School Matches

I play for my school team in Australia. We are into the real season here after a christmas break and we play 55 overs a side. There are 3 teams: - year 9/10 C's -Yr 9 A's -Year 10 A's. I'm in the 9 A's and we have a bye today but the 10 A's are playing today. If you want i can post the scores but they only have a few good batsman so there wont be many high scores.

Shevchenko said:
Well youre all chirpy , hope ur seasons will begin well and ur seasons will end well . for me its not that good , torned ligaments in the arm and my nerve muscle in the arm is also torned ouf , at them moment i have no feeling in my finger so i have to type with only one hand! so thats the end for my season and my chance to get a spot in the Easterns A squad

I am so sorry mate but why couldnt you make to eastern A side mate?I thought you were a wonderfull player.

fardin said:
I am so sorry mate but why couldnt you make to eastern A side mate?I thought you were a wonderfull player.

the reason being they dont want to include a injured player to the scene , cuase my injury will take months , but im gonna play for my club in 6 weeks time or less if im lucky but il have problems with the nerve muscle and then try to create another chance for me

had a net session today at regional county (i.e there are four regions of Surrey, Central, London, East, West, the best from the areas play for the regional then the best from regionals play for the full county - i play for central and we won the championship last year, and the 20/20!!)

had a net session and batted well so just hoping for an injury in the full county side and my chance!!

Sorry to hear about your injury Shev... and hope the injury happens for you Will and goodluck to all.

The last match we played was a shocker.... the ball if pitched anywhere between half volley and short comes to your ankles at one end and quite low bounce at the other end, from a pacer, you can only imagine the spinners.... lost half of our guys to low balls. So a opener at No. 9 to slog for runs in last ten..... boy did I laugh at myself nearly broke my bat>lol! Have to say if it wasn't for me and our No. 10 we would have lost. The outfield was so bouncy that if you attacked the ball 90% of the time it would bounce past you or over you, and they were drilling a borehole mid match on the field next to us, and on our boundary. Can't hear jack... My bowlin nearly gave the advantage that I gained away. Result we won by 23 runs with 3 overs to spare. Our total was around 125-130.

Nice on their Max !

My arm is better I was due to be out for six weeks , went to the doctor and he said that my ligaments werent that bad, (had torn it before) but I must not make any contact(Rugby) , So I did play in a match but it wasnt my greatest match ever, I wil be playing again in next saterdays match
BTW I scored 42(38) wich included 2 sixes , my first of the season! , YEH , with a arm that has injured ligaments!!!
only bowled 5 overs and went for 27 /2 wickets

the pain was worth each and every moment

I've recently broken my collarbone (last saturday) and we're due to tour at the end of may. Do you think I will have all my strength back then?

I have twisted my Ankel while I was playing basketball,Do you think It will heal in one week because i have a match come this saturday

greencarrot2 said:
I've recently broken my collarbone (last saturday) and we're due to tour at the end of may. Do you think I will have all my strength back then?

Well it depends on how quickly the injury works out for you, if you can get the injury off in that time than you will be ready

Two weeks ago we played in the Independant Schools Festival at St Albans.
We lost every game :crying :crying but my figures for the whole festival were 10 overs 14 runs 5 wickets ( in two matches )

fardin said:
I have twisted my Ankel while I was playing basketball,Do you think It will heal in one week because i have a match come this saturday

Also depends on how badly you twisted it, a doctor should be able to give you his opinion, thats if its that bad ofcourse.

Yay guys, made my grammar school A team! Opening the betting with my central partener, we should do well. we have a match on the 16th april (pre-season aniversary match) so i will post the results here!

Will p said:
Yay guys, made my grammar school A team! Opening the betting with my central partener, we should do well. we have a match on the 16th april (pre-season aniversary match) so i will post the results here!

:clap Well done Will, thats only a couple of days before my birthday! :)

My team played in an under-14 team, 40 overs a side

We just finished our season. I am a medium-fast bowler, and I took 26 wickets at 8 runs per wicket and with three runs per over. That was the best in the team, although not as good as it sounds because with our strong bowling attack and weak batting 100 is considered a good score. I also scored about 90 runs at an average of 8, which isn't too bad considering at the mid-point of the season my average was about 2.

My twin brother (he's in the same team as me) is a leg-spinner, had a good season with the ball, with 19 wickets at 9 apiece. He had the best strike-rate in the team, about 11, but he went for 5 runs an over, which definetely didn't help his wicket taking ambitions.

He had a dreadful season with the bat, scoring 30-odd runs at about 4

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread