Round 5: Toronto Tanks v Beijing Blitzers @ Neutral(17.11.2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shalin_hitter

Club Cricketer
Welcome everyone to the first innings between Toronto Tanks and Beijing Blitzers for round 5 of PCPL III
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are now coming live directly from the stadium where Beijing Blitzers have won the toss and have chosen to bat first on a very hard wicket.
The first innings begins now.
0.1 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Excellent bowling, catches the batsman off-guard with a vicious bouncer! The batsman top edges it high in the air, and the catch is taken!

Romesh Kaluwithrana c mattfb b Imran Khan
Runs : 0 Balls : 1 S/R : 0

(0)
0.2 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
0.3 Imran Khan to Funknath, It's in the air...the fielder comes under it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! The batsmen come back for a third run laughing while the humiliated fielder tosses the ball back in. (3)
0.4 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, Wide full toss, the batsman slashes at it and gets four more through point! Poor bowling. (4)
0.5 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
0.6 Imran Khan to Funknath, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)

End of over 1
Beijing Blitzers 10/1 (RR : 10)
Shalin Hitter 6 (3b)
Funknath 4 (2b)
Imran Khan 1-0-10-1

1.1 Ian Botham to Funknath, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
1.2 Ian Botham to Funknath, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
1.3 Ian Botham to Funknath, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
1.4 Ian Botham to Funknath, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
1.5 Ian Botham to Shalin Hitter, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
1.6 Ian Botham to Funknath, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)

End of over 2
Beijing Blitzers 14/1 (RR : 7)
Funknath 7 (7b)
Shalin Hitter 7 (4b)
Ian Botham 1-0-4-0

2.1 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
2.2 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)
2.3 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
2.4 Imran Khan to Funknath, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
2.5 Imran Khan to Funknath, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! And to add insult to injury, the ball rolls away for four runs. The bowler is fuming! (4)
2.6 Imran Khan to Funknath, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)

End of over 3
Beijing Blitzers 26/1 (RR : 8.67)
Shalin Hitter 12 (7b)
Funknath 14 (10b)
Imran Khan 2-0-22-1

3.1 Ian Botham to Funknath, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
3.2 Ian Botham to Funknath, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
3.3 Ian Botham to Funknath, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
3.4 Ian Botham to Funknath, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
3.5 Ian Botham to Shalin Hitter, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
3.6 Ian Botham to Shalin Hitter, , Wide, one run (1)
3.6 Ian Botham to Shalin Hitter, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)

End of over 4
Beijing Blitzers 32/1 (RR : 8)
Shalin Hitter 14 (9b)
Funknath 17 (14b)
Ian Botham 2-0-10-0

4.1 Imran Khan to Funknath, The batsman drops the ball at his feet and sets off for a quick single, but the bowler pounces on it, turns around, and knocks the stumps down in one quick effort to send him packing! Brilliant effort.

Funknath run out Imran Khan
Runs : 17 Balls : 15 S/R : 113.3

(0)
4.2 Imran Khan to Pranav Pathak, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
4.3 Imran Khan to Pranav Pathak, That's plumber than the man who fixes my kitchen sink! Out!

Pranav Pathak lbw Imran Khan
Runs : 2 Balls : 2 S/R : 100

(0)
4.4 Imran Khan to Giggity Giggity, That was travelling like a rocket, but somehow the fielder has managed to hold on! Nice catch.

Giggity Giggity c Ian Botham b Imran Khan

(0)
4.5 Imran Khan to Binnu, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
4.6 Imran Khan to Binnu, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)

End of over 5
Beijing Blitzers 38/4 (RR : 7.6)
Binnu 4 (2b)
Shalin Hitter 14 (9b)
Imran Khan 3-0-28-3

5.1 Ian Botham to Shalin Hitter, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
5.2 Ian Botham to Binnu, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
5.3 Ian Botham to Binnu, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
5.4 Ian Botham to Binnu, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
5.5 Ian Botham to Binnu, Slapped away through the offside for a glorious boundary! Lovely shot. The captain's fuming now and removes a man from third slip to cover that region. (4)
5.6 Ian Botham to Binnu, Driven beautifully into the gap. A sprawling effort in the deep keeps it down to three. (3)

End of over 6
Beijing Blitzers 48/4 (RR : 8)
Shalin Hitter 15 (10b)
Binnu 13 (7b)
Ian Botham 3-0-20-0

6.1 WestIndian to Binnu, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
6.2 WestIndian to Binnu, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
6.3 WestIndian to Binnu, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
6.4 WestIndian to Shalin Hitter, No shot offered. (0)
6.5 WestIndian to Shalin Hitter, One more to the total. (1)
6.6 WestIndian to Binnu, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)

End of over 7
Beijing Blitzers 56/4 (RR : 8)
Binnu 20 (11b)
Shalin Hitter 16 (12b)
WestIndian 1-0-8-0

7.1 Wolf to Shalin Hitter, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
7.2 Wolf to Binnu, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)
7.3 Wolf to Binnu, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
7.4 Wolf to Binnu, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
7.5 Wolf to Binnu, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
7.6 Wolf to Shalin Hitter, It's fancy dress competition time, and the winner is the lady dressed as a man who's dressed as a sheep! Well done Sir, uh I mean Ma'am, no Sir, no...ah forget it. In the meanwhile, the batsmen run three! Good running. (3)

End of over 8
Beijing Blitzers 67/4 (RR : 8.38)
Binnu 27 (15b)
Shalin Hitter 20 (14b)
Wolf 1-0-11-0

8.1 Ayub 95 to Shalin Hitter, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
8.2 Ayub 95 to Shalin Hitter, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
8.3 Ayub 95 to Binnu, Slapped away through the offside for a glorious boundary! Lovely shot. The captain's fuming now and removes a man from third slip to cover that region. (4)
8.4 Ayub 95 to Binnu, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
8.5 Ayub 95 to Binnu, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
8.6 Ayub 95 to Binnu, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)

End of over 9
Beijing Blitzers 76/4 (RR : 8.44)
Binnu 35 (19b)
Shalin Hitter 21 (16b)
Ayub 95 1-0-9-0

9.1 Brendon Hedger to Shalin Hitter, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
9.2 Brendon Hedger to Binnu, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
9.3 Brendon Hedger to Binnu, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
9.4 Brendon Hedger to Shalin Hitter, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
9.5 Brendon Hedger to Binnu, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
9.6 Brendon Hedger to Binnu, No shot offered. (0)

End of over 10
Beijing Blitzers 83/4 (RR : 8.3)
Binnu 40 (23b)
Shalin Hitter 23 (18b)
Brendon Hedger 1-0-7-0

10.1 Wolf to Shalin Hitter, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
10.2 Wolf to Binnu, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
10.3 Wolf to Binnu, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
10.4 Wolf to Binnu, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
10.5 Wolf to Binnu, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
10.6 Wolf to Shalin Hitter, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)

End of over 11
Beijing Blitzers 87/4 (RR : 7.91)
Shalin Hitter 24 (20b)
Binnu 43 (27b)
Wolf 2-0-15-0

11.1 WestIndian to Binnu, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
11.2 WestIndian to Binnu, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
11.3 WestIndian to Binnu, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
11.4 WestIndian to Shalin Hitter, The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)
11.5 WestIndian to Shalin Hitter, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
11.6 WestIndian to Shalin Hitter, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)

End of over 12
Beijing Blitzers 97/4 (RR : 8.08)
Binnu 48 (30b)
Shalin Hitter 29 (23b)
WestIndian 2-0-18-0

12.1 Wolf to Shalin Hitter, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)
12.2 Wolf to Shalin Hitter, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
12.3 Wolf to Shalin Hitter, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
12.4 Wolf to Shalin Hitter, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
12.5 Wolf to Shalin Hitter, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)
12.6 Wolf to Shalin Hitter, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)

End of over 13
Beijing Blitzers 105/4 (RR : 8.08)
Shalin Hitter 37 (29b)
Binnu 48 (30b)
Wolf 3-0-23-0

13.1 WestIndian to Binnu, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
13.2 WestIndian to Shalin Hitter, One more to the total. (1)
13.3 WestIndian to Binnu, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)
13.4 WestIndian to Binnu, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
13.5 WestIndian to Binnu, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
13.6 WestIndian to Binnu, Splendid shot for four! (4)

End of over 14
Beijing Blitzers 121/4 (RR : 8.64)
Binnu 63 (35b)
Shalin Hitter 38 (30b)
WestIndian 3-0-34-0

14.1 Brendon Hedger to Shalin Hitter, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
14.2 Brendon Hedger to Shalin Hitter, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
14.3 Brendon Hedger to Shalin Hitter, Very well bowled. (0)
14.4 Brendon Hedger to Shalin Hitter, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
14.5 Brendon Hedger to Shalin Hitter, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
14.6 Brendon Hedger to Shalin Hitter, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)

End of over 15
Beijing Blitzers 129/4 (RR : 8.6)
Shalin Hitter 46 (36b)
Binnu 63 (35b)
Brendon Hedger 2-0-15-0

15.1 Wolf to Binnu, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
15.2 Wolf to Shalin Hitter, The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)
15.3 Wolf to Shalin Hitter, That was a very good delivery. (0)
15.4 Wolf to Shalin Hitter, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
15.5 Wolf to Shalin Hitter, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
15.6 Wolf to Binnu, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)

End of over 16
Beijing Blitzers 135/4 (RR : 8.44)
Binnu 64 (37b)
Shalin Hitter 51 (40b)
Wolf 4-0-29-0

16.1 Brendon Hedger to Shalin Hitter, , Wide, one run (1)
16.1 Brendon Hedger to Shalin Hitter, One, Two, Three more added to the total. Well run! (3)
16.2 Brendon Hedger to Binnu, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
16.3 Brendon Hedger to Binnu, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
16.4 Brendon Hedger to Shalin Hitter, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
16.5 Brendon Hedger to Shalin Hitter, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
16.6 Brendon Hedger to Shalin Hitter, We've just recieved a letter here in the commentary box, from an fan who wants us to 'Shut the fuc..' oh dear, um, nevermind. Back to the cricket, and it seems the batsmen ran three! Well done. (3)

End of over 17
Beijing Blitzers 149/4 (RR : 8.76)
Binnu 69 (39b)
Shalin Hitter 59 (44b)
Brendon Hedger 3-0-29-0

17.1 Ayub 95 to Shalin Hitter, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
17.2 Ayub 95 to Shalin Hitter, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
17.3 Ayub 95 to Shalin Hitter, Hit straight to long on, and that's caught!

Shalin Hitter c Imran Khan b Ayub 95
Runs : 61 Balls : 47 S/R : 129.8

(0)
17.4 Ayub 95 to NightProwler10, Inside edge, and gone! Great bowling, and some loose batting.

NightProwler10 b Ayub 95

(0)
17.5 Ayub 95 to Ravi Shastri, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
17.6 Ayub 95 to Ravi Shastri, Splendid shot for four! (4)

End of over 18
Beijing Blitzers 159/6 (RR : 8.83)
Ravi Shastri 8 (2b)
Binnu 69 (39b)
Ayub 95 2-0-19-2

18.1 Ian Botham to Binnu, A mix up, throw, oh boy this is close. And the third umpire gives it!

Binnu run out mattfb
Runs : 69 Balls : 40 S/R : 172.5

(0)
18.2 Ian Botham to Bladescape, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
18.3 Ian Botham to Bladescape, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
18.4 Ian Botham to Bladescape, He comes on the front foot to drive it, and is beaten for bounce! But instead of checking his shot, he follows through with it and sends it sailing into the pavillion! 6 runs, excellent batting! (6)
18.5 Ian Botham to Bladescape, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
18.6 Ian Botham to Bladescape, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)

End of over 19
Beijing Blitzers 169/7 (RR : 8.89)
Bladescape 10 (5b)
Ravi Shastri 8 (2b)
Ian Botham 4-0-30-0

19.1 Imran Khan to Ravi Shastri, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
19.2 Imran Khan to Ravi Shastri, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only two. (2)
19.3 Imran Khan to Ravi Shastri, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
19.4 Imran Khan to Ravi Shastri, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
19.5 Imran Khan to Ravi Shastri, Bowler appeals, others follow, and got him!

Ravi Shastri lbw Imran Khan
Runs : 10 Balls : 7 S/R : 142.9

(0)
19.6 Imran Khan to Shantanu_Rooney, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)

End of over 20
Beijing Blitzers 173/8 (RR : 8.65)
Shantanu_Rooney 2 (1b)
Bladescape 10 (5b)
Imran Khan 4-0-32-4

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 173
Wickets : 8
Overs : 20.0

Beijing Blitzers have posted a reasonable total on a hard pitch after getting off to a very shaky start.Shalin and Binnu have had an excellent partnership to get to this total

Last edited:

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
hmmm..Our top order is really the weak point in our team. :facepalm Funky hasnt shown his best form from last season yet. Our top order needs to fire and fire quickly or else..:noway

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Not a fan of the centered writing or some of the HUGE writing, hopefully this is a chaseable total. We should be able to do it :)

shalin_hitter

Club Cricketer
We are back after a short commercial break where Toronto chase 179 from twenty overs
The second innings begins now
--------------------------------------------------------------------------​

0.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
0.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Bilal91, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
0.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, Top edge...and gone!

Holdenator c Ravi Shastri b Shantanu_Rooney
Runs : 1 Balls : 2 S/R : 50

(0)
0.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Insomniac, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
0.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Bilal91, Fantastic slower ball, the batsman swings twice and still misses it, and is caught plumb in front!

Bilal91 lbw Shantanu_Rooney
Runs : 1 Balls : 2 S/R : 50

(0)
0.6 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, That's a single. (1)

End of over 1
Toronto Tanks 4/2 (RR : 4) Required RR(8.89)
Insomniac 1 (1b)
mattfb 1 (1b)
Shantanu_Rooney 1-0-4-2

1.1 Surendar to mattfb, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
1.2 Surendar to mattfb, Short, wide, you know the drill. 4 runs. (4)
1.3 Surendar to mattfb, Fantastic catch! Brilliant one handed effort! Even the batsman has to applaud that one!

mattfb c & b Surendar
Runs : 7 Balls : 4 S/R : 175

(0)
1.4 Surendar to Ian Botham, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
1.5 Surendar to Ian Botham, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
1.6 Surendar to Ian Botham, That's out, no question about it. Excellent bowling.

Ian Botham lbw Surendar
Runs : 2 Balls : 3 S/R : 66.67

(0)

End of over 2
Toronto Tanks 12/4 (RR : 6) Required RR(8.94)
Imran Khan 0 (0b)
Insomniac 1 (1b)
Surendar 1-0-8-2

2.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Insomniac, Ahhh that's poor fielding. The batsman taps it away for a single, and the fielder fires in an over-eager throw well wide of the stumps. No one is backing up and some the batsmen run two more! The captain isn't happy! (3)
2.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, Driven beautifully into the gap. A sprawling effort in the deep keeps it down to three. (3)
2.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Insomniac, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
2.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Insomniac, That's gone high...really high...it's lost in the sky...will someone catch this? The fielders all come under it...someone has to take it...NOOOOOOO! It's been dropped! And the batsmen manage to come back for a third! (3)
2.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, Down the track and driven through midwicket. There is no fielder in the deep so Long On has to run around to field it, and so in the meanwhile the batsmen get three. Poor bowling but good placement. (3)
2.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Insomniac, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)

End of over 3
Toronto Tanks 24/4 (RR : 8) Required RR(8.76)
Insomniac 7 (5b)
Imran Khan 6 (2b)
Shantanu_Rooney 2-0-16-2

3.1 Surendar to Imran Khan, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
3.2 Surendar to Imran Khan, , No Ball. out a no ball! (0)
3.2 Surendar to Imran Khan, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
3.3 Surendar to Imran Khan, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
3.4 Surendar to Insomniac, He's skied it, too high, there's a fielder coming under it, takes it comfortably!

Insomniac c Binnu b Surendar
Runs : 7 Balls : 6 S/R : 116.7

(0)
3.5 Surendar to Hitterman, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
3.6 Surendar to Hitterman, Very well bowled. (0)

End of over 4
Toronto Tanks 28/5 (RR : 7) Required RR(9.06)
Hitterman 2 (2b)
Imran Khan 7 (6b)
Surendar 2-0-12-3

4.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
4.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, Bowler appeals, others follow, and got him!

Imran Khan lbw Shantanu_Rooney
Runs : 9 Balls : 8 S/R : 112.5

(0)
4.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Wolf, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
4.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Hitterman, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
4.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Wolf, Full, wide, the batsman slashes hard and edges it through the slips! Third man tidies up and the batsmen run three. The captain decides to move the man from short fine leg to the slips, he's looking for a wicket here. (3)
4.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Hitterman, That six has cleared the car park! (6)

End of over 5
Toronto Tanks 41/6 (RR : 8.2) Required RR(8.8)
Hitterman 9 (4b)
Wolf 4 (2b)
Shantanu_Rooney 3-0-29-3

5.1 Surendar to Wolf, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
5.2 Surendar to Hitterman, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
5.3 Surendar to Hitterman, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
5.4 Surendar to Hitterman, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
5.5 Surendar to Hitterman, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
5.6 Surendar to Wolf, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)

End of over 6
Toronto Tanks 49/6 (RR : 8.17) Required RR(8.86)
Wolf 5 (4b)
Hitterman 16 (8b)
Surendar 3-0-20-3

6.1 Giggity Giggity to Hitterman, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
6.2 Giggity Giggity to Hitterman, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
6.3 Giggity Giggity to Hitterman, , No Ball. And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
6.3 Giggity Giggity to Hitterman, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
6.4 Giggity Giggity to Wolf, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
6.5 Giggity Giggity to Wolf, That's a single. (1)
6.6 Giggity Giggity to Hitterman, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)

End of over 7
Toronto Tanks 64/6 (RR : 9.14) Required RR(8.38)
Hitterman 27 (13b)
Wolf 8 (6b)
Giggity Giggity 1-0-15-0

7.1 Ravi Shastri to Wolf, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
7.2 Ravi Shastri to Wolf, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
7.3 Ravi Shastri to Wolf, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
7.4 Ravi Shastri to Wolf, That was a very good delivery. (0)
7.5 Ravi Shastri to Wolf, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
7.6 Ravi Shastri to Wolf, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)

End of over 8
Toronto Tanks 69/6 (RR : 8.63) Required RR(8.67)
Hitterman 27 (13b)
Wolf 13 (12b)
Ravi Shastri 1-0-5-0

8.1 NightProwler10 to Wolf, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
8.2 NightProwler10 to Hitterman, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
8.3 NightProwler10 to Hitterman, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
8.4 NightProwler10 to Wolf, Slapped away through the offside for a glorious boundary! Lovely shot. The captain's fuming now and removes a man from third slip to cover that region. (4)
8.5 NightProwler10 to Wolf, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
8.6 NightProwler10 to Wolf, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)

End of over 9
Toronto Tanks 75/6 (RR : 8.33) Required RR(8.91)
Wolf 18 (16b)
Hitterman 28 (15b)
NightProwler10 1-0-6-0

9.1 Bladescape to Hitterman, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
9.2 Bladescape to Hitterman, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
9.3 Bladescape to Hitterman, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
9.4 Bladescape to Hitterman, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
9.5 Bladescape to Hitterman, Wide full toss, the batsman slashes at it and gets four more through point! Poor bowling. (4)
9.6 Bladescape to Hitterman, No shot offered. (0)

End of over 10
Toronto Tanks 81/6 (RR : 8.1) Required RR(9.2)
Hitterman 34 (21b)
Wolf 18 (16b)
Bladescape 1-0-6-0

10.1 Giggity Giggity to Wolf, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
10.2 Giggity Giggity to Wolf, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
10.3 Giggity Giggity to Wolf, Very well bowled. (0)
10.4 Giggity Giggity to Wolf, Easy single. (1)
10.5 Giggity Giggity to Hitterman, That's a single. (1)
10.6 Giggity Giggity to Wolf, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)

End of over 11
Toronto Tanks 89/6 (RR : 8.09) Required RR(9.33)
Wolf 25 (21b)
Hitterman 35 (22b)
Giggity Giggity 2-0-23-0

11.1 NightProwler10 to Hitterman, No shot offered. (0)
11.2 NightProwler10 to Hitterman, Driven beautifully into the gap. A sprawling effort in the deep keeps it down to three. (3)
11.3 NightProwler10 to Wolf, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
11.4 NightProwler10 to Wolf, One, Two, Three more added to the total. Well run! (3)
11.5 NightProwler10 to Hitterman, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
11.6 NightProwler10 to Wolf, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)

End of over 12
Toronto Tanks 97/6 (RR : 8.08) Required RR(9.5)
Hitterman 39 (25b)
Wolf 29 (24b)
NightProwler10 2-0-14-0

12.1 Ravi Shastri to Wolf, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
12.2 Ravi Shastri to Wolf, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
12.3 Ravi Shastri to Wolf, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
12.4 Ravi Shastri to Wolf, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)
12.5 Ravi Shastri to Wolf, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
12.6 Ravi Shastri to Wolf, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)

End of over 13
Toronto Tanks 113/6 (RR : 8.69) Required RR(8.57)
Wolf 45 (30b)
Hitterman 39 (25b)
Ravi Shastri 2-0-21-0

13.1 Giggity Giggity to Hitterman, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
13.2 Giggity Giggity to Hitterman, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)
13.3 Giggity Giggity to Hitterman, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
13.4 Giggity Giggity to Hitterman, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
13.5 Giggity Giggity to Hitterman, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
13.6 Giggity Giggity to Hitterman, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)

End of over 14
Toronto Tanks 120/6 (RR : 8.57) Required RR(8.83)
Wolf 45 (30b)
Hitterman 46 (31b)
Giggity Giggity 3-0-30-0

14.1 NightProwler10 to Hitterman, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
14.2 NightProwler10 to Hitterman, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
14.3 NightProwler10 to Hitterman, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
14.4 NightProwler10 to Hitterman, Easy single. (1)
14.5 NightProwler10 to Wolf, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
14.6 NightProwler10 to Hitterman, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)

End of over 15
Toronto Tanks 124/6 (RR : 8.27) Required RR(9.8)
Hitterman 49 (36b)
Wolf 46 (31b)
NightProwler10 3-0-18-0

15.1 Giggity Giggity to Wolf, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
15.2 Giggity Giggity to Wolf, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
15.3 Giggity Giggity to Wolf, Good running, two runs. (2)
15.4 Giggity Giggity to Wolf, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
15.5 Giggity Giggity to Wolf, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
15.6 Giggity Giggity to Wolf, Easy single. (1)

End of over 16
Toronto Tanks 131/6 (RR : 8.19) Required RR(10.5)
Hitterman 49 (36b)
Wolf 53 (37b)
Giggity Giggity 4-0-37-0

16.1 Bladescape to Wolf, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
16.2 Bladescape to Wolf, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
16.3 Bladescape to Wolf, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
16.4 Bladescape to Wolf, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
16.5 Bladescape to Wolf, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
16.6 Bladescape to Wolf, Thats what my mum calls a proper wicket!

Wolf b Bladescape
Runs : 61 Balls : 43 S/R : 141.9

(0)

End of over 17
Toronto Tanks 139/7 (RR : 8.18) Required RR(11.3)
WestIndian 0 (0b)
Hitterman 49 (36b)
Bladescape 2-0-14-1

17.1 Ravi Shastri to Hitterman, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
17.2 Ravi Shastri to WestIndian, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
17.3 Ravi Shastri to WestIndian, Full, wide, the batsman slashes hard at it and edges it straight to second slip! Out!

WestIndian c Binnu b Ravi Shastri
Runs : 2 Balls : 2 S/R : 100

(0)
17.4 Ravi Shastri to Brendon Hedger, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
17.5 Ravi Shastri to Brendon Hedger, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
17.6 Ravi Shastri to Hitterman, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)

End of over 18
Toronto Tanks 145/8 (RR : 8.06) Required RR(14)
Hitterman 52 (38b)
Brendon Hedger 1 (2b)
Ravi Shastri 3-0-27-1

18.1 Surendar to Brendon Hedger, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
18.2 Surendar to Brendon Hedger, Ahhh that's poor fielding. The batsman taps it away for a single, and the fielder fires in an over-eager throw well wide of the stumps. No one is backing up and some the batsmen run two more! The captain isn't happy! (3)
18.3 Surendar to Hitterman, Oh my, he has absolutely hammered that down the ground! That'll be one of the flattest sixes you'll ever see! (6)
18.4 Surendar to Hitterman, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
18.5 Surendar to Hitterman, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
18.6 Surendar to Hitterman, Sharp reflexes, excellent catch! That's certainly going to be on the highlight reel.

Hitterman c Binnu b Surendar
Runs : 60 Balls : 42 S/R : 142.9

(0)

End of over 19
Toronto Tanks 160/9 (RR : 8.42) Required RR(13)
Ayub 95 0 (0b)
Brendon Hedger 8 (4b)
Surendar 4-0-35-4

19.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Brendon Hedger, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
19.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Brendon Hedger, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
19.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Brendon Hedger, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
19.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Brendon Hedger, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
19.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Brendon Hedger, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
19.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Brendon Hedger, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)

End of over 20
Toronto Tanks 164/9 (RR : 8.2) Required RR(1.#J)
Brendon Hedger 12 (10b)
Ayub 95 0 (0b)
Shantanu_Rooney 4-0-33-3

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 164
Wickets : 9
Overs : 20.0
Code:
Toronto Tanks vs. Beijing Blitzers

Beijing Blitzers Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Romesh Kaluwithrana             c mattfb b Imran Khan    0    1   0   0      0
Funknath                           run out Imran Khan   17   15   1   0  113.3
Shalin Hitter                  c Imran Khan b Ayub 95   61   47   7   0  129.8
Pranav Pathak                          lbw Imran Khan    2    2   0   0    100
Giggity Giggity             c Ian Botham b Imran Khan    0    1   0   0      0
Binnu                                  run out mattfb   69   40  12   0  172.5
NightProwler10                              b Ayub 95    0    1   0   0      0
Ravi Shastri                           lbw Imran Khan   10    7   2   0  142.9
Bladescape                                    not out   10    5   1   1    200
Shantanu_Rooney                               not out    2    1   0   0    200
Surendar                                          dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 173                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 8.65

Extras : 2    No Balls : 0       Wides : 2    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toronto Tanks Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Ian Botham                           4.0           0      30           0    7.5
Imran Khan                           4.0           0      32           4      8
Wolf                                 4.0           0      29           0   7.25
WestIndian                           3.0           0      34           0  11.33
Brendon Hedger                       3.0           0      29           0   9.67
Ayub 95                              2.0           0      19           2    9.5

Total: 173                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 8.65

Extras : 2    No Balls : 0       Wides : 2    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toronto Tanks Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Holdenator           c Ravi Shastri b Shantanu_Rooney    1    2   0   0     50
Bilal91                           lbw Shantanu_Rooney    1    2   0   0     50
Insomniac                          c Binnu b Surendar    7    6   0   0  116.7
mattfb                                 c & b Surendar    7    4   1   0    175
Ian Botham                               lbw Surendar    2    3   0   0  66.67
Imran Khan                        lbw Shantanu_Rooney    9    8   0   0  112.5
Hitterman                          c Binnu b Surendar   60   42   4   2  142.9
Wolf                                     b Bladescape   61   43   5   0  141.9
WestIndian                     c Binnu b Ravi Shastri    2    2   0   0    100
Brendon Hedger                                not out   12   10   1   0    120
Ayub 95                                       not out    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 164                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 8.2

Extras : 2    No Balls : 2       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Beijing Blitzers Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Giggity Giggity                      4.0           0      37           0   9.25
NightProwler10                       3.0           0      18           0      6
Ravi Shastri                         3.0           0      27           1      9
Bladescape                           2.0           0      14           1      7
Shantanu_Rooney                      4.0           0      33           3   8.25
Surendar                             4.0           0      35           4   8.75

Total: 164                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 8.2

Extras : 2    No Balls : 2       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Toronto Tanks vs. Beijing Blitzers

Beijing Blitzers - 173/8 in 20.0 overs.
Toronto Tanks - 164/9 in 20.0 overs.

Beijing Blitzers wins the match by 9 runs

Well Beijing win a hard fought contest here all thanks to Surender's great bowling and an excellent partnership between Shalin and Binnu.

MOTM-Binnu

wolf

International Cricketer
Shame about the result, but what an innings from me, a maiden half-century in PCPL. :D

Batting order needs some serious work though, Hitterman surely deserves a gig up the order.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Great win guys, now lets have a one day rest and then lets practice again. Well bowled Surenbhai..

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Voiced my opinions in the discussion thread, but this is just strange.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah real strange, the sim looks weird, as only 2 batsman score in double figures and the rest are in single figures. Anyways happy we won..:banana2

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Shalin (once again) and Binnu looked very good throughout. Suren and Shan were excellent as well. This season is turning out to be very good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread