Quickest for Each Country

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
angryangy said:
On current ability, surely Malinga is faster than what Fernando does now

Who would be the quickest for the West Indies? Taylor and Powell seem to be just the faster side of fast medium. Edwards is pretty fast.

i would think that Edwards is the fastest of the 3 that you mentioned, never seen the speeds he bowls at but from what i heard i think he is.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
updated

any disputes continue commenting

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Cricket guru's used to say that Srinath was the fastest Indian bowler...
Atm i think Sreesanth has potential to be a "brett lee" of sorts and hit 150 regularly.
A couple of months in the MRF pace academy should do it..

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Isn't it Lawson for WestIndies... i remember seeing him somewhere touching 150 Kmph... I am not sure though!

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Collins is a 140-145 km/h bowler, Surendar i think you are correct. Lawason was a 150+ bowler but i dont know if he still is he has had some injuries.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Jermaine Lawson's problem has been a bit of an illegal action. If he was already in the side and got an injury, he'd be recalled once fit. However, he's had to adjust a couple of times now and so he has to prove himself all over again and injuries have set him back further.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Cricket_god said:
South africa- nel ,ntini is hyped to bve bowling fast where as he bowls below 135

Nel bowls at like 82-85mph, whilst Ntini when in full flow touches 90mph and just above every so often, so it's definately Ntini over Nel.

Harmison is technically Englands quickest bowler, although his massive loss of form, as well as ageing body (I know he's still young but if you walk around like your some kind of 70 year old pensioner your bodies eventually going to start thinking that's what you are :p ), means Freddie when in full flow, with full fitness and normally just after taking a wicket is quicker. Freddie at his best is often around 85-88mph, and with a wicket ups to 91-92, whilst Harmy will often be 90mph odd first spell and get progressively slower throughout the day.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Dare said:
Collins is a 140-145 km/h bowler, Surendar i think you are correct. Lawason was a 150+ bowler but i dont know if he still is he has had some injuries.

How about Adam Sanford ?

offdriven4

Club Cricketer
well england have three genuine 90mph plus bowlers in Harmison,Flintoff and Jones(he's back) plus Broad looks like he could be another

PhilD123

International Coach
offdriven4 said:
well england have three genuine 90mph plus bowlers in Harmison,Flintoff and Jones(he's back) plus Broad looks like he could be another
Broad isn't 90mph. But another one to add to your list is Saj Mahmood.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
PhilD123 said:
Broad isn't 90mph. But another one to add to your list is Saj Mahmood.

Saj is an odd one, he keeps being touted as a 90mph plus bowler, yet he seems more the sort of bowler who can occassionally touch 90mph. It's not like he's as young as commentators and Fletch (Beefy) make out either. But yep SiJo is another in the 85-88mph category who at the start of spells and just after a wicket can push just about 90mph. He was there almost all the time before the first of his many injuries.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Plunkett, Harmison, Flintoff, Mahmood and even Anderson can reach in excess of 90mph. We don't have a genuine rip-roaring fast bowler but i'd say as a unit, we have the fastest bowling combination out there if you see where i'm coming from.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
genghis_khan said:
Tait is much faster than Lee, that can be put down to age really. Tait hit 160 against NZ at the MCG in the CBS.

Doesn't matter really, Lee >>>> Tait

Users who are viewing this thread