Seam position

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
While bowling, I noticed that the ball in bottom left corner changes it seam position. Like in 1st 10-15 overs the ball's seam remains upright no matter which deliveries you bowl (of pacers of course). But after that sometime the ball's seam points toward the slips or pints towards the leg slip. Is this change in seam position affects anything? If yes, please explian. Thank you.

luhar_v

Club Cricketer
Rahul's ChainGang

Helloah
seam position depends on ur abilities.

any way to check it u change the bowler's seaming abil to 0 and try bowling. u ll notice no seam movement.so Its Important for bowling.

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
shan111 said:
While bowling, I noticed that the ball in bottom left corner changes it seam position. Like in 1st 10-15 overs the ball's seam remains upright no matter which deliveries you bowl (of pacers of course). But after that sometime the ball's seam points toward the slips or pints towards the leg slip. Is this change in seam position affects anything? If yes, please explian. Thank you.
Well spotted. I think it may represent the fact that the ball is new and is liable to bounce & seam a little more. After 10 / 15 overs it bounces and seams slightly less. I looked for this when playing a test match last night after reading your post.

This also struck me: Due to the "not being offered the new ball" bug, after 80 overs, I noticed the ball had reverted to the "seam up" position, and was bouncing and seaming as new again. This lasted for another 15 or so overs when it went back to the "angled seam". I'm wondering whether the new ball was taken without giving me a prompt - maybe saving the game or exiting and reloading causes the prompt not to appear - and the seam position changed to reflect this.

Edit: Not so sure about this now. Seam's just gone vertical with West Indies bowlers after about 50 overs. Not new ball related then...

luhar_v said:
Helloah
seam position depends on ur abilities.

any way to check it u change the bowler's seaming abil to 0 and try bowling. u ll notice no seam movement.so Its Important for bowling.
We're talking about the big picture next to the bowling speed meter in the bottom left corner where you set the amount of swing / seam, and not the actual ball that is bowled by the bowler.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread