Season 06/07 Ladder

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok due to stuff ups of a kinda silly system of season 06 we are going to use the system of the ING and Pura cups. Its quite easier then the old one and not as much to work out so the time i took to work out runs i can spend double checking this one.

LADDERS ARE FINALLY COMPLETE AND UP TO DATE. WILL BE UPDATED EACH WEEK.

odof3.gif

fcov8.jpg

This thread isnt part of the Preseason!

Lets start with the one day ladder (ING CUP LADDER)
Match Points:
Win = 4
N/R or Tie = 2
Loss: 0
Bonus Point: 1

One bonus point will be awarded to teams that achieve a run rate 1.25 times that of the opposition, with two bonus points awarded for to teams that double their opponents run rate.

Eg Scores:
Melbourne Bitters: 5/320 (46.2 Overs)
Defeated
Downright Donkeys: 2/319 (50 Overs)

So the Melbourne bitters would get the victory of 4 points but wouldnt get a bonus point.

TEST Ladder. (Similar to Ladder used in Pura Cup)
Match Points:
Won Outright: 6
Won First Innings: 2
N/R or Tie: 3
Loss: 0

Eg Scores:
Melbourne Bitters: 300 and 200
Defeated
Icc Supersoakers: 250 and 236

The Melbourne bitters would get only 2 points because they had more on first innings but lost on second innings but won the match.

This time there wont be miscalculations!

Last edited:

rickyp

International Coach
are those the actual pura cup things, it seems a little weird getting more points for a draw then 1st innings win

Brett_Lee

International Coach
rickyp said:
are those the actual pura cup things, it seems a little weird getting more points for a draw then 1st innings win
Yeah wen i read it off the site i thought that to and i was like ok but i thought i guess a draw is better then a win.

wats a quotient or whatever?

rickyp

International Coach
im not sure, but isnt it, you get 2 points for winning the 1st innings and then another 6 points for the win, this would make a LOT more sense

Brett_Lee

International Coach
rickyp said:
im not sure, but isnt it, you get 2 points for winning the 1st innings and then another 6 points for the win, this would make a LOT more sense
Well i thought of it as if you win on your 1st innings but lose in the end you still get 2 points for having first innings points as a draw is a higher ranking then losing all up and just winning on first innings or is it you win the match but only hav first innings pts yes thats it.

Final ANswer: winning the match but only having first innings points

Last edited:

brad352

Executive member
Brett_Lee said:
wats a quotient or whatever?
(Runs for/Wickets) / (Runs against/Wickets)

Nup

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Ummm.. there is no points for a draw in the pura cup. It's the 2 points for winning the first innings and then 4 points for the actual win, so the maximum you can get is 6 if you win the match and the first innings. The draw gives you nothing unless you won the first innings. If you win the match with first innings you get 6, if you win the match bu lose the first innings you win 4 points and if you lose the match with winning the first innings you get 2 points.

brad352

Executive member
aus5892 said:
Ummm.. there is no points for a draw in the pura cup. It's the 2 points for winning the first innings and then 4 points for the actual win, so the maximum you can get is 6 if you win the match and the first innings. The draw gives you nothing unless you won the first innings. If you win the match with first innings you get 6, if you win the match bu lose the first innings you win 4 points and if you lose the match with winning the first innings you get 2 points.
Outright wins give you 6 points regardless of the first innings result, if you look at the 2005/06 table Queensland have 34 points (5x6 for the outrights and 2x2 for innings wins) despite losing a first innings to Victoria in one of their outright wins.

squiz

International Coach
brad352 said:
Outright wins give you 6 points regardless of the first innings result, if you look at the 2005/06 table Queensland have 34 points (5x6 for the outrights and 2x2 for innings wins) despite losing a first innings to Victoria in one of their outright wins.
Correct Mr.Gartrell.

First innings points only really applies to the losing team or if the match is drawn.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
is the net run rate the difference between all the run rates they scored and the run rates the other teams have scored that they have played?

Ok i am going to change a couple of things in the FC ladder

KEY: P = Matches played; WO = matches won outright (6 pts); WI = matches otherwise won on first innings (2 pts); LO = matches lost outright (0 pts); LI = matches otherwise lost on first innings (0 pts); D or N/R = no result on first innings (0 pts); T = Tied match (3 pts).

That is the Pura cup key.

So a Draw or N/R is 0 but a Tied match is 3 so, that is what is going to be now

Last edited:

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Still confusing, set it out like this
eg:
FI = First Innings
Team P W L D T FI Pts
Melb Bitters 1 1 0 0 0 0 6
PC Rockers 1 0 0 1 0 1 2
Supersoakers 1 0 0 1 1 5
Indian Warriors 1 0 0 1 0 3
Downright Donkeys 1 0 0 1 0 0 0
Pakistani Legends 1 0 0 0 0 0 0

This way, a team wins to get 6 points, and if a team loses but wins the first innings points, it gets 2. Then the rest in regular, use the first innings as a sort of a bonus points, so there's no confusing outright, won on fi etc...

Brett_Lee

International Coach
i thought the only reason for the team to get 2 points is by getting a win but winning first innings and for the 6 they need to win outright? maybe someone can confirm. but if you are sure aus

Brett_Lee

International Coach
I get the pura cup system

Ok WIth the Net Run Rate can anyone confirm that the net run rate the difference between all the run rates they scored and the run rates the other teams have scored that they have played?

Users who are viewing this thread