Round 9: Beijing Blitzers v Toronto Tanks @ The Golden Dragon Stadium (28.11.09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
We are in good shape this season - Promising & fight till last second attitude. Yes, we will put up a good fight in this match too. ;) Good luck, lads. :thumbs

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
It should be interesting to see this flat pitch encounter. It can go in either way, but we will still put up the best fight. :) Good luck, lads. :thumbs

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
And I hope it'll be a nail bitter....:upray:
Let it go anyway, but it should be a last ball thriller...

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Come onn TT... Time to rake in the poor Beijing Blitzers

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Beijing Blitzers vs. Toronto Tanks

@ The Golden Dragon Stadium

Welcome folks to the highly anticipated Beijing vs. Toronto games. A clash of two clubs not from traditionally cricket playing countries, we see them both in a clash they would really, really like to win. A win for Toronto could see them jump to third in the table, a win for BB could have them take over first place. It's a flat, dead, lifeless pitch, and strangely enough, Toronto have opted to bowl. Hmm, lets see if it pays off. Lets head to the ground...

0.1 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
0.2 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
0.3 Ian Botham to Funknath, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
0.4 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
0.5 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
0.6 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)

End of over 1
Beijing Blitzers 4/0 (RR : 4)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 3 (5b)
Funknath 1 (1b)
Ian Botham 1-0-4-0

1.1 Imran Khan to Funknath, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
1.2 Imran Khan to Funknath, Slog-sweep time! He completely misses it though, and is rapped on the pads. The bowler is appealing...and yup, he's got to go! Tough luck kid, maybe you'll get it next time!

Funknath lbw Imran Khan
Runs : 1 Balls : 3 S/R : 33.33

(0)
1.3 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
1.4 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
1.5 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
1.6 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, The batsman sees the juicy half-volley outside off-stump, and decided that it deserved more than a spanking through the covers, and so thrashes it into the stands instead! 6 runs. (6)

End of over 2
Beijing Blitzers 19/1 (RR : 9.5)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 17 (8b)
Shalin Hitter 1 (1b)
Imran Khan 1-0-15-1

2.1 Ian Botham to Shalin Hitter, And that's been caught, by a man in the crowd! Six Runs! (6)
2.2 Ian Botham to Shalin Hitter, , Byes, another 1 run(s) (1)
2.3 Ian Botham to Shalin Hitter, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
2.4 Ian Botham to Shalin Hitter, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
2.5 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Short ball outside offstump, the batsman rocks back to cut it and sends it up and over point for six! (6)
2.6 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)

End of over 3
Beijing Blitzers 35/1 (RR : 11.7)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 25 (10b)
Shalin Hitter 8 (4b)
Ian Botham 2-0-19-0

3.1 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
3.2 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, Zorax is awesome. Huh, what? Oh yea, six runs. And Zorax = God. (6)
3.3 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, , Wide, one run (1)
3.3 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
3.4 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Good running, two runs. (2)
3.5 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
3.6 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)

End of over 4
Beijing Blitzers 46/1 (RR : 11.5)
Shalin Hitter 15 (8b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 28 (12b)
Imran Khan 2-0-26-1

4.1 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
4.2 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
4.3 Ian Botham to Shalin Hitter, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
4.4 Ian Botham to Shalin Hitter, Very well bowled. (0)
4.5 Ian Botham to Shalin Hitter, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
4.6 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, My GOD that's massive! 6 runs! (6)

End of over 5
Beijing Blitzers 54/1 (RR : 10.8)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 35 (15b)
Shalin Hitter 16 (11b)
Ian Botham 3-0-27-0

5.1 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
5.2 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, The cuts back in sharply, and the batsman misses completely, and his struck on the pads. It's a tough decision, but the umpire sends him on his way! Excellent bowling.

Shalin Hitter lbw Imran Khan
Runs : 20 Balls : 13 S/R : 153.8

(0)
5.3 Imran Khan to Pranav Pathak, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
5.4 Imran Khan to Pranav Pathak, Excellent bowling, catches the batsman off-guard with a vicious bouncer! Unfortunately for the bowler, the batsmen top edges it over the head of the keeper for six! Tough luck son, maybe you'll get him next time. (6)
5.5 Imran Khan to Pranav Pathak, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
5.6 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Down the track, and BOOM! Six Runs! Great batting! (6)

End of over 6
Beijing Blitzers 73/2 (RR : 12.2)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 41 (16b)
Pranav Pathak 9 (3b)
Imran Khan 3-0-45-2

6.1 Wasim Raja to Pranav Pathak, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
6.2 Wasim Raja to Pranav Pathak, One more to the total. (1)
6.3 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
6.4 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
6.5 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
6.6 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)

End of over 7
Beijing Blitzers 78/2 (RR : 11.1)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 43 (20b)
Pranav Pathak 12 (5b)
Wasim Raja 1-0-5-0

7.1 Brendon Hedger to Pranav Pathak, That was a very good delivery. (0)
7.2 Brendon Hedger to Pranav Pathak, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
7.3 Brendon Hedger to Pranav Pathak, Good running, two runs. (2)
7.4 Brendon Hedger to Pranav Pathak, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only two. (2)
7.5 Brendon Hedger to Pranav Pathak, They run the first hard, they come for two, the fielder has the ball, they call for the third...will they get there!?! The throw is in, it's wide, the batsman dives...and he's in! Excellent running, and poor fielding! (3)
7.6 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)

End of over 8
Beijing Blitzers 87/2 (RR : 10.9)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 43 (21b)
Pranav Pathak 21 (10b)
Brendon Hedger 1-0-9-0

8.1 Wasim Raja to Pranav Pathak, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
8.2 Wasim Raja to Pranav Pathak, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
8.3 Wasim Raja to Pranav Pathak, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
8.4 Wasim Raja to Pranav Pathak, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
8.5 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
8.6 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)

End of over 9
Beijing Blitzers 94/2 (RR : 10.4)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 47 (23b)
Pranav Pathak 24 (14b)
Wasim Raja 2-0-12-0

9.1 Wolf to Pranav Pathak, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
9.2 Wolf to Pranav Pathak, No shot offered. (0)
9.3 Wolf to Pranav Pathak, One more to the total. (1)
9.4 Wolf to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
9.5 Wolf to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
9.6 Wolf to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)

End of over 10
Beijing Blitzers 96/2 (RR : 9.6)
Pranav Pathak 25 (17b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 48 (26b)
Wolf 1-0-2-0

10.1 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
10.2 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
10.3 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
10.4 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
10.5 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
10.6 Wasim Raja to Pranav Pathak, That was a very good delivery. (0)

End of over 11
Beijing Blitzers 103/2 (RR : 9.36)
Pranav Pathak 25 (18b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 55 (31b)
Wasim Raja 3-0-19-0

11.1 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
11.2 Brendon Hedger to Pranav Pathak, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
11.3 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
11.4 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
11.5 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
11.6 Brendon Hedger to Pranav Pathak, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)

End of over 12
Beijing Blitzers 109/2 (RR : 9.08)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 59 (35b)
Pranav Pathak 27 (20b)
Brendon Hedger 2-0-15-0

12.1 Wasim Raja to Pranav Pathak, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
12.2 Wasim Raja to Pranav Pathak, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
12.3 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
12.4 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
12.5 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, They run the first hard, they come for two, the fielder has the ball, they call for the third...will they get there!?! The throw is in, it's wide, the batsman dives...and he's in! Excellent running, and poor fielding! (3)
12.6 Wasim Raja to Pranav Pathak, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)

End of over 13
Beijing Blitzers 116/2 (RR : 8.92)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 64 (38b)
Pranav Pathak 29 (23b)
Wasim Raja 4-0-26-0

13.1 WestIndia to Pranav Pathak, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
13.2 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
13.3 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only two. (2)
13.4 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)
13.5 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
13.6 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)

End of over 14
Beijing Blitzers 131/2 (RR : 9.36)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 78 (43b)
Pranav Pathak 30 (24b)
WestIndia 1-0-15-0

14.1 Wolf to Pranav Pathak, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
14.2 Wolf to Pranav Pathak, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
14.3 Wolf to Pranav Pathak, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
14.4 Wolf to Pranav Pathak, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
14.5 Wolf to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
14.6 Wolf to Romesh Kaluwithrana, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)

End of over 15
Beijing Blitzers 141/2 (RR : 9.4)
Pranav Pathak 37 (28b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 81 (45b)
Wolf 2-0-12-0

15.1 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
15.2 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, No shot offered. (0)
15.3 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
15.4 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! And to add insult to injury, the ball rolls away for four runs. The bowler is fuming! (4)
15.5 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)
15.6 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Easy single. (1)

End of over 16
Beijing Blitzers 150/2 (RR : 9.38)
Pranav Pathak 37 (28b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 90 (51b)
Brendon Hedger 3-0-24-0

16.1 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
16.2 WestIndia to Pranav Pathak, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
16.3 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
16.4 WestIndia to Pranav Pathak, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! And to add insult to injury, the ball rolls away for four runs. The bowler is fuming! (4)
16.5 WestIndia to Pranav Pathak, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
16.6 WestIndia to Pranav Pathak, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)

End of over 17
Beijing Blitzers 158/2 (RR : 9.29)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 92 (53b)
Pranav Pathak 43 (32b)
WestIndia 2-0-23-0

17.1 Brendon Hedger to Pranav Pathak, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
17.2 Brendon Hedger to Pranav Pathak, , Leg Byes, another 1 run(s) (1)
17.3 Brendon Hedger to Pranav Pathak, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
17.4 Brendon Hedger to Pranav Pathak, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
17.5 Brendon Hedger to Pranav Pathak, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)
17.6 Brendon Hedger to Pranav Pathak, Wide full toss, the batsman slashes at it and gets four more through point! Poor bowling. (4)

End of over 18
Beijing Blitzers 171/2 (RR : 9.5)
Pranav Pathak 55 (37b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 92 (53b)
Brendon Hedger 4-0-36-0

18.1 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
18.2 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, My GOD that's massive! 6 runs! (6)
18.3 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
18.4 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
18.5 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
18.6 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, , No Ball. Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
18.6 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)

End of over 19
Beijing Blitzers 182/2 (RR : 9.58)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 102 (60b)
Pranav Pathak 55 (37b)
Imran Khan 4-0-56-2

19.1 Ian Botham to Pranav Pathak, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
19.2 Ian Botham to Pranav Pathak, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
19.3 Ian Botham to Pranav Pathak, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)
19.4 Ian Botham to Pranav Pathak, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
19.5 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)
19.6 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, The batsman sees the juicy half-volley outside off-stump, and decided that it deserved more than a spanking through the covers, and so thrashes it into the stands instead! 6 runs. (6)

End of over 20
Beijing Blitzers 201/2 (RR : 10.1)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 112 (62b)
Pranav Pathak 64 (41b)
Ian Botham 4-0-46-0

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 201
Wickets : 2
Overs : 20.0

And Kalu gets his second ton of the tournament!! A stunning innings on a frankly lifeless pitch. Hard work for all the TT bowlers. Imran Khan got an early wicket, but it just went downhill from there on this graveyard of a pitch. I'm sure the Toronto think tank will regret bowling first, but on this pitch, anything is chase-able really. 202 to win for Toronto, it's a huge ask, but can they manage it? Lets wait and see.

BTW, no formatting as I have time constraints.

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
0.1 Surendar to Holdenator, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
0.2 Surendar to Holdenator, Very well bowled. (0)
0.3 Surendar to Holdenator, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
0.4 Surendar to mattfb, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
0.5 Surendar to mattfb, Splendid shot for four! (4)
0.6 Surendar to mattfb, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)

End of over 1
Toronto Tanks 6/0 (RR : 6) Required RR(10.3)
Holdenator 1 (3b)
mattfb 5 (3b)
Surendar 1-0-6-0

1.1 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, No shot offered. (0)
1.2 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
1.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
1.4 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, No shot offered. (0)
1.5 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, Slapped away through the offside for a glorious boundary! Lovely shot. The captain's fuming now and removes a man from third slip to cover that region. (4)
1.6 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)

End of over 2
Toronto Tanks 12/0 (RR : 6) Required RR(10.5)
mattfb 10 (8b)
Holdenator 2 (4b)
Shantanu_Rooney 1-0-6-0

2.1 Surendar to Holdenator, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
2.2 Surendar to Holdenator, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
2.3 Surendar to Holdenator, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
2.4 Surendar to Holdenator, That's gone high...really high...it's lost in the sky...will someone catch this? The fielders all come under it...someone has to take it...NOOOOOOO! It's been dropped! And the batsmen manage to come back for a third! (3)
2.5 Surendar to mattfb, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
2.6 Surendar to mattfb, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)

End of over 3
Toronto Tanks 27/0 (RR : 9) Required RR(10.2)
mattfb 14 (10b)
Holdenator 13 (8b)
Surendar 2-0-21-0

3.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
3.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)
3.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, Slapped away through the offside for a glorious boundary! Lovely shot. The captain's fuming now and removes a man from third slip to cover that region. (4)
3.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
3.5 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
3.6 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, One more to the total. (1)

End of over 4
Toronto Tanks 41/0 (RR : 10.3) Required RR(10)
Holdenator 24 (12b)
mattfb 17 (12b)
Shantanu_Rooney 2-0-20-0

4.1 Surendar to mattfb, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
4.2 Surendar to Holdenator, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
4.3 Surendar to Holdenator, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
4.4 Surendar to mattfb, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
4.5 Surendar to mattfb, They run the first hard, they come for two, the fielder has the ball, they call for the third...will they get there!?! The throw is in, it's wide, the batsman dives...and he's in! Excellent running, and poor fielding! (3)
4.6 Surendar to Holdenator, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)

End of over 5
Toronto Tanks 48/0 (RR : 9.6) Required RR(10.2)
Holdenator 25 (15b)
mattfb 23 (15b)
Surendar 3-0-28-0

5.1 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, That six has cleared the car park! (6)
5.2 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, That six has cleared the car park! (6)
5.3 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, Splendid shot for four! (4)
5.4 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
5.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)
5.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)

End of over 6
Toronto Tanks 69/0 (RR : 11.5) Required RR(9.43)
Holdenator 29 (17b)
mattfb 40 (19b)
Shantanu_Rooney 3-0-41-0

6.1 Bladescape to mattfb, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)
6.2 Bladescape to mattfb, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)
6.3 Bladescape to mattfb, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
6.4 Bladescape to mattfb, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
6.5 Bladescape to mattfb, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
6.6 Bladescape to mattfb, , No Ball. Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
6.6 Bladescape to mattfb, One more to the total. (1)

End of over 7
Toronto Tanks 83/0 (RR : 11.9) Required RR(9.08)
Holdenator 29 (17b)
mattfb 53 (26b)
Bladescape 1-0-14-0

7.1 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
7.2 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
7.3 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
7.4 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
7.5 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, Very well bowled. (0)
7.6 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)

End of over 8
Toronto Tanks 89/0 (RR : 11.1) Required RR(9.33)
mattfb 58 (30b)
Holdenator 30 (19b)
Giggity Giggity 1-0-6-0

8.1 Bladescape to Holdenator, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
8.2 Bladescape to mattfb, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
8.3 Bladescape to mattfb, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
8.4 Bladescape to mattfb, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)
8.5 Bladescape to mattfb, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
8.6 Bladescape to Holdenator, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)

End of over 9
Toronto Tanks 98/0 (RR : 10.9) Required RR(9.36)
mattfb 65 (34b)
Holdenator 32 (21b)
Bladescape 2-0-23-0

9.1 NightProwler10 to Holdenator, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
9.2 NightProwler10 to Holdenator, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
9.3 NightProwler10 to mattfb, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)
9.4 NightProwler10 to mattfb, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
9.5 NightProwler10 to Holdenator, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
9.6 NightProwler10 to Holdenator, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)

End of over 10
Toronto Tanks 107/0 (RR : 10.7) Required RR(9.4)
mattfb 70 (36b)
Holdenator 36 (25b)
NightProwler10 1-0-9-0

10.1 Bladescape to Holdenator, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
10.2 Bladescape to mattfb, , No Ball. Short and pulled away for a single (1)
10.2 Bladescape to Holdenator, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
10.3 Bladescape to mattfb, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
10.4 Bladescape to mattfb, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
10.5 Bladescape to Holdenator, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
10.6 Bladescape to Holdenator, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)

End of over 11
Toronto Tanks 115/0 (RR : 10.5) Required RR(9.56)
mattfb 72 (39b)
Holdenator 41 (29b)
Bladescape 3-0-31-0

11.1 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, No shot offered. (0)
11.2 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
11.3 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
11.4 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
11.5 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
11.6 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)

End of over 12
Toronto Tanks 117/0 (RR : 9.75) Required RR(10.5)
Holdenator 43 (35b)
mattfb 72 (39b)
Ravi Shastri 1-0-2-0

12.1 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, No shot offered. (0)
12.2 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Good running, two runs. (2)
12.3 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
12.4 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
12.5 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
12.6 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)

End of over 13
Toronto Tanks 121/0 (RR : 9.31) Required RR(11.4)
mattfb 75 (43b)
Holdenator 44 (37b)
Giggity Giggity 2-0-10-0

13.1 Bladescape to Holdenator, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
13.2 Bladescape to mattfb, Very well bowled. (0)
13.3 Bladescape to mattfb, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)
13.4 Bladescape to mattfb, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
13.5 Bladescape to mattfb, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
13.6 Bladescape to Holdenator, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)

End of over 14
Toronto Tanks 129/0 (RR : 9.21) Required RR(12)
Holdenator 47 (39b)
mattfb 80 (47b)
Bladescape 4-0-39-0

14.1 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
14.2 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
14.3 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, , No Ball. And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
14.3 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
14.4 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
14.5 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
14.6 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)

End of over 15
Toronto Tanks 137/0 (RR : 9.13) Required RR(12.8)
Holdenator 48 (40b)
mattfb 86 (53b)
Giggity Giggity 3-0-18-0

15.1 Ravi Shastri to mattfb, Gorgeous square drive, placed perfectly past point. There isn't a lot of power in the shot though, and third man cuts it off while the batsmen run hard for three. (3)
15.2 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
15.3 Ravi Shastri to mattfb, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
15.4 Ravi Shastri to mattfb, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
15.5 Ravi Shastri to mattfb, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
15.6 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)

End of over 16
Toronto Tanks 150/0 (RR : 9.38) Required RR(12.8)
Holdenator 51 (42b)
mattfb 96 (57b)
Ravi Shastri 2-0-15-0

16.1 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
16.2 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
16.3 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
16.4 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
16.5 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
16.6 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)

End of over 17
Toronto Tanks 160/0 (RR : 9.41) Required RR(13.7)
mattfb 106 (63b)
Holdenator 51 (42b)
Giggity Giggity 4-0-28-0

17.1 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, , No Ball. out a no ball! (2)
17.1 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
17.2 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
17.3 Ravi Shastri to mattfb, Easy single. (1)
17.4 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
17.5 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
17.6 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)

End of over 18
Toronto Tanks 175/0 (RR : 9.72) Required RR(13)
Holdenator 64 (48b)
mattfb 107 (64b)
Ravi Shastri 3-0-30-0

18.1 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, One more to the total. (1)
18.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, GOT HIM! Clean bowled!

Holdenator b Shantanu_Rooney
Runs : 64 Balls : 49 S/R : 130.6

(0)
18.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
18.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
18.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
18.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)

End of over 19
Toronto Tanks 178/1 (RR : 9.37) Required RR(23)
Imran Khan 2 (4b)
mattfb 108 (65b)
Shantanu_Rooney 4-0-44-1

19.1 Surendar to mattfb, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
19.2 Surendar to mattfb, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
19.3 Surendar to mattfb, Top edge...and gone!

mattfb c Bladescape b Surendar
Runs : 114 Balls : 68 S/R : 167.6

(0)
19.4 Surendar to Insomniac, The batsman goes for the big heave-ho, and connects fantastically! Six! (6)
19.5 Surendar to Insomniac, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)
19.6 Surendar to Insomniac, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)

End of over 20
Toronto Tanks 198/2 (RR : 9.9) Required RR(1.#J)
Insomniac 14 (3b)
Imran Khan 2 (4b)
Surendar 4-0-48-1

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 198

And Beijing have stolen yet another win out of nowhere! After 10 overs the Tanks were 107/0, but they still had a difficult task ahead of them, and found maintaining that momentum difficult. Giggity Giggity bowled a splendid spell, conceding just 28 runs in his four overs, as the required rate mounted in the latter half of the innings. With 18 runs needed in 3 balls, Insomniac gave it his best shot, but it was never going to be enough and they fell just 4 agonising runs short of what would have been a terrific runchase. A brilliant century from mattfb went in vain, and Beijing are another step closer to the top of the table.

Code:
Toronto Tanks vs. Beijing Blitzers

Beijing Blitzers Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Romesh Kaluwithrana                           not out  112   62   7   6  180.6
Funknath                               lbw Imran Khan    1    3   0   0  33.33
Shalin Hitter                          lbw Imran Khan   20   13   1   2  153.8
Pranav Pathak                                 not out   64   41   5   1  156.1
Giggity Giggity                                   dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Binnu                                             dnb    0    0   0   0      0
NightProwler10                                    dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Ravi Shastri                                      dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Bladescape                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Shantanu_Rooney                                   dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Surendar                                          dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 201                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 10.05

Extras : 4    No Balls : 1       Wides : 1    Leg Byes : 1        Byes : 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toronto Tanks Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Imran Khan                           4.0           0      56           2     14
Ian Botham                           3.5           0      46           0     12
Wasim Raja                           4.0           0      26           0    6.5
Wolf                                 2.0           0      12           0      6
WestIndia                            2.0           0      23           0   11.5
Brendon Hedger                       3.5           0      36           0   9.39

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toronto Tanks Innings 

Holdenator                          b Shantanu_Rooney   64   49   6   0  130.6
mattfb                        c Bladescape b Surendar  114   68  11   2  167.6
Imran Khan                                    not out    2    4   0   0     50
Insomniac                                     not out   14    3   2   1  466.7
Ian Botham                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Bilal91                                           dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Hitterman                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Wasim Raja                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Wolf                                              dnb    0    0   0   0      0
WestIndia                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Brendon Hedger                                    dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 198                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 9.9

Extras : 4    No Balls : 4       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Beijing Blitzers Bowling

Giggity Giggity                      4.0           0      28           0      7
NightProwler10                       1.0           0       9           0      9
Ravi Shastri                         3.0           0      30           0     10
Bladescape                           4.0           0      39           0   9.75
Shantanu_Rooney                      4.0           0      44           1     11
Surendar                             4.0           0      48           1     12

Beijing Blitzers - 201/2 in 20.0 overs. 
Toronto Tanks - 198/2 in 20.0 overs. 

Beijing Blitzers wins the match by 3 runs

Man of The Match - Centuries from mattfb and Kalu, and a brilliant spell from Wasim Raja, but this goes to the bowler who helped his team steal a tight victory - Giggity Giggity. In a match where 399 runs were scored in 40 overs for just 4 wickets, his 4 overs for 28 runs was an exceptional, and probably match-winning spell.

ZoraxDoom added 0 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

0.1 Surendar to Holdenator, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
0.2 Surendar to Holdenator, Very well bowled. (0)
0.3 Surendar to Holdenator, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
0.4 Surendar to mattfb, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
0.5 Surendar to mattfb, Splendid shot for four! (4)
0.6 Surendar to mattfb, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)

End of over 1
Toronto Tanks 6/0 (RR : 6) Required RR(10.3)
Holdenator 1 (3b)
mattfb 5 (3b)
Surendar 1-0-6-0

1.1 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, No shot offered. (0)
1.2 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
1.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
1.4 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, No shot offered. (0)
1.5 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, Slapped away through the offside for a glorious boundary! Lovely shot. The captain's fuming now and removes a man from third slip to cover that region. (4)
1.6 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)

End of over 2
Toronto Tanks 12/0 (RR : 6) Required RR(10.5)
mattfb 10 (8b)
Holdenator 2 (4b)
Shantanu_Rooney 1-0-6-0

2.1 Surendar to Holdenator, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
2.2 Surendar to Holdenator, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
2.3 Surendar to Holdenator, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
2.4 Surendar to Holdenator, That's gone high...really high...it's lost in the sky...will someone catch this? The fielders all come under it...someone has to take it...NOOOOOOO! It's been dropped! And the batsmen manage to come back for a third! (3)
2.5 Surendar to mattfb, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
2.6 Surendar to mattfb, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)

End of over 3
Toronto Tanks 27/0 (RR : 9) Required RR(10.2)
mattfb 14 (10b)
Holdenator 13 (8b)
Surendar 2-0-21-0

3.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
3.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)
3.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, Slapped away through the offside for a glorious boundary! Lovely shot. The captain's fuming now and removes a man from third slip to cover that region. (4)
3.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
3.5 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
3.6 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, One more to the total. (1)

End of over 4
Toronto Tanks 41/0 (RR : 10.3) Required RR(10)
Holdenator 24 (12b)
mattfb 17 (12b)
Shantanu_Rooney 2-0-20-0

4.1 Surendar to mattfb, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
4.2 Surendar to Holdenator, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
4.3 Surendar to Holdenator, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
4.4 Surendar to mattfb, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
4.5 Surendar to mattfb, They run the first hard, they come for two, the fielder has the ball, they call for the third...will they get there!?! The throw is in, it's wide, the batsman dives...and he's in! Excellent running, and poor fielding! (3)
4.6 Surendar to Holdenator, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)

End of over 5
Toronto Tanks 48/0 (RR : 9.6) Required RR(10.2)
Holdenator 25 (15b)
mattfb 23 (15b)
Surendar 3-0-28-0

5.1 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, That six has cleared the car park! (6)
5.2 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, That six has cleared the car park! (6)
5.3 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, Splendid shot for four! (4)
5.4 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
5.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)
5.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)

End of over 6
Toronto Tanks 69/0 (RR : 11.5) Required RR(9.43)
Holdenator 29 (17b)
mattfb 40 (19b)
Shantanu_Rooney 3-0-41-0

6.1 Bladescape to mattfb, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)
6.2 Bladescape to mattfb, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)
6.3 Bladescape to mattfb, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
6.4 Bladescape to mattfb, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
6.5 Bladescape to mattfb, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
6.6 Bladescape to mattfb, , No Ball. Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
6.6 Bladescape to mattfb, One more to the total. (1)

End of over 7
Toronto Tanks 83/0 (RR : 11.9) Required RR(9.08)
Holdenator 29 (17b)
mattfb 53 (26b)
Bladescape 1-0-14-0

7.1 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
7.2 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
7.3 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
7.4 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
7.5 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, Very well bowled. (0)
7.6 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)

End of over 8
Toronto Tanks 89/0 (RR : 11.1) Required RR(9.33)
mattfb 58 (30b)
Holdenator 30 (19b)
Giggity Giggity 1-0-6-0

8.1 Bladescape to Holdenator, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
8.2 Bladescape to mattfb, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
8.3 Bladescape to mattfb, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
8.4 Bladescape to mattfb, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)
8.5 Bladescape to mattfb, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
8.6 Bladescape to Holdenator, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)

End of over 9
Toronto Tanks 98/0 (RR : 10.9) Required RR(9.36)
mattfb 65 (34b)
Holdenator 32 (21b)
Bladescape 2-0-23-0

9.1 NightProwler10 to Holdenator, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
9.2 NightProwler10 to Holdenator, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
9.3 NightProwler10 to mattfb, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)
9.4 NightProwler10 to mattfb, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
9.5 NightProwler10 to Holdenator, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
9.6 NightProwler10 to Holdenator, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)

End of over 10
Toronto Tanks 107/0 (RR : 10.7) Required RR(9.4)
mattfb 70 (36b)
Holdenator 36 (25b)
NightProwler10 1-0-9-0

10.1 Bladescape to Holdenator, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
10.2 Bladescape to mattfb, , No Ball. Short and pulled away for a single (1)
10.2 Bladescape to Holdenator, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
10.3 Bladescape to mattfb, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
10.4 Bladescape to mattfb, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
10.5 Bladescape to Holdenator, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
10.6 Bladescape to Holdenator, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)

End of over 11
Toronto Tanks 115/0 (RR : 10.5) Required RR(9.56)
mattfb 72 (39b)
Holdenator 41 (29b)
Bladescape 3-0-31-0

11.1 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, No shot offered. (0)
11.2 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
11.3 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
11.4 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
11.5 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
11.6 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)

End of over 12
Toronto Tanks 117/0 (RR : 9.75) Required RR(10.5)
Holdenator 43 (35b)
mattfb 72 (39b)
Ravi Shastri 1-0-2-0

12.1 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, No shot offered. (0)
12.2 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Good running, two runs. (2)
12.3 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
12.4 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
12.5 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
12.6 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)

End of over 13
Toronto Tanks 121/0 (RR : 9.31) Required RR(11.4)
mattfb 75 (43b)
Holdenator 44 (37b)
Giggity Giggity 2-0-10-0

13.1 Bladescape to Holdenator, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
13.2 Bladescape to mattfb, Very well bowled. (0)
13.3 Bladescape to mattfb, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)
13.4 Bladescape to mattfb, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
13.5 Bladescape to mattfb, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
13.6 Bladescape to Holdenator, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)

End of over 14
Toronto Tanks 129/0 (RR : 9.21) Required RR(12)
Holdenator 47 (39b)
mattfb 80 (47b)
Bladescape 4-0-39-0

14.1 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
14.2 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
14.3 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, , No Ball. And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
14.3 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
14.4 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
14.5 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
14.6 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)

End of over 15
Toronto Tanks 137/0 (RR : 9.13) Required RR(12.8)
Holdenator 48 (40b)
mattfb 86 (53b)
Giggity Giggity 3-0-18-0

15.1 Ravi Shastri to mattfb, Gorgeous square drive, placed perfectly past point. There isn't a lot of power in the shot though, and third man cuts it off while the batsmen run hard for three. (3)
15.2 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
15.3 Ravi Shastri to mattfb, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
15.4 Ravi Shastri to mattfb, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
15.5 Ravi Shastri to mattfb, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
15.6 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)

End of over 16
Toronto Tanks 150/0 (RR : 9.38) Required RR(12.8)
Holdenator 51 (42b)
mattfb 96 (57b)
Ravi Shastri 2-0-15-0

16.1 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
16.2 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
16.3 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
16.4 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
16.5 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
16.6 Giggity Giggity to mattfb, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)

End of over 17
Toronto Tanks 160/0 (RR : 9.41) Required RR(13.7)
mattfb 106 (63b)
Holdenator 51 (42b)
Giggity Giggity 4-0-28-0

17.1 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, , No Ball. out a no ball! (2)
17.1 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
17.2 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
17.3 Ravi Shastri to mattfb, Easy single. (1)
17.4 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
17.5 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
17.6 Ravi Shastri to Holdenator, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)

End of over 18
Toronto Tanks 175/0 (RR : 9.72) Required RR(13)
Holdenator 64 (48b)
mattfb 107 (64b)
Ravi Shastri 3-0-30-0

18.1 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, One more to the total. (1)
18.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, GOT HIM! Clean bowled!

Holdenator b Shantanu_Rooney
Runs : 64 Balls : 49 S/R : 130.6

(0)
18.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
18.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
18.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
18.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)

End of over 19
Toronto Tanks 178/1 (RR : 9.37) Required RR(23)
Imran Khan 2 (4b)
mattfb 108 (65b)
Shantanu_Rooney 4-0-44-1

19.1 Surendar to mattfb, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
19.2 Surendar to mattfb, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
19.3 Surendar to mattfb, Top edge...and gone!

mattfb c Bladescape b Surendar
Runs : 114 Balls : 68 S/R : 167.6

(0)
19.4 Surendar to Insomniac, The batsman goes for the big heave-ho, and connects fantastically! Six! (6)
19.5 Surendar to Insomniac, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)
19.6 Surendar to Insomniac, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)

End of over 20
Toronto Tanks 198/2 (RR : 9.9) Required RR(1.#J)
Insomniac 14 (3b)
Imran Khan 2 (4b)
Surendar 4-0-48-1

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 198

And Beijing have stolen yet another win out of nowhere! After 10 overs the Tanks were 107/0, but they still had a difficult task ahead of them, and found maintaining that momentum difficult. Giggity Giggity bowled a splendid spell, conceding just 28 runs in his four overs, as the required rate mounted in the latter half of the innings. With 18 runs needed in 3 balls, Insomniac gave it his best shot, but it was never going to be enough and they fell just 4 agonising runs short of what would have been a terrific runchase. A brilliant century from mattfb went in vain, and Beijing are another step closer to the top of the table.

Code:

Beijing Blitzers Innings 

Romesh Kaluwithrana                           not out  112   62   7   6  180.6
Funknath                               lbw Imran Khan    1    3   0   0  33.33
Shalin Hitter                          lbw Imran Khan   20   13   1   2  153.8
Pranav Pathak                                 not out   64   41   5   1  156.1
Giggity Giggity                                   dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Binnu                                             dnb    0    0   0   0      0
NightProwler10                                    dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Ravi Shastri                                      dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Bladescape                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Shantanu_Rooney                                   dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Surendar                                          dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Toronto Tanks Bowling

Imran Khan                           4.0           0      56           2     14
Ian Botham                           3.5           0      46           0     12
Wasim Raja                           4.0           0      26           0    6.5
Wolf                                 2.0           0      12           0      6
WestIndia                            2.0           0      23           0   11.5
Brendon Hedger                       3.5           0      36           0   9.39

Toronto Tanks Innings 

Holdenator                          b Shantanu_Rooney   64   49   6   0  130.6
mattfb                        c Bladescape b Surendar  114   68  11   2  167.6
Imran Khan                                    not out    2    4   0   0     50
Insomniac                                     not out   14    3   2   1  466.7
Ian Botham                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Bilal91                                           dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Hitterman                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Wasim Raja                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Wolf                                              dnb    0    0   0   0      0
WestIndia                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Brendon Hedger                                    dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Beijing Blitzers Bowling

Giggity Giggity                      4.0           0      28           0      7
NightProwler10                       1.0           0       9           0      9
Ravi Shastri                         3.0           0      30           0     10
Bladescape                           4.0           0      39           0   9.75
Shantanu_Rooney                      4.0           0      44           1     11
Surendar                             4.0           0      48           1     12

Beijing Blitzers - 201/2 in 20.0 overs. 
Toronto Tanks - 198/2 in 20.0 overs. 

Beijing Blitzers wins the match by 3 runs

Man of The Match - Centuries from mattfb and Kalu, and a brilliant spell from Wasim Raja, but this goes to the bowler who helped his team steal a tight victory - Giggity Giggity. In a match where 399 runs were scored in 40 overs for just 4 wickets, his 4 overs for 28 runs was an exceptional, and probably match-winning spell.

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Congrats on the win guys. :D This season everyone has been underestimating us but we are proving everyone wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread