Review of Brian Lara Demo

sripree

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have playing BLC 99 all this time and I just finished playing the Brian Lara 05 Demo and here are my views and wishes.

Pros
1) Graphics are excellent.
2) Storkes are nice to watch
3) Catching and fielding are nice

Cons
1) Hard to take wickes while bowling.
2) No custom replay angles
3) Six shots seems funny. The ball hits the top of the bat yet the fly for six.

I played two matches
first match AUS (me) 76/3 vs WI 27/2
What I did was play straight ie only off/on drives to take as many singles in the first 4 overs. then I used the slog key to hit a lot of sixes in the last two overs.

While bowling I set the field to Defensive (variant 8) and then cutoff all the boundries. Though the CPU scored some sixes mostly they were scoring only in singles.

Also the way to take wicket with this field is to bowl outside off and swing it in. the CPU plays in the air to third man and you can take the catch.

Second match AUS (me) 39/5 vs ENG 33/1
I got the only wicket of solanki bowled by mcgrath via a inside edge. though CPU offered two catches (off my idea above) I dropped them both.

What I miss
1) No Auto Fielding (who has the time to press 2 when catching)
2) No Charge down the wicket.
3) Custom fielding (though we have custom fielding, we can only move it to a available spot)

Overall a good game I would definietly buy the Real version. I just ordered a new Dell XPS Gen 2 laptop to play this game at home.

Last edited:

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sripree, you are getting a real cool laptop and going to have lot of fun. If you like the demo version then you will certainly enjoy the full version. Demo is quite limited as it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread