RIZZYX

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pakistan: 160/7 (20 Overs)
England: 134 all out (17.4 Overs)

Result: Pakistan won by 26 runs

Match Report: Any T20 match that lasts over a period of two days with as many interuptions as there were players on the feild, and yet mantaines that element of excitement that is befitting for a Semi Final consisting of the host nation, is something not to be missed, and those that were present at the home of cricket were not to complain as the Cricket justified all the waiting.

Pakistan resumed today on 15/2 from 3 overs and quickly lost Salmat Butt, wickets were lost on a reguar basis, and this perhaps in some ways helped Pakistan, as England kept feilds fairly attacking, giving Pakistan oppurtunities to loft over the top. Handy contributions from Shoaib Malik and Faisal Iqbal at the end of the innings got Pakistan to a winnable total of 160/7 from their 20 overs.

England were in the hunt all along, and with 68 to get from the last 9 overs with only two wickets to spare, Pakistan thought they had it in the bag, but England had other plans on their minds, they edged closer and closer, until yet another interuption (connection loss) bought play to stand still, when England resumed they needed 32 from 27 balls, with Flintoff and Mascuranuss at the crease and Paul Colingwood yet to come, and bearin in mind Pakistan still had to use up Afridi's 2.3 overs who until now was the most expensive bowler, it was going to take something special to stop them, something special is just what Pakistan produced, two magical deliveries ended England's chances of Glory, a in swinging slower bowl from Akhtar and a mysterious googley from Afridi in the following over, England were all out 26 runs short of their target.

Pakistan now face India in the best of 3 finals, the two teams with the best records in the tournament will go head to head for the first time, with Pakistan now making it 6 wins in a row after thier first match defeat against New Zealand, and India with a unbeatable record through out the tournament. There is very little to seperate these two at the moment and one gets the feeling any team can pull it off if its their day.

What is assured is that it will be a cracker of a game, with a sell out crowd as they all know there is nothing quite like a Pakistan vs India final.

I must admit i found my batting innings a nightmare becuase of the regular connection loss and am sure Lonewolf found it the same, the Cricket was brilliant but everything else was anything but that. There wasnt much in this game between the two of us, so it was unlucky for Lonewolf to loose it, he played very well, unlucky mate.

Last edited:

RIZZYX

International Coach
Lilas11 i'll be on tomorrow around 8pm-10pm IST and then again from 3am IST, let me know what times you will be available.

lilas11

Club Cricketer
Lilas11 i'll be on tomorrow around 8pm-10pm IST and then again from 3am IST, let me know what times you will be available.

Rizzy great report we have 2 very good cricket writers amongst us.. probably we can have u 2 cover all future tournaments extensively ;)

Weekends are quite difficult to commit but i ll try to be on ...any chances of you being on saturday or sunday afternoon

Also guys RIZZY's planing a test championship those interested please do check the thread PS3 test championship

Last edited:

RIZZYX

International Coach
On Saturday I'm at work from 12-7pm GMT
and on Sunday from 7am-7pm GMT

So if i can get a game in, it will be at around 8pm GMT which is 130am IST, so if your available then we can play, otherwise it will have to be on Monday.

Btw when i say tomorrow i mean Friday, lol as it is still Thursday over here.

gougie

Club Cricketer
gougie try getting your game with him till saturday else play the plate final with psymax78
on Sunday.

RIZZY congrats on the win look forward to a great final...INDIA PAKISTAN :banana2

Have also updated classification matches fixtures on first post.

Yeah mate thats what i thought, dont think there should be any problems playing psymax i see him on most days.

And well done to you and RIZZY on making the final, should be a great final, and too close to call a winner, good luck to you both. :hpraise
Wish i could watch it.:(
Also the next tourney we have, i will get some odds to the vbookie, so we can have a little bet on the winner spice things up abit.:spy

lonewolf5646

Club Captain
very well played Rizzy mate
just a few things from my side

the game was really good as both teams were evenly matched
the disappointment came from connection
we lost connection almost 20-25 times
have never happened with me ever b4
and considering it was a semi i was hugely disappointed
i think game lost conn at key points in both innings when both had good partnerships going
it is a shame
i think Rizzy will also agree had there been no conn lost forget abt lag

it wud have been an even better game
he cud have scored 20-30 extra runs and i cud have done good chase
not to mention wether i win or loose
at 1 time after seeing lag i was about to ask Rizzy if we cud play without fast bowlers
in laggy conditions it is very difficult to play fast i think he will agree
but somwhow i refrained from it
i think in next tourney we shud have the rule if lag is there n both players agree we shud go without fast
thats my opinion

anyways at the end of day Rizzy played very well
but i am more than happy with my performance

this was my first tourney with Planetcricket ppl
and considering most of good players are already among top in T20 rankings
making to S/F was good

lookin forward to play with u guys

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Hey Congrats Rizzy. Looking forward to the India-Pak finals. If there were a way for you guys to stream this live, I'd certainly watch it!

Lonewolf - tough luck mate. Lets try and catch our game today.
Edit: Lonewolf & I've just started our 3rd place play off. NZ batting first.

RIZZYX

International Coach
I agree with you Lonewolf, the lag was bad at times, and ok at times, even with Medium Pacers some bowls were very difficult to hit.

The feeling of playing a totally lagless match is just next level, and would have been great if our match was like that.

Thanda lol @ live streams, if someone was really dedicated I suppose they could set up a camera to record the screen, but i dont think it would be worth the hassle. :noway...

@Lilas11 - am online now for a few hours, hope to catch you on

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Another loss for me, congrats Lonewolf for the comprehensive win. I batted first, never could get away, and ended up 99 all out in the 20th over.

Honestly, all the fun I've had in the tourney aside, batting against Lone's pinpoint accuracy and dogged determination to not stray from a coin-length was just no fun :)

Scores: NZ 99 all out in the 20th over; ENG 102/6 (or was it 7?) in the 17th. No screenies for this one.

lonewolf5646

Club Captain
Honestly, all the fun I've had in the tourney aside, batting against Lone's pinpoint accuracy and dogged determination to not stray from a coin-length was just no fun :)

lol how shud i take this thanda.......no fun lol jokes apart
very good game at last i was able to beat u for the 1st time ever
this is the best bowling performance i had ever
i think bowling such a good line and length consistently for full 20 overs
is not what can be achieved every day
it just happens and i am glad i achieved it on our 3rd place playoff match

Match report: NZ won the toss and chose to bat
they started off badly by losing 1 wicket early but consolidated
Eng on the other hand were bowling excellent line and length and took wickets at regular intervals not allowing NZ to get away at any time
the spinners went for a few runs but nothing alarming and NZ were all out for 99 in 20 th over

Eng started off badly with losing 2 wickets for 5
they turned it on by sending in all the lower batsman in front
but a brilliant bowling display from NZ and some attacking fields never allowed them to get away fast
Eng lost wickets at regular intervals with Cook the only batsman wo held one end while wickets were crumbling on the other side
cook made a match winning 41(44)

The line and length from kiwi bowlers was brilliant but at the end they found it hard to defend a small total

And Thanda why no screenies for this one when u had for all other games :mad::mad::mad:

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
lol how shud i take this thanda.......no fun lol jokes apart

It was no fun as in it was difficult to bat against pitch perfect deliveries for 20 overs. It was also no fun (for me) because I was unable to get my timing right.

No screenies for this one cos' I'd forgotten my camera in the car! Got it back now.

lilas11

Club Cricketer
Gougie any luck getting a game against jaynffc over the weekend? If not please go ahead and play ur plate final with psymax

Rizzy instead of 8ist does 7ist work for you today?

Last edited:

gougie

Club Cricketer
Gougie any luck getting a game against jaynffc over the weekend? If not please go ahead and play ur plate final with psymax

Rizzy instead of 8ist does 7ist work for you today?

Not heard a thing from jay, so me and psymax started our game i batted first and got around 260 for 7 and psymax was about 40 for 2 in 6 overs when we lost connection, ive left him a message offering a full replay, so im hopefull of getting the game on today or tomorrow.

RIZZYX

International Coach
Me and Lilas started the first final today, due to time restrictions we coudnt complete the whole game, lilas batted first and was 189/7 from 19.2 overs when we lost connection.

The lag got really bad after 15 overs, so if there is no lag at all next time we play then i have agreed to restart the game, if there is a bit of a lag then we will continue from were we left off in a unranked game.

Or lilas if you remember what the score was after 15 overs, maybe we can continue from 15 overs, with 2 overs of Akhtar, 1 of Tanveer and 1 of Rauf to go.?

gougie

Club Cricketer
5th/6th play off W.I (gougie) v S.A (psymax)

W.I won toss and bat

W.I 317/9 20 overs
Gayle 88(35) AB 4/18 2

Nash 53(17) Steyn 4/31 4

S.A 198 AO 18.1 overs

AB 67(29) Baker 3/48 4
Gibbs 43(25) Gayle 3/61 4

W.I win by 119 runs MOM C Gayle and AB Deviliers

Well played mate a great effort trying to chase such a huge score.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread