IPL Rate IPL 7 out of 10

IPL Rate IPL 7 out of 10

• Total voters

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think this was the best season of IPL so far. 10/10 from me if compared to the previous seasons. The only downside were the various issues of the venue selections.

• Young Indians smashing international bowlers
  • No controversies (so far)
  • Close matches
  • Brilliant catches
  • Youngsters performing well
  • Veterans doing well
  • New talent like Maxwell, Smith, etc. unlike the same old Gayle and others
  • Indians getting Orange and Purple Cap
  • 3 Indians in Top 6 of Orange Cap list (Uthappa, Raina, Sehwag)
  • 5 Indians in Top 6 or Purple Cap list (Mohit Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jadeja, Sandeep Sharma, Akshar Patel)

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You are not understanding. There have been a lot of matches which were the total had been less than 150.
Creating bowling friendly pitches allows bowlers to try a lot of variations because batting is not just blind hitting, but an art of timing and placement.

Yeaaaa that cant be right... And instead of changing the whole field lets just bring back normal bats? That would result in 50% of the batsmen becoming crap and giving the bowlers a fair chance to do well and would give hope to players like me who cant afford 20+Kg bats...

grkrama

National Board President
tead of changing the whole field lets just bring back normal bats? That would result in 50% of the batsmen becoming crap and giving the bowlers a fair chance to do well and would give hope to players like me who cant afford 20+Kg bats...

The worse thing is i can even accept heavier bats like srt did, but these modern bats, are thicker and meatier without being heavy, that's were its getting unfair.
wielding heavy bats used to be a skill only few could do right.
Even players who wouldnt normally be able to wield heavy bats are now wielding and hitting with them, the edges are so thick that mishits fly off to boundary.

At the same time nothing is being done to give advantage to bowlers, probably make balls that are unevenly weighted or allow bowlers to scrub the ball once or something etc are make hard balls with the same material as bat so they have more impact etc.

Last edited:

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
thats really under mining someone's performance, (i know you are being sarcastic, but credit were it is due, he played good on his days.]

like i and lion100lion said they need to adopt to the format, they need to bowl what is suited for the format and the pitch.

I wouldnt go by names rather on what they bowl,im sure if steyn bowled for the format firing yorkers in and out , he will do well like he does so many times,but on the times he misses he is going get carted around, it just means he bowled mediocre that over.

T20 is a totally different ball game, it cant replace ODI or TESTS, but it has its own share of nuances and joys.

1. I wasnt being sarcastic... Saha is just an average batsmen who lacks the requirements to play proper cricket at international level
2. The only 'good' player ive seen emerge is Rahul who actually shows us what cricket is about. He has brilliant concentration and technique.
3. Please stop talking about yorkers as 9/10 batsmen will hit you for 6 if you bowl more then 2 in a row, not because they good but because they have OP bats.
4. Also what you are saying about bowlers having to get the bowl in the right place is true. You bowl a bad ball you get hit for a boundary thats how everyone gets coached, but why isn't there the same margin for error for batsmen? Many batsmen can mistime a ball and still get a boundary or at least a single, very seldom will they pay the full price

SWITCHHIT

Club Cricketer
Agree to you Markkk..... But You still need to think again for Saha.Look at his innings which he played yesterday.He scored a century but never played any strange shots like AB does.

grkrama

National Board President
Saha is just an average batsmen who lacks the requirements to play proper cricket at international level
He is already doing well in T20, about tests i cant say but he has a decent FC and he is not a pure batsman but a WK, so i would say he does ok.
Please stop talking about yorkers as 9/10 batsmen will hit you for 6 if you bowl more then 2 in a row
malinga says other wise, only guys i have seen who hit perfect yorkers for six are very less like ABD, MSD etc.

because they have OP bats.
4. Also what you are saying about bowlers having to get the bowl in the right place is true. You bowl a bad ball you get hit for a boundary thats how everyone gets coached, but why isn't there the same margin for error for batsmen? Many batsmen can mistime a ball and still get a boundary or at least a single, very seldom will they pay the full price

That's true its certainly a very unfair format to bowlers and like you said, bats must be regulated, also helpful pitches.

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Ahh the "I am a purist and T20 is not cricket" debate :P Some things we never get bored of

lion100lion

International Coach
3. Please stop talking about yorkers as 9/10 batsmen will hit you for 6 if you bowl more then 2 in a row, not because they good but because they have OP bats.
  1. With correct field placements, even a four on a yorker is difficult. So forget about six. (ABD and Dhoni are exceptions, bcz they are not mediocre batsmen)
    Also, these yorkers are not mere yorkers, but with variations in speed and line(wide yorkers). If you mix up these yorkers with other deliveries, take my word, the batsman will struggle.
    Isn't this the reason that why Malinga is so successful in this format ?
  2. The fourth point is justifed and you are right. As @grkrama said, bats must be regulated.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Thats not true about yorkers as I've seen Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, a bunch of the domestic IPL players and David Miller hit sixes off yorkers and that is just a few. Talking about Malinga his last three T20 figures are: 2/20 (against Sussex who had 0 top class batsmen), 1/30 (Economy of 8.14) and 2/35 (Economy of 8.75). Those figures don't suggest that he was unplayable? That's an overall economy rate of 7.28 which would be abnormally high 6 years ago... the highest wicket takers economy rates in the IPL were as follows: 8.39, 6.35, 6,65, 8.15, 8.81, majority being considerably high...

lion100lion

International Coach
Thats not true about yorkers as I've seen Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, a bunch of the domestic IPL players and David Miller hit sixes off yorkers and that is just a few. Talking about Malinga his last three T20 figures are: 2/20 (against Sussex who had 0 top class batsmen), 1/30 (Economy of 8.14) and 2/35 (Economy of 8.75). Those figures don't suggest that he was unplayable? That's an overall economy rate of 7.28 which would be abnormally high 6 years ago... the highest wicket takers economy rates in the IPL were as follows: 8.39, 6.35, 6,65, 8.15, 8.81, majority being considerably high...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread