PS3: Ranii trophy competiton ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjwiz

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
ok so for every player not retained you will receive an extra 2500 USD

For the indian players I divided them into four groups A,B,C,D so I will auction the A,B,C players like I showed in the example and the D players in a simple auction so everyone has a turn and picks class D players.

But how many of each group?

Can you please edit the OP with all these details clearly with some formatting (headers, bullets, etc). It will make us all understand the rules much better.

For instance, is the squad composition like this:

1. Legend
2. Icon
3. Icon
4. Icon
5. International Auction
6. Subcontinent (non-India) Auction
7. Associate Nation Auction
8. India Tier A Auction
9. India Tier B Auction
10. India Tier C Auction
11. India Tier D Draft
12. India Tier D Draft

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ok so for every player not retained you will receive an extra 2500 USD

For the indian players I divided them into four groups A,B,C,D so I will auction the A,B,C players like I showed in the example and the D players in a simple auction so everyone has a turn and picks class D players.

You seriously need to sort out the rules and regulations. So basically a person will get amount worth a class C player if he doesn't retain a player whereas others can retain players who are class A. That is seriously unbalanced.

----------

And why do J&K get Ajay Jadeja as legend? He is from haryana. Because J&K doesnt have a legend that is why you assigned him then atleast assign someone who is actually a legend. You can assign Raina beause Rainas are kashmiri pandits who migrated out of kashmir. So technically Raina is a legend for J&K ;)

Ishaan k

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
fine 7500 per player not retained and the legend is not where the player is from it is based on which player is from which ranjii team played at but since im nice ill let u have Raina

arjwiz

Associate Captain
fine 7500 per player not retained and the legend is not where the player is from it is based on which player is from which ranjii team played at but since im nice ill let u have Raina

You have changed your rules multiple times every day. I seriously suggest that you take a few hours, write down some detailed, thought out rules, and let the games commence. For instance:
- I still don't know what the squad composition is going to be like, despite asking so many times and even writing down a template format. You are also taking about increasing the purse by $2500 or $7500 or whatever - but which purse?
- You yourself have created two purses - one for Indian players and one for International. You need to think of these things and write it down clearly in the opening post without someone having to ask you. There will be lots of problems in the actual organisation of the game otherwise.
- Are you sure people will be around for those 4 hours that you expect the auction to take place? If not, what is the contingency? Can this be done using some online tool instead? Can drafts be done instead of auctions? Can fewer auctions be done, which would therefore take less time to manage?
- I still think getting 60+60+60+60 overs per game is a lot. I asked you a bunch of questions on the first page regarding the format which still haven't been answered. How will you manage to get 4 games in per team in the group stages itself? It seems like a lot of games, and the more teams you include, the tougher it will be. Consider 4 groups of 3 teams each.

If you want, I don't mind taking over the auction and squad management part of this from you, and helping you with everything else - rules building, etc. As long as you actually ensure that the games are being played and squads are built in CA. If you agree to this, we can scrap this thread and start afresh, re-writing your core rules and maintaining the same players who have already registered. I really want to play this Ranji Trophy game, but I think you will find issues if you don't clean things up.

You have changed rules after teams have decided who their icon players are.

If it were me, I would say $5000 is a good amount, and you would agree.

Last edited:

Ishaan k

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
Firstly this is an exception for the j+k player since he did retain any players those funds will be for his indian budget secondly all the questions u asked I answered on ur public message page thirdly I will redo ply he rules on the first post fourthly I would appreciate your help with the auction and the rules however I do not believe that I will completely redo the rules on a spectate forum fifthly 60 overs is the maximum time for a single innings maximum unless in a chase situation which I defined in the first post and finally about the draft it will not take four hours for the draft as I said there are not many class A B C players if you would like I will define them more clearly and if does take a while I could extend he draft over a few days

arjwiz

Associate Captain
Firstly this is an exception for the j+k player since he did retain any players those funds will be for his indian budget secondly all the questions u asked I answered on ur public message page thirdly I will redo ply he rules on the first post fourthly I would appreciate your help with the auction and the rules however I do not believe that I will completely redo the rules on a spectate forum fifthly 60 overs is the maximum time for a single innings maximum unless in a chase situation which I defined in the first post and finally about the draft it will not take four hours for the draft as I said there are not many class A B C players if you would like I will define them more clearly and if does take a while I could extend he draft over a few days

1. You cannot make exceptions for single players. You have to create a rule. The rest of the players will strategise based on those rules.

2. I still don't know the squad structure. And a few other things I asked.

3. Great

4. Sent you a PM. Happy to help.

5. So is it ultimately a two innings, 60 overs per innings match?

6. Okay please define them more clearly. Why are there two purses and which purse gets boosted if a player doesn't retain any icons?

Ishaan k

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
Ok the squad composition will be as such icon players (if any) choice not to pick icon players ( will change first post) plus legend then three overseas player 1 class A indian player 1 class B indian player 1 class C indian player and two class D indian players
If the player does not chose an icon player his Indian player purse gets boosted by 7500 for every player not retained and this is now in the interest of time a two innings 60 over match

bradthelad

Club Captain
@Ishaan k Can i pick Zaheer Khan as my legend for Baroda.

Dont worry just saw hes been taken by mumbai as an icon player :(

Last edited:

Ishaan k

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
I will add rasool but I already put Pandey in as class C

bradthelad

Club Captain
Could we have a bit more depth in our squad say have a 15 man squad as below

1. Legend
2. Icon
3. Icon
4. Icon
5. International Auction
6. Sub continent Auction
7. Associate Auction
8. India tier A
9. India tier B
10. India tier B
11. India tier C
12. India tier C
13. India tier D
14. India tier D
15. India u/19s

Just would like more depth in the squads if bowler or batsman are not performing we can replace them have tactics so we can ad in a spinner and take out a pace bowler for example if they conditions are good for spin just my thoughts up to u though should be a good competition :)

Last edited:

Ishaan k

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
ok ill change the squad composition to that we and arjwiz are currently reworking the rules and ill incoporate that idea

r3lo4ded

Club Cricketer
What team would you like to manage:mumbai
When you are getting the game: first week
Any other things that I could incorporate into the tournament: Bonus Points

arjwiz

Associate Captain
@kushari
@Solomon
@Valerian250
@bradthelad
@rahulr
@Sarvesh_aus
@AngryPixel
@azad

Are all of you available at 12 noon GMT (London Time) ie 5:30 pm Indian Time on Sunday 30 March for about 1-2 hours for the auction?

We have 10 players already and might cap this at 12. Updates rules coming up on Saturday. Core rules will remain the same.

Only 2 slots remain so sign up now if you want to play. Very little local player knowledge needed.

Last edited:

Solomon

County Cricketer
29th March is Saturday. Sunday 12 noon GMT might be difficult for me as I have a meeting scheduled already. I am available 1300 hrs GMT 1830 IST

@kushari
@Solomon
@Valerian250
@bradthelad
@rahulr
@Sarvesh_aus
@AngryPixel
@azad

Are all of you available at 12 noon GMT (London Time) ie 5:30 pm Indian Time on Sunday 29 March for about 1-2 hours for the auction?

We have 10 players already and might cap this at 12. Updates rules coming up on Saturday. Core rules will remain the same.

Only 2 slots remain so sign up now if you want to play. Very little local player knowledge needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread