Radeon - Cricket 2005 performance issue: Possible Fix

oltimer

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Im on an AMD64 with Radeon 9600Pro and 512MB RAM. My problem was that Cricket 2005 gameplay was very jerky. It was not like I was getting steady or consistent low framerates. Rather, it was now smooth, now jerky kind of problem. Also noticeable was the EA Sports logo intro getting cut short.

Disabling Catalyst A.I. fixed it for me.

Catalyst A.I: Catalyst A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) is a new feature introduced by ATI to allow users to determine the level of 'optimizations' they enable in graphics applications.
Broadly speaking, the driver tries to improve a game's performance-quality by using these game specific tweaks inbuilt in the driver itself.

The settings for AI should be here (can't tell the exact location becuase I have not installed official Catalyst drivers):
Right Click (on Desktop) > Properties > Settings > Advanced > ...

With Omega drivers (modified Catalyst drivers) it can be found here:
... > Advanced > Advanced 3D tab > 3D tab > AI (Disable)

Remember though, its quite possible that disabling A.I. might effect performance-quality of another game.

tried it and the ea sports start up continues beautifully. However my game still runs too slow, and when I press the quit button to go back to windows, then it speeds up as it should be, that's crazy. Anyone expereincing this problem??

Users who are viewing this thread