Random Thoughts

Like I said, agree to disagree.

Death penalty is a completely different topic and I don't think it necessarily makes one uncivilized. Some people deserve death, I'm sure you lot would have tried to rehabilitate Hitler and reintroduce him into society, whereas we would have just shot him

Mark added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

She was.....

Yes but her grandfather earned her inheritance, he was not given it by the common folk.

Like I said, agree to disagree.

Death penalty is a completely different topic and I don't think it necessarily makes one uncivilized. Some people deserve death, I'm sure you lot would have tried to rehabilitate Hitler and reintroduce him into society, whereas we would have just shot him

Mark added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Yes but her grandfather earned her inheritance, he was not given it by the common folk.

It wasn't the topic it was how you compared the two things. There's a difference.

But a royal family makes one uncivilised?

We're just going round in circles now. I'm saying they have no place in a civilized society, not that they make you uncivilized.

That still doesn't make her anymore deserving than the Royal family though; hell if we look back at the history of the Monarchy they've been guiding the country to what it is today since they came about.

I'm saying they have no place in a civilized society, not that they make you uncivilized.

They do have a place though as the model we're using is working as things stand. Making a killing for us on the tourism front and they do have an ambassadorial role.

Just got word from the University and I am in!!!!!!!!!

Meeting the Dean next week to discuss my degree plan and start school again in January! Quitting my job tomorrow!

Can't wait to start and hopefully in a shade under 2 years I will be a teacher!

Ace.

Kudos for going into teaching something I could never do nor would ever want to.

Good on ya Mark. You're obviously quite keen on teaching.

Cheers guys. I am so happy right now I can't express it. I can't wait to start teaching either, I could easily have droned on through life as a data base analyst but after just 3 years in the job I knew I was wasting my time on this earth.

Fingers crossed the meeting with the dean goes well, I won't believe it until I am full on registered for classes in January, it's all so surreal.

Forgot to mention that a stipulation of this program is that I teach in a "low income Texas district" for at least 2 full school years.

Sounds interesting .......................... especially since I have rarely ventured outside of the affluent suburbs I am so accustomed to.

Congrats Mark.
I've been teaching in "low income" districts for 3 years now and you don't look back.
What will you be teaching?

Thanks Colin

Well I am getting certified to teach k-12 (as in all grades) in social studies and history but I am aiming to teach Senior (12th grade) history and political science as its almost collegiate level in AP (advanced placement) highschool classes. Also I will be coaching baseball.

Congrats Mark :thumbs

Sounds like you're very enthusiastic about it and that's probably the most important thing when thinking about your future :)

'played Mark lid.

About to go out, been pre-drinking despite trying to stay reasonably sober. My somewhat questionable behaviour on saturday is still the talk of the house (our honorary 7th house-mate, who basically lived on our couch for the summer was round, and he had to be filled in) a part of me wants to get ridiculously smashed tonight solely so the subject is changed (saturday managed to counteract the 10 days previous story, which involves but is unfortunately nowhere near limited to me arguing with a fat girl over which one of us had bigger boobs)

but the other part of me thinks I need to have an average soberish night out which I can say "remember the time I went out and didn't make an absolute farce of myself"

Users who are viewing this thread