Samuels reported to the ICC for suspect action

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/7186180.stm

West Indies all-rounder Marlon Samuels has been reported to the International Cricket Council for a suspected illegal bowling action.

Umpires Simon Taufel, Aleem Dar and Brian Jerling questioned one specific delivery in the West Indies' third-Test defeat against South Africa in Durban.

I felt this deserved it's own thread given the potential ramifications.

Let's say this ball is deemed illegal, will he not be allowed to bowl, play or simply not bowl his 'quicker' ball. The article says that delivery. So this is different from the Ahmed and Botha cases, isn't it?

If deemed illegal, he will not be allowed to bowl his quicker ball, but will be able to bowl.

Botha's doosra was a chuck wasn't it, not just not his off-break?

Ahmed just looked like a throw from full speed tbh.

His action has always looked a bit dodgy, because it looks like he's putting the ball there, not bowling it there...

I think he chucks it. Let's see. I really don't think banning a certain ball is a good idea because it is going to be EXTREMELY hard to regulate it.

It looks like a chuck at full speed so I think they'll easily tell from slow motion replays. He doesn't bowl to much in tests but it will be a problem in ODi's where his overs come in handy.

does anyone know what speed his faster ball was in mph ?

Hes been around for a while and hes only just being picked up now, interesting. Did he just develop that ball?

Finally. His quicker ball has always looked suspect. I didn't think it was possible for an off-spinner to bowl a 75-80 mph delivery off a few leisurely strides with a legal action.

Never liked Samuels. Didnt he have match-fixing trouble when he came to India?

yea i think that he is still under investigation for that.

he is a good young talented player but has had a few problems in his career, i havent seen him bowling in this series so i cant really comment on it.

well he isn't really such a dominating and important bowler so it wouldn't be the biggest of blows to windies if he can't bowl anymore....

Users who are viewing this thread