Votes: 12 57.1%
  • DS Lite

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Merry Christmas to one and all!

My sister wants to get a portable console for her birthday, but she isn't sure which one to get. She wants to be able do play those brain training games on the DS Lite, but the PSP has the ability to play films as well as games. Are there any brain training games on PSP? Which console would you guys say is the best all round?

If i were your sister I'd buy PSP, because Then I can listen to music, watch movies, use internet network.

If your sister has said she wants a portable console and stated she wants one because of the brain training games, she should get a DS Lite. There are lots of those types of games on there.

Oh i did'nt read that part, yeah buya DS if she wants some brain training games.

I've just read that a 'Dr Kawashima' (I think that's his name) brain training game is also out on the PSP. Does anyone know if it's as good as the DS version? The PSP is sounding like the more attractive option to me at the moment. My sister likes 'cutesy platformers' as well, are there many of those on the PSP?

The PSP (and the DS) are both machines that will thrive for many years yet, aren't they? My sister bought a Dreamcast (when it was near the end of it's commercial life) and doesn't want to make the same mistake twice.

Last edited:
Sod the PSP, I have one and it is boring after a while... It's a hassle getting videos to work and if you want to listen to music then that is what an iPod is for (I got an iPod Nano Shuffle today :D) The PSP is more powerful but the DS makes up for it with more fun games.
Most girls prefer creative and imaginative stuff more than straight forward direct stuff, so something with a touch screen, sound receiver and dual screen (what DS stands for).
Plus, DS has Pok?mon, easily the best handheld game of all time, ever as well as Sonic and Mario.

Well personally I have never found my PSP boring, it depends what games you get mainly, if you get crap and short ones, then oviously the PSP will be boring, whereas if you get interesting games will last you for a fair bit then the PSP is very good. In my opinion if you want games where you can play 'cuddle my dog and say aaaaw over a virtual dog', then get a DS, if you want games where you can play good graphic and serious games, play music, pictures, videos and the internet then buy the PSP.

If shes young and a girl the DS is the best option and has the best games to suit her. When the Psp has got more of the ruf and tumble games 2 suit her!

i have a ds and im 17 and its hell good. games are fun. i like sport games nd people think it doesnt have sport games but it does. tiger woods is cool. mario kart is cool. mario party is good. psp has crappy battery life and the videos and games are 2 expensive. buy a ds:)

The PSP has the worst games catalogue of any console out atm, even the Wii has more must have games. The DS is streets and streets ahead, i dont own either, but i've owned both, and the DS is miles ahead, has a wider games catalogue, which is aimed at all types of people, DS > PSP.

/Thread.

I've seen what the games catalogue of the DS has to offer and based on this and all your views, I have advised my sister to go with the DS Lite. It's also got some games I used to love! James Pond 'Robocod'!! Anyone remember that one?
From what I can see, the DS Lite's catalogue is far more varied than the PSP's and it has many more of the types of game that my sister likes.

Users who are viewing this thread