Retirements Thread - Virat, Rohit and Jadeja T20Is

First Zak and now Viru. Whats going on?

CRwDhGiXAAA24gx.jpg

CRwDhHAWUAAmiPO.jpg Source:Twitter

Similarly victimized like Zaheer Khan by the Indian Admin and fans alike.

Sehwag is easily the most attacking batsman weve witnessed since Viv. Possibly the best ever opening batsman to ever play the game, certainly the best Indian.

Should have been given the opportunity to play more tests. One of the alltime greats on and off the field.

^And well known for his scoring boundry to open his account of scoring runs in every match.

Virender Sehwag

Plays Test as ODI
Plays ODI as T20
Plays T20 as EA Cricket :p

He deserves to play his last Game for India before he Retires :(

Virender Sehwag

Plays Test as ODI
Plays ODI as T20
Plays T20 as EA Cricket :p

He deserves to play his last Game for India before he Retires :(
He has already retired.

Well Veeru has been practically retired for a while now, but still good that he has put the seal on it. He was played some of the most unforgettable knocks ever played on the cricket field. I think its fair to say that for ten years till 2011 (post that period he lost it), while he had it, he was the 2nd greatest test opener produced by India by some distance, and perhaps even the second greatest the Sub-continent as ever had.

Well Veeru has been practically retired for a while now, but still good that he has put the seal on it. He was played some of the most unforgettable knocks ever played on the cricket field. I think its fair to say that for ten years till 2011 (post that period he lost it), while he had it, he was the 2nd greatest test opener produced by India by some distance, and perhaps even the second greatest the Sub-continent as ever had.

Nah Pakistani triio, Haniff Mohammad, Saeed Anwar and Majid Khan were the next two best SC openers after Gavaskar.

Was past his prime but during his peak, was a beastly player that could destroy any player on his day. I saw him as the most dangerous player in the Indian side who could unpredictably strike on any game.

I see, he's aiming for Masters Champions League in the UAE next year, well good luck to him with his future endeavors.

So he will continue to play domestic cricket for Haryana? I don't understand why he's retiring from IPL then. Lots of money, and very little time commitment.

Nah Pakistani triio, Haniff Mohammad, Saeed Anwar and Majid Khan were the next two best SC openers after Gavaskar.

Well again while you are entitled differ, but I dont think any of those three come close to matching Sehwag's average of 49 as an Opener. For a Sub-continent opener to avg nearly 50 (after atleast 5 years of cricket), apart from Gavaskar no one has that.

No more reaching the ton's with a six... [HASHTAG]#farewellviru[/HASHTAG]

Users who are viewing this thread