IPL Rajasthan Royals

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Rajasthan Royals Squad | Cricket Squad | IPL 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

On track for an easy win of KXIP in their first game of the season.

Bit surprised Binny wasn't selected. Goswami as keeper/batsman makes good sense, and Cooper is very good pick to bolster the bowling and fielding. But Chavan over Binny? Must have wanted the additional spinner.

The bowling attacks seems thin. I mean, sure they work on this track which is slow, dull, with some turn. Lack of pace, lack of bounce, and this attack of assorted medium pace bowlers with slower balls, and a couple of clever spinners, works quite well.

But put this attack on a quicker pitch or one with better bounce...and it's a bit worrying. Don't expect much from them. Tait and Watson are on the bench though, as is Sreesanth...so there is some pace there.

Batting looks solid. Dravid, Rahane, Menaria, Chavan and Goswami are a good local core. Botha and Cooper shouldn't be dropped. Hodge and Shah are excellent batting additions too, and Shah will probably be left out for Watson.

Chavan will probably hang around as second spinner for a while. Unless they are willing to swap out Cooper for Binny, and bring in Hogg for Chavan.

Watson return will pose an interesting question on balance as well. Because he is an additional bowler...the current lineup already features 6 bowlers (7 if you count Menaria).

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Rajasthan has worked hard on their weakness of batting from last season.

They had good team today but I was surprised by not seeing Sreesanth in there. Cooper came as a bonus to the team. It is hard to pick their final 11 though after all the players are there.

After Watson comes back, I don't see Owais Shah in the final 11. I don't know how will they fit Dinesh Chandimal in the final 11? I don't even think he will get any game except somebody is in bad form. Brad Hogg will also be handy as it is really hard to pick his googly.

Watson
Rahane
Dravid
Hodge
Meneria
Botha
Stuart Binny
Goswami
Cooper
Sreesanth
Tait/Hogg

They can bring in Owais Shah and Dinesh Chandimal according to pitch conditions and form of oter players.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Sreesanth shouldn't be near the team. Not unless he's in form an the wicket is good.

Chandimal is probably going to be a reserve. Goswami is a pretty good keeper/bat, no reason to drop him.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
lol finally a thread made on RR.

i doubt cooper is any good, he has hardly played any games and will probably be found out sooner rather than later. When watson comes back both the bowling and batting will look stronger and with shah and hodge RR have a good overseas contingent.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Cooper has a pretty solid T20 record as a bowler. And he's definitely a good fielder. What I'm worried about is when they get a pitch which isn't as slow and low as this one. Like something at the Chinaswammy Stadium. A pitch where a better tactic would be to attack with pace than to take the pace off.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Sreesanth shouldn't be near the team. Not unless he's in form an the wicket is good.

Well you have to try him to see if he is in good form and how is he bowling. I thought they will take him against Kings 11 just to see how is he doing as Kings 11 are not the strongest team of the tournament. Sreesanth is a wicket taker and will be useful as he can extract some swing early on and take 1 or 2 wickets.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I think they can judge his form by the way he is bowling in the Nets.

Trivedi and Amit Singh are more useful on those sort of wickets anyways. Good slower balls, good control.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Rajasthan Royals this time look similar so similar to they were in season 1. Not many big names but performing as a unit and doing really well.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
I just hope that by the start of next season the side isn't stripped of all its good players.

Users who are viewing this thread