PS4: Random Online Match Thread

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Since we do not have a dedicated sub-forum for organising online games yet, I thought we could start with this to discuss online play and organising quick matches on Playstation 4 in this thread.

My PSN Id - pathiik

About me:
I am usually available to play online matches between 10:30 pm at 1:30 am (I am in +5:30 GMT timezone). I am interested in playing proper cricket matches online (Super 1s maybe, ODIs etc.), not a fan of mindless 5 over bash where people try and smash everything / bowl slow loopy bouncers to exploit the loopholes. If anyone's interested, please post here on this thread or pm me and we can setup a custom match.

Others can use this thread to post their PSN Ids, post their availability and use this thread to organise online matches for themselves.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Since we do not have a dedicated sub-forum for organising online games yet, I thought we could start with this to discuss online play and organising quick matches on Playstation 4 in this thread.

My PSN Id - pathiik

About me:
I am usually available to play online matches between 10:30 pm at 1:30 am (I am in +5:30 GMT timezone). I am interested in playing proper cricket matches online (Super 1s maybe, ODIs etc.), not a fan of mindless 5 over bash where people try and smash everything / bowl slow loopy bouncers to exploit the loopholes. If anyone's interested, please post here on this thread or pm me and we can setup a custom match.

Others can use this thread to post their PSN Ids, post their availability and use this thread to organise online matches for themselves.
Online is unplayable (fun wise) for most as its too unbalanced -- batting is too easy ;) good luck finding players mate ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1511509746][/DOUBLEPOST]Although my friends and I are having some fun with online test matches ;)

Pat

International Coach
Online is unplayable (fun wise) for most as its too unbalanced -- batting is too easy ;) good luck finding players mate ;)

I had a taste of how it is yesterday. Played 3 games, here is how they went -

1. My first online match and I had the bad-luck of playing the leaderboard topper. He smashed me for about 100 odd in 5 overs. I was in control until 3rd over I guess then when I brought in a spinner (too naive to know its easy hitting spinners every ball online) who was taken for 25-30 odd. Last over, medium pacer, also went for 25 odd. When I began to chase, his strategy was to bowl round the wicket short balls that cut away from the RH batsman. I took a couple of overs just to understand how to play such deliveries. Ended up scoring 35-40 odd runs in my 5 overs. Was a decent match nevertheless.

After the insulting defeat :p, I vowed to practice a bit before playing the next match. I practiced how to hit short balls from round the wicket with an angle taking the ball away from the batsman. I also practiced bowling a bit before the next match.

2. The next match I had a character (id: cheema1971) against me. He took forever to bowl. Stopping several times after the bowler has started running-in. Assuming he was a newbie, I did not forfeit when offered. I batted first and scored 54 in 5 overs. He was pretty average when it comes to bowling. Then when I started to bowl, he hit the first ball for six. I kid you not, a defensive plug towards off and it went for six. Immediately realised he has batting modifiers perhaps on and is cheating by increasing shot power? (when he hit couple more unbelievable sixes). Yet, I thought I bowled well (I bowled different line/lengths and he struggled even connecting my deliveries most of the times) and had him 4 down for about 30-32 in the 4th over. I was very happy that I was going to get my first win just when I see an error message "Your game has been abandoned and you will be taken back to the menu". No win was awarded to me unfortunately.

3. Third game, another character (id: sonucharlotte). Another cheater. I bowled first and bowled really well to restrict him to 33 in 4 overs. He lost 5 wickets. I had my suspicions that even he had modifiers on but can't say for sure. Then I when I came out to bat - he turned out to be a one-trick pony. He would bowl round the wicket (with left armers) and over the wicket with right armers. He had a 7-2 offside field with 3 fielders on the offside boundary. Almost 95% of his deliveries were way outside the off stump (9th / 10th stump line) either cutting in or out unbelievably. I could hardly score anything. And gave up in the 4th over when I see Ravindra Jadeja was a fast bowler bowling 150 kph and Yuvraj Singh was also a fast bowler bowling 145 + kph. He had very obviously tampered with the lineup and probably even had everyone's skill value at 100 (is there a way to see the opposition skill values when playing online?). Was a frustrating experience.

Hopefully with the next few patches, online becomes a bit more interesting.

I had a taste of how it is yesterday. Played 3 games, here is how they went -

1. My first online match and I had the bad-luck of playing the leaderboard topper. He smashed me for about 100 odd in 5 overs. I was in control until 3rd over I guess then when I brought in a spinner (too naive to know its easy hitting spinners every ball online) who was taken for 25-30 odd. Last over, medium pacer, also went for 25 odd. When I began to chase, his strategy was to bowl round the wicket short balls that cut away from the RH batsman. I took a couple of overs just to understand how to play such deliveries. Ended up scoring 35-40 odd runs in my 5 overs. Was a decent match nevertheless.

After the insulting defeat :p, I vowed to practice a bit before playing the next match. I practiced how to hit short balls from round the wicket with an angle taking the ball away from the batsman. I also practiced bowling a bit before the next match.

2. The next match I had a character (id: cheema1971) against me. He took forever to bowl. Stopping several times after the bowler has started running-in. Assuming he was a newbie, I did not forfeit when offered. I batted first and scored 54 in 5 overs. He was pretty average when it comes to bowling. Then when I started to bowl, he hit the first ball for six. I kid you not, a defensive plug towards off and it went for six. Immediately realised he has batting modifiers perhaps on and is cheating by increasing shot power? (when he hit couple more unbelievable sixes). Yet, I thought I bowled well (I bowled different line/lengths and he struggled even connecting my deliveries most of the times) and had him 4 down for about 30-32 in the 4th over. I was very happy that I was going to get my first win just when I see an error message "Your game has been abandoned and you will be taken back to the menu". No win was awarded to me unfortunately.

3. Third game, another character (id: sonucharlotte). Another cheater. I bowled first and bowled really well to restrict him to 33 in 4 overs. He lost 5 wickets. I had my suspicions that even he had modifiers on but can't say for sure. Then I when I came out to bat - he turned out to be a one-trick pony. He would bowl round the wicket (with left armers) and over the wicket with right armers. He had a 7-2 offside field with 3 fielders on the offside boundary. Almost 95% of his deliveries were way outside the off stump (9th / 10th stump line) either cutting in or out unbelievably. I could hardly score anything. And gave up in the 4th over when I see Ravindra Jadeja was a fast bowler bowling 150 kph and Yuvraj Singh was also a fast bowler bowling 145 + kph. He had very obviously tampered with the lineup and probably even had everyone's skill value at 100 (is there a way to see the opposition skill values when playing online?). Was a frustrating experience.

Hopefully with the next few patches, online becomes a bit more interesting.
I think u r not bowling well as i played with all of them they cant score more than 60 in 5 overs with me I think u should work on ur bowling.

Pat

International Coach
Hah. I don't disagree. I am not an expert player by any means. I have been almost exclusively batting (95% of the times) in the previous two iterations of the game.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Agreed game is not much fun online compared to DBC 14 online with league matches and so on

Winning doesn't feel like you have earned it as hitting boundaries and sixes are way too easy and losing is equally frustrating as there are some weird tactics and modifiers online. Fortunately game is absolutely incredible offline

Pat

International Coach
I finally have a win online (after playing 4-5 matches). Though it came of a forfeit that the opposite guy did. He was batting first and was unable to play my pace bowling. He forfeited after 1.1 overs of misery. The second match, I was playing a guy who was bowling first and got smashed for about 20-odd in 1.2 overs and he decided he had had enough and forfeited. I finally have 2 wins though, so not complaining :D

Documenting the next three matches I played over the last few days -

1. Played against a guy who picked Australia and I was playing as India. I batted first and he turned out to be 7-2 tactic cheater. First over he bowled normally with a fast bowler and got taken for 12. The remaining overs were all bowled by spinners who would bowl way outside off stump at extremely slow speeds (50-60 kmph) with balls turning a mile and I struggled to score runs against them. I took stance at 5th stump and then he would occasionally bowl a quicker one at stumps, one of which I hit for 6. I ended up scoring 25 and was all out in the 4th over trying to hit runs against the slow spinners. In response, he struggled against my bowling for the first over but then he was able to hit a couple of sixes. In the third over, he was about 21 for 1. In the fourth over, I continue my variations and picked up 2 wickets and he was at 23-3 towards the end of 4th over when the game froze and we got disconnected (both of us tried continuing the game but were not able to do so).

2. Today, I played against a guy who picked India (and I was India too). I was off with my bowling - bowled too many wides (about 6 to 7 wides at-least in the match) and was inconsistent with my bowling. Though I did manage to pick 3 wickets, the opposite guy scored 54 of 5 overs. I came out to bat all guns blazing and had a good start. I scored around 30 odd in the first two overs at the loss of 1 wicket. Then came his spinners (though luckily he did not use 7-2 tactic) I struggled a bit against them and lost a couple of wickets and then lost another to a stupid run-out trying to be ambitious with a quick single. In the fourth over, I hit a couple of good boundaries against the spinner and was left with 3 runs to win off the last over with just the one wicket left. Thousand thoughts running through my head I decided to play watchfully and take singles to win it from here. First ball of the final over, I tried to drive but missed behind my legs and somehow my hands hit the Run button. And I got run-out. Cursed myself for a good 5 mins for losing an easy match by just 2 runs when I had a full over to score them. I practiced unorthodox shots against spinners after this match before playing the next one.

3.This guy (mattitude82) picked SAF All time best XI against India (me). He batted first and had trouble playing against my pace bowlers. But he did manage to hit a couple of sixes straight down. His struggles against my pace bowlers continued and he was about 15 odd in the second over with 3 wickets down. He then decided to bat sensibly and scored a few good shots. I eventually picked the other 2 wickets and got him all out in the final over for 39 runs. I came out to bat and began hitting like there was no tomorrow. He had a strange field - with no mid-on in place which I capitalised a lot hitting Donald and Cronje on the on-side for plenty. I chased down 40 with all 5 wickets intact in the third over. My first genuine win.

The second and third guy were genuine blokes (no 7-2 offside tactic or superman modifiers) though their skill level were below average (clearly I was a better bowler). Goes to show that once the sliders and other online issues are resolved, online is going to be such much more fun. I haven't had any major issues in the 8-9 matches I have played online so far (Except the modifiers that some players enable to cheat). I never thought I would say this - but playing online is way more fun than playing offline against AI. Playing online - you come across humans like you who have different ideas, different strategies on how to win matches and it is fun just knowing and attempting to beat the others.[DOUBLEPOST=1512759527][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think u r not bowling well as i played with all of them they cant score more than 60 in 5 overs with me I think u should work on ur bowling.

I have had many people struggle a lot against my pace bowling. I think I am a much improved bowler now. Let me know if you would like a 1v1 match online against me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread