Release Date-August 7 ( New Trailer, July 16 )

There was a Cricket 2005 demo, there wasn't an 07 demo but it was identical to 2005 so it wasn't really needed.

thats what I mean then, that 07 was a poor excuse for a new game and thats why no demo. Hopefully thats not the case here

maybe the reason they are not releasing info is because it is very similar to Brian lara 2007, I know that is not what the PC reviewers said but it would make sense. If they made a poor product no point in showing it until people have to buy it to find out for themselves. Would not be surprised if there is no demo at all like EA c05 (which also had no trailer)

I tihnk playtest has given me enough posetives to purchase this game and have a go. If i don't like it then i would have to return it back. I hope coddies/transmission won't let us down.

What about the multiple shots that go in totally different directions from the shots that are played? I'm not talking edges, I'm talking about the player playing on one side of the wicket and the ball going on the other. Am I seeing things? The animations do look extremely jerky. As another poster said on PC, it does look like AC09 is a step in the direction of EA's efforts. I actually quite enjoyed BLC07 after performing the necessary player ability tweaks. It had a certain fast, fluid motion to it and I have always played against human opponents so the AI wasnt an issue.

I just hope this game isn't clunky. That would take a lot of the joy out of it for me. How hard can it be to make a decent cricket game? I know there will be those who say "but the market's too small" but thats complete BS. Yes Piracy may reduce profits, but if the thing is reasonably priced, sheer sales volume should make up for that. And what is the marginal cost per copy of the game, like $1.00?

And what about this nightmare of a PR campaign. Release dates announced three weeks before actual release? Is it just me or shouldn't this be the point in time at which their advertising/PR department is working feverishly to make sure its out there, with product linkups to everything and as much airtime from all the stars they apparently have at their disposal. The website isn't even up, for crying out loud. What is this, an undercover promotional campaign? To quote Captain Haddock, Its #%^%***$$ %%^&&&.

Hello, by the way. I've been a wallflower on PC for some time. Checking these forums on a daily basis for some morsel of news has driven me absolutely insane (MaxDillon's obliviousness and everyone else's resultant peevishness has been fun to watch).

And then...Finally, information, hallelujah! Some banal comments from Pietersen and then I come across this video, which is extremely extremely disappointing. Even the promo statements are still just as bland and uninspiring. Nothing new at all but thank you to the droid who put together this video, for taking the valuable 30 mins it took him to do this.

I hope our PC playtesters and reviewers weren't somehow drugged into submission in the course of consuming Codemasters' soda and paninis.

Last edited:
I hope our PC playtesters and reviewers weren't somehow drugged in the course of consuming Codemasters' soda and paninis.

hahahahah :D

i think i will give this a go purely because there is no cricket game coming out in near future and other videos i.e. gamplay video from atari made me feel good about this game. also the playtest did sound really posetive hope they did not get drugged by codies ;)

Can't wait til this game releases.

Pre-ordered my copy for ps3 at Game today, and they had the cases on display adverising the game.

Bring it on!

I like it , the videos looks great , but why is a crap paper getting exclusives and not codemasters releasing more information and videos ,chances are that if and when codemasters go public with a video , we might have already seen it in that crap papers website :mad:

I like it , the videos looks great , but why is a crap paper getting exclusives and not codemasters releasing more information and videos ,chances are that if and when codemasters go public with a video , we might have already seen it in that crap papers website :mad:
Sounds a good marketing ploy to put stuff about the game in Britain's biggest selling daily newspaper.

Well that is what i don't understand. I am not disregarding The Sun newspaper, what i am saying is why codeis themselves are not marketing this game accordingly. codies website is still not updates and these are really worriyng signs. Codies still not have a Microsite for AC2009.

Sounds a good marketing ploy to put stuff about the game in Britain's biggest selling daily newspaper.

Not a fan of the sun (being from liverpool)
do most people who read it get past page 3 :D

I think there are some major reasons to be seriously worried about this game. The video is extremely disappointing, the bowling actions look dreadful, worse than Lara 07. You have to be suspicious when there is virtually no press about a new game coming out in what has already been a pretty interesting Ashes series. Some of the animations are lifted straight out of Lara 07, like the batsman being hit on the foot by a yorker. I want to be optimistic about the game, but a sense of foreboding prevails. Bit like watching England bat for real!

LOL .... 3 weeks to go then , you never know we might get a pc demo , i can not see a ps3 or xbox happening till the game is out :D

Well no one in liverpool is going to find out about the game if they keep this up.

Users who are viewing this thread