Round 5: Chennai Champions v Manchester Divided @ Neutral (17.11.2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hope I don't fail this match. I think I might need to 'borrow' that stuf you had Zorax:spy

harrisb

International Coach
com'on MD, when is the first innings going to be posted, i enjoy logging on and reading about MD's demolishing of the other teams.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Few changes:

1. Ranji
2. Aravinda De Silva
3. Cricketman
4. Howsie
5. Naresh (wk)
6. Skriller
7. Adyhorn
8. Pal
9. Abdul Qadir
10. Gilly Fan
11. Gopkrishnan

Let's gooooooooooo.

Who's Ranji?

Last edited:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
CHENNAI CHAMPIONS VS MANCHESTER DIVIDED

Date: 17/11/09; Venue: Neutral;​

-------------------------------

Pitch type: Slow​

MANCHESTER DIVIDED WON THE TOSS AND ELECTED TO BAT FIRST​

Pitch report said:
The pitch is playing very slow here. The rains haven't done in yet, with little showers too often causing trouble. The batsmen will need to pray in to post a good total, because this is a dream pitch for bowlers but a nightmare for the ones who face them. Manchester Divided have won the toss, and elected to bat first, which is a shocking decision but bets can't be placed on yet, the match will head into a clash between two evenly built teams, and the better one today will go home grinning. To the commentary box

0.1 Pal to Covvy, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
0.2 Pal to KBC, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
0.3 Pal to Covvy, Full delivery outside off-stump, the batsman clears his left leg and swings, and inside edges the ball into his off-stump! Well, that's what you get for trying to slog across the line! I hope he's learnt his lesson.

Covvy b Pal
Runs : 1 Balls : 2 S/R : 50

(0)

0.4 Pal to Zorax Doom, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
0.5 Pal to KBC, That was travelling like a rocket, but somehow the fielder has managed to hold on! Nice catch.

KBC c & b Pal
Runs : 1 Balls : 2 S/R : 50

(0)

0.6 Pal to Viv Richards, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)

End of over 1
Manchester Divided 4/2 (RR : 4)
Zorax Doom 1 (1b)
Viv Richards 1 (1b)
Pal 1-0-4-2

1.1 Gopkrishnan to Viv Richards, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
1.2 Gopkrishnan to Viv Richards, Very well bowled. (0)
1.3 Gopkrishnan to Viv Richards, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
1.4 Gopkrishnan to Viv Richards, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
1.5 Gopkrishnan to Viv Richards, , No Ball. Out a no ball! (0)
1.5 Gopkrishnan to Viv Richards, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? YES HE DOES! Out!!!

Viv Richards c Chris Bosnich b Gopkrishnan
Runs : 3 Balls : 7 S/R : 42.86

(0)

1.6 Gopkrishnan to Amiya, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)

End of over 2
Manchester Divided 8/3 (RR : 4)
Zorax Doom 1 (1b)
Amiya 1 (1b)
Gopkrishnan 1-0-4-1

2.1 Pal to Amiya, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
2.2 Pal to Amiya, , Leg Byes, another 2 run(s) (2)
2.3 Pal to Zorax Doom, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
2.4 Pal to Amiya, Easy single. (1)
2.5 Pal to Zorax Doom, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
2.6 Pal to Zorax Doom, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)

End of over 3
Manchester Divided 15/3 (RR : 5)
Amiya 4 (3b)
Zorax Doom 3 (4b)
Pal 2-0-9-2

3.1 Gopkrishnan to Zorax Doom, , No Ball. AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
3.1 Gopkrishnan to Zorax Doom, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
3.2 Gopkrishnan to Zorax Doom, He's absolutely NAILED that one, but the man in the deep makes a fantastic save, pushing the ball back in just in time! His teammate picks up the ball and hurls it in and they save a run, good teamwork. (3)
3.3 Gopkrishnan to Amiya, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
3.4 Gopkrishnan to Amiya, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
3.5 Gopkrishnan to Amiya, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
3.6 Gopkrishnan to Amiya, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)

End of over 4
Manchester Divided 24/3 (RR : 6)
Zorax Doom 8 (7b)
Amiya 7 (7b)
Gopkrishnan 2-0-13-1

4.1 Pal to Amiya, Fantastic catch! Brilliant one handed effort! Even the batsman has to applaud that one!

Amiya c Ranjitsinhji b Pal
Runs : 7 Balls : 8 S/R : 87.5

(0)

4.2 Pal to 07harrisb, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
4.3 Pal to 07harrisb, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
4.4 Pal to 07harrisb, Brilliant slower ball, the batsman swung at it twice and still missed! Clean bowled!

07harrisb b Pal
Runs : 4 Balls : 3 S/R : 133.3

(0)

4.5 Pal to Don Tallon, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
4.6 Pal to Don Tallon, They're running hard, excellent throw, and he's out!

Don Tallon run out Gopkrishnan
Runs : 0 Balls : 2 S/R : 0

(0)

End of over 5
Manchester Divided 28/6 (RR : 5.6)
The Spin 0 (0b)
Zorax Doom 8 (7b)
Pal 3-0-13-4

5.1 Gopkrishnan to Zorax Doom, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
5.2 Gopkrishnan to Zorax Doom, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
5.3 Gopkrishnan to The Spin, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
5.4 Gopkrishnan to Zorax Doom, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only two. (2)
5.5 Gopkrishnan to Zorax Doom, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
5.6 Gopkrishnan to Zorax Doom, , Wide, one run (1)
5.6 Gopkrishnan to Zorax Doom, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)

End of over 6
Manchester Divided 41/6 (RR : 6.83)
Zorax Doom 19 (12b)
The Spin 1 (1b)
Gopkrishnan 3-0-26-1

6.1 Abdul Qadir to The Spin, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
6.2 Abdul Qadir to The Spin, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
6.3 Abdul Qadir to The Spin, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
6.4 Abdul Qadir to The Spin, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
6.5 Abdul Qadir to Zorax Doom, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
6.6 Abdul Qadir to Zorax Doom, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)

End of over 7
Manchester Divided 42/6 (RR : 6)
Zorax Doom 19 (14b)
The Spin 2 (5b)
Abdul Qadir 1-0-1-0

7.1 Gillyfan to The Spin, , No Ball. Short ball, pulled away for four! (4)
7.1 Gillyfan to The Spin, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
7.2 Gillyfan to The Spin, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
7.3 Gillyfan to The Spin, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
7.4 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
7.5 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
7.6 Gillyfan to The Spin, They run the first hard, they come for two, the fielder has the ball, they call for the third...will they get there!?! The throw is in, it's wide, the batsman dives...and he's in! Excellent running, and poor fielding! (3)

End of over 8
Manchester Divided 60/6 (RR : 7.5)
Zorax Doom 22 (16b)
The Spin 16 (10b)
Gillyfan 1-0-18-0

8.1 Adyhorn to The Spin, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
8.2 Adyhorn to Zorax Doom, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
8.3 Adyhorn to The Spin, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
8.4 Adyhorn to Zorax Doom, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
8.5 Adyhorn to Zorax Doom, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
8.6 Adyhorn to Zorax Doom, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)

End of over 9
Manchester Divided 69/6 (RR : 7.67)
Zorax Doom 29 (20b)
The Spin 18 (12b)
Adyhorn 1-0-9-0

9.1 Gillyfan to The Spin, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
9.2 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
9.3 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)
9.4 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)
9.5 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
9.6 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)

End of over 10
Manchester Divided 80/6 (RR : 8)
Zorax Doom 39 (25b)
The Spin 19 (13b)
Gillyfan 2-0-29-0

10.1 Adyhorn to The Spin, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
10.2 Adyhorn to The Spin, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
10.3 Adyhorn to The Spin, He didn't middle that, but there is enough power on it to get the batsmen three. (3)
10.4 Adyhorn to Zorax Doom, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
10.5 Adyhorn to Zorax Doom, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
10.6 Adyhorn to The Spin, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)

End of over 11
Manchester Divided 90/6 (RR : 8.18)
The Spin 26 (17b)
Zorax Doom 42 (27b)
Adyhorn 2-0-19-0

11.1 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
11.2 Gillyfan to The Spin, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
11.3 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
11.4 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
11.5 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
11.6 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, , No Ball. Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
11.6 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)

End of over 12
Manchester Divided 102/6 (RR : 8.5)
The Spin 27 (18b)
Zorax Doom 52 (33b)
Gillyfan 3-0-41-0

12.1 Abdul Qadir to Zorax Doom, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
12.2 Abdul Qadir to Zorax Doom, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
12.3 Abdul Qadir to The Spin, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
12.4 Abdul Qadir to The Spin, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
12.5 Abdul Qadir to The Spin, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
12.6 Abdul Qadir to The Spin, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)

End of over 13
Manchester Divided 105/6 (RR : 8.08)
The Spin 27 (22b)
Zorax Doom 55 (35b)
Abdul Qadir 2-0-4-0

13.1 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)
13.2 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
13.3 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
13.4 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
13.5 Gillyfan to Zorax Doom, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
13.6 Gillyfan to The Spin, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)

End of over 14
Manchester Divided 110/6 (RR : 7.86)
The Spin 27 (23b)
Zorax Doom 60 (40b)
Gillyfan 4-0-46-0

14.1 Adyhorn to Zorax Doom, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
14.2 Adyhorn to Zorax Doom, Easy single. (1)
14.3 Adyhorn to The Spin, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
14.4 Adyhorn to The Spin, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
14.5 Adyhorn to The Spin, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
14.6 Adyhorn to Zorax Doom, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)

End of over 15
Manchester Divided 118/6 (RR : 7.87)
Zorax Doom 67 (43b)
The Spin 28 (26b)
Adyhorn 3-0-27-0

15.1 Aravinda de Silva to The Spin, That's a single. (1)
15.2 Aravinda de Silva to Zorax Doom, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
15.3 Aravinda de Silva to Zorax Doom, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
15.4 Aravinda de Silva to Zorax Doom, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
15.5 Aravinda de Silva to Zorax Doom, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
15.6 Aravinda de Silva to Zorax Doom, Short, wide, you know the drill. 4 runs. (4)

End of over 16
Manchester Divided 127/6 (RR : 7.94)
Zorax Doom 75 (48b)
The Spin 29 (27b)
Aravinda de Silva 1-0-9-0

16.1 Abdul Qadir to The Spin, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
16.2 Abdul Qadir to Zorax Doom, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
16.3 Abdul Qadir to Zorax Doom, Fantastic slower ball, the batsman swings twice and still misses it, and is caught plumb in front!

Zorax Doom lbw Abdul Qadir
Runs : 75 Balls : 50 S/R : 150

(0)

16.4 Abdul Qadir to Sydney Barnes, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
16.5 Abdul Qadir to Sydney Barnes, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
16.6 Abdul Qadir to Sydney Barnes, Full and on the toes, the batsman tries to flick it away but misses completely! Leg stump is out of the ground, back to the nets for him!

Sydney Barnes b Abdul Qadir
Runs : 4 Balls : 3 S/R : 133.3

(0)

End of over 17
Manchester Divided 132/8 (RR : 7.76)
Dr. Pepper 0 (0b)
The Spin 30 (28b)
Abdul Qadir 3-0-9-2

17.1 Adyhorn to The Spin, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
17.2 Adyhorn to Dr. Pepper, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
17.3 Adyhorn to Dr. Pepper, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
17.4 Adyhorn to Dr. Pepper, Very well bowled. (0)
17.5 Adyhorn to Dr. Pepper, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
17.6 Adyhorn to The Spin, Oh, needless wicket there. Charged down the wicket, swung wildly, didn't even get close and it's an easy wicket. The bowler is loving it.

The Spin st Naresh091 b Adyhorn
Runs : 31 Balls : 30 S/R : 103.3

(0)

End of over 18
Manchester Divided 134/9 (RR : 7.44)
Arslaan Khalid 0 (0b)
Dr. Pepper 1 (4b)
Adyhorn 4-0-29-1

18.1 Pal to Dr. Pepper, There's a mix up with the batsman, and he's out!

Dr. Pepper run out Chris Bosnich
Runs : 1 Balls : 5 S/R : 20

(0)

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 134
Wickets : 10
Overs : 18.1

The second innings begins now

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Team owners to the rescue! Zorax hits the shots whilst I sure the other end up and keep things ticking. All in all I think that's a fair effort considering our start.

We could easily lose this still, but we could win it if the pitch plays this badly again. Only time will tell!

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Zorax does speak words of truth, only but of the truth....

I've not applied many bolds too often! :p

KBC

Panel of Selectors
THE SECOND INNINGS​

----------------------------

0.1 Dr. Pepper to Ranjitsinhji, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
0.2 Dr. Pepper to Ranjitsinhji, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
0.3 Dr. Pepper to Ranjitsinhji, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
0.4 Dr. Pepper to Ranjitsinhji, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
0.5 Dr. Pepper to Ranjitsinhji, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
0.6 Dr. Pepper to Ranjitsinhji, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)

End of over 1
Chennai Champions 7/0 (RR : 7) Required RR(6.68)
Aravinda de Silva 0 (0b)
Ranjitsinhji 7 (6b)
Dr. Pepper 1-0-7-0

1.1 Sydney Barnes to Ranjitsinhji, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)
1.2 Sydney Barnes to Ranjitsinhji, He's caught it, no he's dropped it, he's caught it, he's juggling it, and he's taken it! Finally, bet he had his heart in his mouth for a moment there!

Ranjitsinhji c Covvy b Sydney Barnes
Runs : 11 Balls : 8 S/R : 137.5

(0)

1.3 Sydney Barnes to Cricketman, Down the track and driven through midwicket. There is no fielder in the deep so Long On has to run around to field it, and so in the meanwhile the batsmen get three. Poor bowling but good placement. (3)
1.4 Sydney Barnes to Aravinda de Silva, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
1.5 Sydney Barnes to Aravinda de Silva, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
1.6 Sydney Barnes to Cricketman, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)

End of over 2
Chennai Champions 17/1 (RR : 8.5) Required RR(6.5)
Cricketman 3 (2b)
Aravinda de Silva 3 (2b)
Sydney Barnes 1-0-10-1

2.1 Dr. Pepper to Aravinda de Silva, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
2.2 Dr. Pepper to Cricketman, Easy single. (1)
2.3 Dr. Pepper to Aravinda de Silva, That was a very good delivery. (0)
2.4 Dr. Pepper to Aravinda de Silva, Brilliant ball, and a sharp catch. Nothing the batsman could do there!

Aravinda de Silva c & b Dr. Pepper
Runs : 4 Balls : 5 S/R : 80

(0)

2.5 Dr. Pepper to Howsie, It's in the air...the fielder comes under it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! The batsmen come back for a third run laughing while the humiliated fielder tosses the ball back in. (3)
2.6 Dr. Pepper to Cricketman, Good running, two runs. (2)

End of over 3
Chennai Champions 24/2 (RR : 8) Required RR(6.47)
Cricketman 6 (4b)
Howsie 3 (1b)
Dr. Pepper 2-0-14-1

3.1 Sydney Barnes to Howsie, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
3.2 Sydney Barnes to Howsie, EDGED AND TAKEN! Safe pair of hands there behind the stumps, he doesn't drop many of those!

Howsie c Don Tallon b Sydney Barnes
Runs : 5 Balls : 3 S/R : 166.7

(0)

3.3 Sydney Barnes to Naresh091, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
3.4 Sydney Barnes to Naresh091, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
3.5 Sydney Barnes to Cricketman, Very well bowled. (0)
3.6 Sydney Barnes to Cricketman, He's caught it, no he's dropped it, he's caught it, he's juggling it, and he's taken it! Finally, bet he had his heart in his mouth for a moment there!

Cricketman c KBC b Sydney Barnes
Runs : 6 Balls : 6 S/R : 100

(0)

End of over 4
Chennai Champions 29/4 (RR : 7.25) Required RR(6.56)
Chris Bosnich 0 (0b)
Naresh091 3 (2b)
Sydney Barnes 2-0-15-2

4.1 Dr. Pepper to Naresh091, They run the first hard, they come for two, the fielder has the ball, they call for the third...will they get there!?! The throw is in, it's wide, the batsman dives...and he's in! Excellent running, and poor fielding! (3)
4.2 Dr. Pepper to Chris Bosnich, He's absolutely NAILED that one, but the man in the deep makes a fantastic save, pushing the ball back in just in time! His teammate picks up the ball and hurls it in and they save a run, good teamwork. (3)
4.3 Dr. Pepper to Naresh091, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
4.4 Dr. Pepper to Naresh091, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
4.5 Dr. Pepper to Naresh091, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
4.6 Dr. Pepper to Naresh091, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)

End of over 5
Chennai Champions 41/4 (RR : 8.2) Required RR(6.2)
Naresh091 12 (7b)
Chris Bosnich 3 (1b)
Dr. Pepper 3-0-26-1

5.1 Sydney Barnes to Chris Bosnich, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
5.2 Sydney Barnes to Chris Bosnich, It's in the air...the fielder comes under it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! The batsmen come back for a third run laughing while the humiliated fielder tosses the ball back in. (3)
5.3 Sydney Barnes to Naresh091, Full, wide, the batsman slashes hard and edges it through the slips! Third man tidies up and the batsmen run three. The captain decides to move the man from short fine leg to the slips, he's looking for a wicket here. (3)
5.4 Sydney Barnes to Chris Bosnich, Slapped away through the offside for a glorious boundary! Lovely shot. The captain's fuming now and removes a man from third slip to cover that region. (4)
5.5 Sydney Barnes to Chris Bosnich, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
5.6 Sydney Barnes to Chris Bosnich, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)

End of over 6
Chennai Champions 51/4 (RR : 8.5) Required RR(5.93)
Chris Bosnich 10 (6b)
Naresh091 15 (8b)
Sydney Barnes 3-0-25-2

6.1 Arslaan Khalid to Naresh091, One, Two, Three more added to the total. Well run! (3)
6.2 Arslaan Khalid to Chris Bosnich, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
6.3 Arslaan Khalid to Naresh091, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
6.4 Arslaan Khalid to Chris Bosnich, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
6.5 Arslaan Khalid to Chris Bosnich, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
6.6 Arslaan Khalid to Chris Bosnich, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)

End of over 7
Chennai Champions 57/4 (RR : 8.14) Required RR(5.92)
Naresh091 19 (10b)
Chris Bosnich 12 (10b)
Arslaan Khalid 1-0-6-0

7.1 The Spin to Chris Bosnich, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
7.2 The Spin to Naresh091, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
7.3 The Spin to Chris Bosnich, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
7.4 The Spin to Chris Bosnich, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
7.5 The Spin to Chris Bosnich, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
7.6 The Spin to Naresh091, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 8
Chennai Champions 62/4 (RR : 7.75) Required RR(6)
Naresh091 20 (12b)
Chris Bosnich 16 (14b)
The Spin 1-0-5-0

8.1 Zorax Doom to Chris Bosnich, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
8.2 Zorax Doom to Naresh091, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
8.3 Zorax Doom to Naresh091, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
8.4 Zorax Doom to Naresh091, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
8.5 Zorax Doom to Naresh091, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
8.6 Zorax Doom to Naresh091, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)

End of over 9
Chennai Champions 67/4 (RR : 7.44) Required RR(6.09)
Naresh091 24 (17b)
Chris Bosnich 17 (15b)
Zorax Doom 1-0-5-0

9.1 07harrisb to Chris Bosnich, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)
9.2 07harrisb to Chris Bosnich, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
9.3 07harrisb to Chris Bosnich, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
9.4 07harrisb to Chris Bosnich, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
9.5 07harrisb to Chris Bosnich, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
9.6 07harrisb to Chris Bosnich, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)

End of over 10
Chennai Champions 77/4 (RR : 7.7) Required RR(5.7)
Chris Bosnich 27 (21b)
Naresh091 24 (17b)
07harrisb 1-0-10-0

10.1 Zorax Doom to Naresh091, That's a single. (1)
10.2 Zorax Doom to Chris Bosnich, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
10.3 Zorax Doom to Chris Bosnich, He didn't middle that, but there is enough power on it to get the batsmen three. (3)
10.4 Zorax Doom to Naresh091, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
10.5 Zorax Doom to Naresh091, Good running, two runs. (2)
10.6 Zorax Doom to Naresh091, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)

End of over 11
Chennai Champions 84/4 (RR : 7.64) Required RR(5.56)
Chris Bosnich 30 (23b)
Naresh091 28 (21b)
Zorax Doom 2-0-12-0

11.1 Arslaan Khalid to Naresh091, We've just recieved a letter here in the commentary box, from an fan who wants us to 'Shut the fuc..' oh dear, um, nevermind. Back to the cricket, and it seems the batsmen ran three! Well done. (3)
11.2 Arslaan Khalid to Chris Bosnich, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
11.3 Arslaan Khalid to Chris Bosnich, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)
11.4 Arslaan Khalid to Chris Bosnich, Easy single. (1)
11.5 Arslaan Khalid to Naresh091, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
11.6 Arslaan Khalid to Chris Bosnich, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)

End of over 12
Chennai Champions 93/4 (RR : 7.75) Required RR(5.13)
Chris Bosnich 35 (27b)
Naresh091 32 (23b)
Arslaan Khalid 2-0-15-0

12.1 Zorax Doom to Naresh091, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
12.2 Zorax Doom to Naresh091, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
12.3 Zorax Doom to Chris Bosnich, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
12.4 Zorax Doom to Naresh091, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
12.5 Zorax Doom to Chris Bosnich, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
12.6 Zorax Doom to Naresh091, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)

End of over 13
Chennai Champions 100/4 (RR : 7.69) Required RR(4.86)
Chris Bosnich 37 (29b)
Naresh091 37 (27b)
Zorax Doom 3-0-19-0

13.1 The Spin to Naresh091, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
13.2 The Spin to Chris Bosnich, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
13.3 The Spin to Naresh091, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
13.4 The Spin to Chris Bosnich, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
13.5 The Spin to Naresh091, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
13.6 The Spin to Naresh091, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)

End of over 14
Chennai Champions 104/4 (RR : 7.43) Required RR(5)
Naresh091 39 (31b)
Chris Bosnich 39 (31b)
The Spin 2-0-9-0

14.1 07harrisb to Chris Bosnich, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
14.2 07harrisb to Chris Bosnich, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
14.3 07harrisb to Chris Bosnich, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
14.4 07harrisb to Chris Bosnich, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)
14.5 07harrisb to Chris Bosnich, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
14.6 07harrisb to Chris Bosnich, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)

End of over 15
Chennai Champions 116/4 (RR : 7.73) Required RR(3.6)
Chris Bosnich 51 (37b)
Naresh091 39 (31b)
07harrisb 2-0-22-0

15.1 The Spin to Naresh091, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
15.2 The Spin to Chris Bosnich, Slog-sweep time! He completely misses it though, and is rapped on the pads. The bowler is appealing...and yup, he's got to go! Tough luck kid, maybe you'll get it next time!

Chris Bosnich lbw The Spin
Runs : 51 Balls : 38 S/R : 134.2

(0)

15.3 The Spin to Adyhorn, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
15.4 The Spin to Adyhorn, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
15.5 The Spin to Adyhorn, No shot offered. (0)
15.6 The Spin to Adyhorn, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)

End of over 16
Chennai Champions 117/5 (RR : 7.31) Required RR(4.25)
Adyhorn 0 (4b)
Naresh091 40 (32b)
The Spin 3-0-10-1

16.1 Arslaan Khalid to Naresh091, Gorgeous square drive, placed perfectly past point. There isn't a lot of power in the shot though, and third man cuts it off while the batsmen run hard for three. (3)
16.2 Arslaan Khalid to Adyhorn, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! The fielder dives to his right, and snaffles the catch! Gone!

Adyhorn c Sydney Barnes b Arslaan Khalid
Runs : 0 Balls : 5 S/R : 0

(0)

16.3 Arslaan Khalid to Pal, Reverse sweep, and he's missed completely! Boy that's humiliating!

Pal b Arslaan Khalid
Runs : 0 Balls : 1 S/R : 0

(0)

16.4 Arslaan Khalid to Abdul Qadir, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
16.5 Arslaan Khalid to Abdul Qadir, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
16.6 Arslaan Khalid to Abdul Qadir, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)

End of over 17
Chennai Champions 126/7 (RR : 7.41) Required RR(2.67)
Abdul Qadir 6 (3b)
Naresh091 43 (33b)
Arslaan Khalid 3-0-24-2

17.1 The Spin to Naresh091, He walks down the track, but does it too early, and the bowler fires the ball wide. The batsman tries to reach it but fails, and the keeper does the rest. Clever bowling.

Naresh091 st Amiya b The Spin
Runs : 43 Balls : 34 S/R : 126.5

(0)

17.2 The Spin to Gillyfan, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
17.3 The Spin to Abdul Qadir, Great bowling. Lures him forward, beats him in flight, and the keeper does the rest. Excellent cricket.

Abdul Qadir st Amiya b The Spin
Runs : 6 Balls : 4 S/R : 150

(0)

17.4 The Spin to Gopkrishnan, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
17.5 The Spin to Gillyfan, Driven beautifully into the gap. A sprawling effort in the deep keeps it down to three. (3)
17.6 The Spin to Gopkrishnan, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)

End of over 18
Chennai Champions 131/9 (RR : 7.28) Required RR(1.5)
Gopkrishnan 1 (2b)
Gillyfan 4 (2b)
The Spin 4-0-15-3

18.1 Sydney Barnes to Gillyfan, Very well bowled. (0)
18.2 Sydney Barnes to Gillyfan, He taps the ball away, calls for a quick singe, in comes the throw, and it's a direct hit! Out by miles! Fantastic fielding!

Gillyfan run out Dr. Pepper
Runs : 4 Balls : 4 S/R : 100

(0)

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 131
Wickets : 10
Overs : 18.2

Code:
Chennai Champions vs. Manchester Divided

Manchester Divided Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Covvy                                           b Pal    1    2   0   0     50
KBC                                         c & b Pal    1    2   0   0     50[B]
Zorax Doom                            lbw Abdul Qadir   75   50   9   0    150[/B]
Viv Richards            c Chris Bosnich b Gopkrishnan    3    7   0   0  42.86
Amiya                            c Ranjitsinhji b Pal    7    8   0   0   87.5
07harrisb                                       b Pal    4    3   1   0  133.3
Don Tallon                        run out Gopkrishnan    0    2   0   0      0
[B]The Spin                       st Naresh091 b Adyhorn   31   30   3   0  103.3[/B]
Sydney Barnes                           b Abdul Qadir    4    3   0   0  133.3
Dr. Pepper                      run out Chris Bosnich    1    5   0   0     20
Arslaan Khalid                                not out    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 134                       Overs: 18.1                    Run Rate: 7.444

Extras : 7    No Balls : 4       Wides : 1    Leg Byes : 2        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chennai Champions Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Aravinda de Silva                    1.0           0       9           0      9
Adyhorn                              4.0           0      29           1   7.25[B]
Pal                                  3.0           0      13           4   4.33[/B]
Abdul Qadir                          3.0           0       9           2      3
Gillyfan                             4.0           0      46           0   11.5
Gopkrishnan                          3.0           0      26           1   8.67

Total: 134                       Overs: 18.1                    Run Rate: 7.444

Extras : 7    No Balls : 4       Wides : 1    Leg Byes : 2        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chennai Champions Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Ranjitsinhji                  c Covvy b Sydney Barnes   11    8   1   0  137.5
Aravinda de Silva                    c & b Dr. Pepper    4    5   0   0     80
Cricketman                      c KBC b Sydney Barnes    6    6   0   0    100
Howsie                   c Don Tallon b Sydney Barnes    5    3   0   0  166.7[B]
Naresh091                         st Amiya b The Spin   43   34   2   0  126.5
Chris Bosnich                            lbw The Spin   51   38   5   0  134.2[/B]
Adyhorn              c Sydney Barnes b Arslaan Khalid    0    5   0   0      0
Pal                                  b Arslaan Khalid    0    1   0   0      0
Abdul Qadir                       st Amiya b The Spin    6    4   1   0    150
Gillyfan                           run out Dr. Pepper    4    4   0   0    100
Gopkrishnan                                   not out    1    2   0   0     50

Total: 131                       Overs: 18.2                    Run Rate: 7.278

Extras : 0    No Balls : 0       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Manchester Divided Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Zorax Doom                           3.0           0      19           0   6.33
07harrisb                            2.0           0      22           0     11
[B]The Spin                             4.0           0      15           3   3.75[/B][B]
Sydney Barnes                        3.2           0      25           2    7.5[/B]
Dr. Pepper                           3.0           0      26           1   8.67
[B]Arslaan Khalid                       3.0           0      24           2      8[/B]

Total: 131                       Overs: 18.2                    Run Rate: 7.278

Extras : 0    No Balls : 0       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

[B]
Chennai Champions vs. Manchester Divided

Manchester Divided - 134/10 in 18.1 overs. 
Chennai Champions - 131/10 in 18.2 overs. 

Manchester Divided wins the match by 3 runs[/B]

Man of the match: TheSpin - For a superb all-round performance scoring 31 runs and taking 3/15.​

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
That was too close for comfort, but you can thank me later guys!

I bothered bowling in this match :p

adyhorn

County Cricketer
So unlucky guys, last game we lost by 5 runs and now three runs. I bowled well but my batting was woeful, 0(5) and 1-29(4).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread