRR -1.09
Rizzy: Played 2, Won 1, Lost 1, NRR 2.33
Thanda: Played 3, Won 1, Lost 2, NRR -0.53

So, if Krish wins his game against Rizzy he qualifies. I need to win mine against Rizzy to have any hope of qualifying, and yet rely on the other result. Rizzy's NRR is very healthy so he could easily qualify by winning even 1 of his 2 remaining matches.

RIZZYX

International Coach
Match 5: Pakistan (RizzyX) vs India (Krish1712) at Edgbaston (Pak Home)
Toss: India elected to bat

India: 285/8 (20.0 Overs)
S Tendulkar 98 (36)
S Raina 77 (24)
S Tanvir 4/53 (3.0)
A Rauf 2/40 (4.0)

Pakistan: 257/10 (19.1 Overs)
M Alhasan 75 (38)
S Tanvir 50 (24)
Z Khan 4/31 (4.0)
L Balaji 3/55 (4.0)

India won by 28 runs
MOM: Tendulkar

Was another cracking game, Krish was 6 for 130 or so but a great 7th wicket partnership between Tendulker and Raina rockted India to a massive 285. Tendulker falling short of a hundred. The chase was always going to be tuff, and good early bowling by India made the task almost impossible, but Pak fought back well and had a chance at the end requiring 46 from last 3 overs with 4 wickets in hand including one over from the spinner, but Malik fell immediatly and it was too much left for Tanvir who also fell ending all hope for Pakistan,

Well played Krish and congrats on making it to the finals.

@ Thanda, that makes it a knockout game between me and you, i guess that works in your favour as the NRR scenario is out of the frame, Ill try catching you on tomorrow night, around 11pm UK time, should be a cracking game.

Last edited:

krish1712

Club Cricketer
Was another cracking game, Krish was 6 for 130 or so but a great 7th wicket partnership between Tendulker and Raina rockted India to a massive 285. Tendulker falling short of a hundred. The chase was always going to be tuff, and good early bowling by India made the task almost impossible, but Pak fought back well and had a chance at the end requiring 46 from last 3 overs with 4 wickets in hand including one over from the spinner, but Malik fell immediatly and it was too much left for Tanvir who also fell ending all hope for Pakistan,

Well played Krish and congrats on making it to the finals.

Great game mate....you came back really well after losing 4 wickets within the powerplay. But I knew it would be a close one considering the Edgbaston pitch which is a batting heaven.

Goodl luck to you both for the knockout!!!

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
@Krish: Well done mate. At least the Indian team is doing well SOMEWHERE!

@Rizzy: Yeah, knockout works better. I'll need to quickly figure out a way to stop your maurading batsmen! Good luck for the game. Will try and be online around 4PM Central today.

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Aus vs Pak knockout game; venue Auckland
Pak won the toss and batted first

Pak 124 all out in 15.2
Khan 18(12)
Hilfen 4/49
Clark 2/8

Aus 125/6 in 12.2
White 34(11)
Watson 21 (17)
Rahif 3/36

Aus won by 4 wickets
MoM: Hilfenhaus for his 4 wickets

Finals: Ind vs Aus.

Brief report to follow (Rizzy, pls add if you get time)

RIZZYX

International Coach
Match 6: Australia (Thandamilk) vs Pakistan (RizzyX) at Auckland (Home venue for Australia)

Match Report: In an all important contest, Pakistan feeling confident in their batting elected to bat first despite the pitch conditions making it suitable for bowling. Their decision backfired and they never really got going, losing regular wickets, they even failed to take advantage of the spinners, losing all their main batsman before the 2nd spin over was bowled. They were bowled out for 124 inside 16 overs.

Australia chase was at times cautious and at times electric, and it was due to the attacking nature they lost a few wickets, In the end it was a fairly comfortable win for the Aussies, and they now join the on song Indian team in the best of the 3 finals.

Pakistan on the other hand, head home, contemplating where they went wrong, they got close in a few games but not quite close enough.

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Ind vs Aus, 1st Final
Auckland
Toss: India, decided to bat first

Ind 146 all out 17.4
Yuvraj 28 (15)
Dravid 27 (9)
Gambhir 25 (16)
Hilfenhaus 2/9
Lee 2/26
Clark 2-for
Watson 2-for

Aus 147/7 in 17.0
Ponting 36* (20)
Watson 36 (22)
Hussey 29 (18)
Sehwag 2/21
Khan 2/36
Sharma 1/1 (3)

Aus won by 3 wickets.

In the first of the best of 3 finals, India stumbled from a great start in the powerplays, to be dismissed for below 150. It was an unlucky day for them - with Tendulkar run out at the non strikers end for close to nothing; and Yuvraj driving a punish-worthy Cameron White delivery straight into the hands of cover. The chase wasn't very different for Australia - a few batsmen got starts but wickets kept falling at regular intervals, as none dropped anchor.

Good game Krish.

Users who are viewing this thread