Quickest for Each Country

Weird isn't it Matt that they've all lost about 10 mph in pace for this world cup, I can only guess that they feel it suits the pitches better to bowl 5-10mph slower than when they play test cricket. Shame they still give away more extras than any other side in world cricket.

evertonfan said:
Plunkett, Harmison, Flintoff, Mahmood and even Anderson can reach in excess of 90mph. We don't have a genuine rip-roaring fast bowler but i'd say as a unit, we have the fastest bowling combination out there if you see where i'm coming from.

The problem is when Plunkett and Mahmood bowl 90mph it tends to go over the place, i'd rather they bowl slower. When Harmison is confident (very rarely these days) he can get up to 95-6. Jones used to be very quick aswell.

For some reason England feel that they need to bowl faster in Test cricket. I've seen Anderson bowl 90mph many times in a Test but I don't recall ever seeing him do it in an ODI. Something to do with the white ball perhaps?

evertonfan said:
For some reason England feel that they need to bowl faster in Test cricket. I've seen Anderson bowl 90mph many times in a Test but I don't recall ever seeing him do it in an ODI. Something to do with the white ball perhaps?

In test matches we seem to think bowling quick and short is the be all of end all. We lose 50-100 runs every test from bowling pointless short balls that can be milked for singles.

offdriven4 said:
well i didn't say that he is,i jsut said that he could be anoher 90 mph bowler
From what I've seen of him, I think Broad will be 85-87mph tops.

Of the current lot, and 10 test nations:

India - Sreesanth
Pakistan - Akhtar
England - Flintoff
Australia - Tait
West Indies - Edwards (Taylor is close)
New Zealand - Bond
Sri Lanka - Malinga (Fernando is close)
South Africa - Ntini (Nel is close)
Bangladesh - Mortaza (Or Mohd. Sharif they say is the quickest in Bangla)
Zimbabwe - Tricky one, but I think it is Eddie Rainsford, as the rest are more swing bowlers.

Will_NA said:
harmison's quicker than flintoff

Depends how Harmison is feeling, during spells like OT last year he can be mid-90s where as the Ashes he struggled to get high-80's. Harmison at his best is great to watch though.

Drewska said:
Depends how Harmison is feeling, during spells like OT last year he can be mid-90s where as the Ashes he struggled to get high-80's. Harmison at his best is great to watch though.

I wonder if that will happen again

That's Dale not Darryll

Mark Gillespie from NZ is an interesting one, he's not as quick as Bond but boy he's quicker than you think. You look at the guy and think he'd struggle to hit 130 but he gets 140+ regularly.

iceman_waugh said:
How about Adam Sanford ?
I think Adam Sanford was a medium pace bowler at best. He wasn't a good one either, but as usual he caused India a lot of problems.

Users who are viewing this thread