Resolutions 2010

Not for all. I resolved to lose weight this year, and I lost 35 lbs. :)

Wow, thats awesome. I want to lose a similar amount (maybe even more). What did you do? I am a vegetarian but still I find it so tough to lose weight. I start off some workout and do it for 2-3 days and then after that, I lose the determination to go with it and its back to square one.

My resolution: Stop dating only smoking hot girls, fat chicks need love too

I actually do need to gain weight. I eat heaps and I'm still 50-55 kg, and 179cm tall....

Wow, thats awesome. I want to lose a similar amount (maybe even more). What did you do? I am a vegetarian but still I find it so tough to lose weight. I start off some workout and do it for 2-3 days and then after that, I lose the determination to go with it and its back to square one.

Yeah biggest thing is you need to be persistent. There's no easy way of doing this, well maybe there is with the pills etc., but I wouldn't recommend that. Basically I started by cutting out all the junk food/sodas/gatorade from my diet, eating low salt foods (they make you retain water), eating a lot more fiber, staying active (I played cricket and basketball all summer long). Doing all this will definitely help, but there will come a point when your weight WILL plateau and you won't lose anymore no matter how hard you try. This is when you need to make sure that your output>input. Its the toughest stage after getting started for me. But trust me, when you do lose all this weight, you'll keep it off because by this time all these things will have become a habit for you. You can try little tricks to increase your metabolism, that always helps. I drink 4-5 energy drinks a week, and its really not that bad for you as long as you're willing to really sweat it out. Oh and drink lots and lots of water when you're hungry but shouldn't be eating.

:)

but there will come a point when your weight WILL plateau and you won't lose anymore no matter how hard you try

This.

I lost about 80lbs in a year, (it's so easy to lose weight when you are big - 23 stone I believe at my biggest) and my weight hasn't changed in about 3 years. It may go up a few pounds, but I can lose them in a few days.

Cut back on swearing, stop being a bit of a twat and keep doing well in school.

Users who are viewing this thread