IPL Rate IPL 7 out of 10

IPL Rate IPL 7 out of 10

• Total voters

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Not by teams, or how your team done this season, but as a overall season.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Gave 9/10 for the following reasons;
1)Saw Indian players performing this season(won both purple and orange cap)
2)Uttappa became only the second Indian after Sachin to win orange cap
3)Raina's unbelievable innings in eliminator
4)Two Indian centuries (both in playoffs :clap ) and total 3 centuries in the edition
5)Pathan's fastest fifty
6)MI's unbelievable chase against Rajasthan.
7)Super over tie in Rajasthan vs Kolkata
8)Maxwell show (three 90+ scores )
9)KKR winning it twice and ending rule of CSK in this area :D

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
1/10 as it isnt cricket it's just who has the biggest bat and strongest arms...

lion100lion

International Coach
1/10 as it isnt cricket it's just who has the biggest bat and strongest arms...
That's the definition of T20 cricket and not IPL alone. So, 1/10 is for all the T20 games in general.

But, seriously saying, one did find a lot more special moments other than the hard hitting like spectacular catches, 2 good hattricks, some innovative shots, good death bowling and many more....
All these videos, you can watch on Pepsi IPL videos at StarSports.com

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
That's the definition of T20 cricket and not IPL alone. So, 1/10 is for all the T20 games in general.

But, seriously saying, one did find a lot more special moments other than the hard hitting like spectacular catches, 2 good hattricks, some innovative shots, good death bowling and many more....
All these videos, you can watch on Pepsi IPL videos at StarSports.com

Then T20 cricket isnt cricket... Doesn't change the fact that top bowlers were been hammered by mediocre batsmen.

lion100lion

International Coach
Doesn't change the fact that top bowlers were been hammered by mediocre batsmen.
Cannot disagree with you on that point.
But you can take it in another way that, it's due to T20 that the batsmen have learnt how to smash just every ball.
Now, too much hitting can be reduced by making bowler suitable pitches.. :yes
(The matches that have score below 150 are due to this pitch factor)

grkrama

National Board President
top bowlers were been hammered by mediocre batsmen.

top bowlers have been hammered by every batsman, from gifted ABD to youngsters like saha, it just shows its a batsman's game and Top bowlers are yet to adopt to this format.

lion100lion

International Coach
Top bowlers are yet to adopt to this format.
All bowlers who have produced maximum yorkers (with variations) are successful in this format. This could tell you the reason of the success of Malinga and probably why Steyn has been hammered by batmen like Yusuf, A B De Villiers, Dhoni etc.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
top bowlers have been hammered by every batsman, from gifted ABD to youngsters like saha, it just shows its a batsman's game and Top bowlers are yet to adopt to this format.

In all honesty Saha is not any better a batsmen then I am. However top class bowlers being punished by him? That ruins the game for me...

----------

Cannot disagree with you on that point.
But you can take it in another way that, it's due to T20 that the batsmen have learnt how to smash just every ball.
Now, too much hitting can be reduced by making bowler suitable pitches.. :yes
(The matches that have score below 150 are due to this pitch factor)

Because smashing every ball is such a huge must in cricket...

And creating bowler friendly pitches does not help! If you cant see how one sided T20 cricket is then I suggest we stop this right now.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Doesn't change the fact that top bowlers were been hammered by mediocre batsmen.
That's the beauty of cricket, if top bowlers don't get hammered, how will they get even better? And you know the beauty of top bowlers getting hammered, young batsmen and AB.

lion100lion

International Coach
And creating bowler friendly pitches does not help! If you cant see how one sided T20 cricket is then I suggest we stop this right now.
You are not understanding. There have been a lot of matches which were the total had been less than 150.
Creating bowling friendly pitches allows bowlers to try a lot of variations because batting is not just blind hitting, but an art of timing and placement.

grkrama

National Board President
In all honesty Saha is not any better a batsmen then I am.
thats really under mining someone's performance, (i know you are being sarcastic, but credit were it is due, he played good on his days.]

However top class bowlers being punished by him? That ruins the game for me...

like i and lion100lion said they need to adopt to the format, they need to bowl what is suited for the format and the pitch.

I wouldnt go by names rather on what they bowl,im sure if steyn bowled for the format firing yorkers in and out , he will do well like he does so many times,but on the times he misses he is going get carted around, it just means he bowled mediocre that over.

T20 is a totally different ball game, it cant replace ODI or TESTS, but it has its own share of nuances and joys.

Users who are viewing this thread