RULES & REGS>>>>>

U

UnderTaker

RULES

Cricket 2002 is the only game should be used to play in this online tournament.

All default files must be used that came with Cricket 2002. Additional to the default files we will be using the Sonic's field patch version 3.0 in this tournament.

Tournament

The OCB CHAMPIONS TROPHY tournament will consist of 10 International Teams. Teams will be divided into 2 groups. Teams will play 4 ODI matches against the Teams in the same group. 2 top Teams from each group will qualify for semi finals. The final will be played between the winners of semi finals.

Teams

All the participants will create their Team file (ctm file), consists of 11 players, and email them to me at [email protected]

I will upload it under Team Files section for download.

Sonic's Field Patch

All the participants must download the Sonic's field patch version 3.0. This patch will be used in the tournament which can be downloaded from this site under downloads section.

Fixture

See the Schedule section to see when the matches are to be played.

Participants are responsible to check the Schedule section to see when their matches are to be played.

Toss and Pitch type

Toss and pitch type will be posted 2 days prior to the match under fixture section and also on Forums.

Team winning the toss must communicate with the opponent who will be batting first by posting on the Forums no later than the day before the match commences.

Failure to do so will result as "Abandoned Match" and points will be awarded to the opponent Team.

Match

All matches are played on HARD LEVEL

All matches are played friendly and enables both participant to bat. The Gamtweak utility will be needed to enable the team batting second to take control of their team.

Gamtweak can be downloaded from this site under downloads section.

The structure of the tournament is dependent on HONESTY. When playing your inning, participants should not reload or save game during their inning. In a 20 over match the bowler does not bowls more than 4 overs. If for some reason if something unknown happens and you are forced to reload your inning, I would recommend to restart the inning so the bowlers does not exceed their allotted overs.(Exception to the teams who are sharing their inning with more than one player) Failure to do so will result as "Abandoned Match" and points will be awarded to the opponent Team.

Please Play Fairly!!!

All the deadline must be met for tournament to progress. Matches not meeting the deadlines will be awarded to the participant.

Team Batting 1st

The team who is batting first must create the match as outlined in fixture section. (venue, pitch type, weather, and overs)

The team file must be use which can be downloaded from Team Files section.

The player batting first play out his inning. Once your inning has completed, you will have to take a screenshot of your inning scorecard and bowling figures and email it to [email protected] or can be posted on Forums.

After you will have to bowl the first over of the 2nd inning so you can save the game. Please try to bowl outside off stumps and not try to take any wicket.

Once the 1st over is completed the player should save the game and email the save game file to opponent and me by the date specified in schedule section.

Team Batting 2nd

Player 2 must load the save game file and play out his inning. To ensure that he is controlling his team download Gamtweak from downloads section.

After completion of the match Player 2 should provide the screenshot of match summary, scorecard and bowling figures and email it to [email protected] or can be posted on Forums by the date specified in schedule section.

Matches can commence before the official starting date as long as both players are in agreement, However, under no circumstances can the deadlines for matches be extended.

The tournament is to provide fun just like real cricket. Players could post interim updates and screenshots of their inning on Forums like bowling stats, Manhattan graphs and etc.

Post Match

After the completion of the game the Result Section and Points Table will be updated.

Points System

Win: 4 points
Tie: 2 points
Loss: 0 point
Bonus: 1 point*

* 1 bonus point will be awarded to the team who will email or post their inning SCORECARD, BATTING STATS, BOWLING FIGURES, and END OF INNING/MATCH SUMMARY screenshots.

In the event of teams finishing on equal points, the right to play in the semi final will be determined as follows:

the team with the most number of wins
the team with the most number of wins over the other team(s)
the team with the highest net run rate

Net Run Rate (NRR)

Net run rate has become the preferred method of breaking ties in multi-team one day international tournaments. It is often misunderstood, but really quite simple to understand.

Number of runs scored divided by number of overs. If team loses all 10 wickets, then the number of runs scored is divided by the maximum number of overs possible for that innings.

For team 1: team 1 run rate minus team 2 run rate

For team 2: team 2 run rate minus team 1 run rate

Example:

Team 1 bats first and scores 200 for 9 wickets after 20 overs

Team 2 batting second scores 120 for 10 wickets after 15 overs.

Team 1 run rate = 200 / 50 = 4

Team 2 run rate = 120 / 50 = 2.4

Team 1 net run rate: 10 - 8 = 1.6

Team 2 net run rate: 8 - 10 = -1.6

"Abandoned Match" will receive a NRR of +1 or -1.

Void Matches

As outlined in above section:

Players must announce who's batting first
Players must select the correct venues, pitch types, overs, and weather
Using correct Team ctm files
Submit save game files
Screenshot of Inning Scorecard, Bowling figures, and Match Summary by certain dates

Failure to do so will result as "Abandoned Match" and points will be awarded to the opponent Team.

NB: plz dont forget to click the restore button in teams menu

K

killa_stiky2002

I'm curious....if you don't use default kits will you be penalized also :unsure:

R

Rangeela

Originally posted by killa_stiky2002@Jun 5 2003, 05:59 PM
I'm curious....if you don't use default kits will you be penalized also :unsure:
no you will not.... it doesnt effect the gameplay and stats

thx

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Originally posted by Rangeela@Jun 6 2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by killa_stiky2002@Jun 5 2003, 05:59 PM
no you will not.... it doesnt effect the gameplay and stats

thx
YEAH!!! Even though I thought that before I needed confirmation.

Users who are viewing this thread