IPL Season 8 General Discussion!!!

Predict the Runner-Up!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Just to mess around, but if SRK-GG are the rootcause of your dislike for KKR, then surely you should hate CSK and RR the most - they have/had insufferable wretches like Srinivasan, Meyiappan, that Vindoo guy and Raj Kundra associated with them :spy
All for the most part off-screen malcontents who while not all model citizens, aren't assholes in the traditional sense like Gambhir and SRK.

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
All for the most part off-screen malcontents who while not all model citizens, aren't assholes in the traditional sense like Gambhir and SRK.

Don't agree at all. GG comes across as a very sincere, passionate, albeit foul-mouthed cricketer. Same for SRK as an actor (replacing foul mouthed with arrogant).

But guys like Meiyappan and Srini and Kundra have proven to be the filth of this world, and are everything wrong there is with cricket.

Nikhil V

Banned
There's already a left arm bowler who's tied for 4th most wickets in the XI with 19 wickets and an economy rate 7.03? Maybe Dhoni prefers 3 spinners and 3 pace bowlers instead of 2 spinners and 4 pace bowlers?

I just can't understand this blind support of Irfan Pathan, what exactly has he done in the last 5 years?

Did some digging...

Irfan Pathan last season
0PhG0os.png

J3MkEAt.png

Mohit Sharma this season
pZjZRrp.png

NTqN4Ij.png

Further digging also suggests Pandey, Jadeja and Negi possess a better economy rate and average this season than Irfan Pathan did last season, which you can see for yourself here.

All that said, who the fearsome tweak is Ronit More?
Only Dhoni's worshipers will say Mohit is better than Irfan....

You know what? You are talking solely on the basis of the last season where Mohit was given plenty of chances while Irfan was not even bowling that much.

Last season Irfan was playing for SRH; so he didn't had much chance to perform with new ball where he is the best at...bowled most at the death overs so u are going to be dispatched for boundaries while MOHIT BOWLED MORE IN MID OVERS WHERE RUN SCORING RATE IS RELATIVELY LOW! Bravo was doing the death over jobs and still MOHIT HAD AN ECONOMY > 8!!! WHICH IS RIDICULUS!

And u are not even counting Irfan's batting ability which is far far farrrr better than Jadeja, Negi, Pandey and Mohit combined!!

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

You know what? You are talking solely on the basis of the last season where Mohit was given plenty of chances while Irfan was not even bowling that much.

Last season Irfan was playing for SRH; so he didn't had much chance to perform with new ball where he is the best at...bowled most at the death overs so u are going to be dispatched for boundaries while MOHIT BOWLED MORE IN MID OVERS WHERE RUN SCORING RATE IS RELATIVELY LOW! Bravo was doing the death over jobs and still MOHIT HAD AN ECONOMY > 8!!! WHICH IS RIDICULUS!

And u are not even counting Irfan's batting ability which is far far farrrr better than Jadeja, Negi, Pandey and Mohit combined!!
I agree with you. But Dhoni won't give him a chance.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Don't agree at all. GG comes across as a very sincere, passionate, albeit foul-mouthed cricketer. Same for SRK as an actor (replacing foul mouthed with arrogant).

But guys like Meiyappan and Srini and Kundra have proven to be the filth of this world, and are everything wrong there is with cricket.
Kohli has similar traits to Gambhir, but he doesn't come off as an asshole, probably because he backs it all up, and as far as SRK goes, it's not really his actor persona that bothers me, rather the obnoxious owner one.

I agree on Srini, but though I didn't follow the Meiyappan and Kundra investigation closely, as far as I'm aware, they gambled, albeit illegally, slap on the wrist offense to a resident of the western world like myself.
Or objective thinkers.
It was very clear I was comparing Irfan last season and Mohit this season, if we were to bring last season into this, Mohit finished it with the purple cap I believe.

Mohit last season
R0OLdVY.png

Economy is high, yes, but the next best economy rate with 15+ wickets was Sandeep Sharma with 8.81 and Mitchell Johnson with 8.29 followed by Varun Aaron with 8.15.
Conveniently ignoring the fact that Mohit was bowling in the death from the other end?
Because Negi, Pandey and Mohit aren't all-rounders? And for whatever ill conceived reason you keep bunching in 2 spinners, Jadeja and Negi into this as though they're directly competing with Irfan for a place, Irfan's competition in the side are Bravo, Nehra and Mohit, of which he isn't better than any.

There's a balance to having 3 spinners and 3 pacers of which 2 are all-rounders, Bravo and Jadeja, who is a tweaking spinner. Only way Irfan gets in the side is if Bravo is injured and we bring in Badree, swap out Negi for Irfan, thus retaining the 3 spinners/3 pacers balance.

Last edited:

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
This doesn't seem like a RCB pitch where they can smash sixes at their will. Need to rotate the strike, 160 would be a very good score.

e: AB received a tough call there. Pitched inches outside leg.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
WOW!! One atrocious decision that! Only Ravi Shastri could have advocated on behalf of the umpire there! Idiot!

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Why is Jadeja bowling here, Bravo's got 3 overs, Mohit and Nehra with 1 each... :facepalm

Nikhil V

Banned
Kohli has similar traits to Gambhir, but he doesn't come off as an asshole, and as far as SRK goes, it's not really his actor persona that bothers me, rather the obnoxious owner.

I agree on Srini, but though I didn't follow the Meiyappan and Kundra investigation closely, as far as I'm aware, they gambled, albeit illegally, slap on the wrist offense to a resident of the western world like myself.

Or objective thinkers.

It was very clear I was comparing Irfan last season and Mohit this season, if we were to bring last season into this, Mohit finished it with the purple cap I believe.

Mohit last season
R0OLdVY.png

Economy is high, yes, but the next best economy rate with 15+ wickets was Sandeep Sharma with 8.81 and Mitchell Johnson with 8.29 followed by Varun Aaron with 8.15.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that Mohit was bowling in the death from the other end?

Because Negi, Pandey and Mohit aren't all-rounders? And for whatever ill conceived reason you keep bunching in 2 spinners, Jadeja and Negi into this as though they're directly competing with Irfan for a place, Irfan's competition in the side are Bravo, Nehra and Mohit, of which he isn't better than any.

There's a balance to having 3 spinners and 3 pacers of which 2 are all-rounders, Bravo and Jadeja, who is a tweaking spinner. Only way Irfan gets in the side is if Bravo is injured and we bring in Badree, swap out Negi for Irfan, thus retaining the 3 spinners/3 pacers balance.
What ever u say can justify a talent player like Irfan not getting atleast 1 match this season????? What CAN JUSTIFY THAT!!!!MOHIT WAS GIVE WAY WAYYYYY TOO MUCH OPPORTUNITY THIS SEASON HE BE BEING SMASHED FOR BOUNDARIES ALL THE TIME!!!!JADEJA TOO!!!

THAT'S because they too are Dhoni's ass kissers just like u!

Epic

Panel of Selectors
What ever u say can justify a talent player like Irfan not getting atleast 1 match this season????? What CAN JUSTIFY THAT!!!!MOHIT WAS GIVE WAY WAYYYYY TOO MUCH OPPORTUNITY THIS SEASON HE BE BEING SMASHED FOR BOUNDARIES ALL THE TIME!!!!JADEJA TOO!!!

THAT'S because they too are Dhoni's ass kissers just like u!
This is where you are wrong, you assume Irfan is still a player of talent, I advice you to crawl out of the mid-2000s.

Jadeja this season
gF9VGhu.png

3guZ0U6.png

That's getting smashed for boundaries in Test cricket maybe?

Pandey this season
gF9VGhu.png

mhJhkio.png

If anyone should be replacing Mohit, it's Pandey.

A real shame you couldn't back up your argument with facts of any kind though, but I expected nothing more from you than subjective blabber with a few elementary school level insults.

Last edited:

Nikhil V

Banned
This is where you are wrong, you assume Irfan is still a player of talent, I advice you to crawl out of the mid-2000s.

Jadeja this season
gF9VGhu.png

3guZ0U6.png

That's getting smashed for boundaries in Test cricket maybe?

Pandey this season
gF9VGhu.png

mhJhkio.png

If anyone should be replacing Mohit, it's Pandey.

A real shame you couldn't back up your argument with facts of any kind though, but I expected nothing more from you than subjective blabber with a few elementary school level insults.
I expect nothing other than some rubbish garbage arguments just like ur idol Dhoni...u keep kissing his foot and hail down for him praising him to the sky....Everyone knows Dhoni is the one who destroyed the careers of
Yuvi, Sehwag, Gambhir, Bhaji, Irfan, and more.....
Dhoni gets every senior player out of the team because for not losing his captaincy.
He is not a cricket he is more of a politician...

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I expect nothing other than some rubbish garbage arguments just like ur idol Dhoni...u keep kissing his foot and hail down for him praising him to the sky....Everyone knows Dhoni is the one who destroyed the careers of
Yuvi, Sehwag, Gambhir, Bhaji, Irfan, and more.....
Dhoni gets every senior player out of the team because for not losing his captaincy.
He is not a cricket he is more of a politician...
He gets every senior player out of the team to not lose his captaincy, then retires and surrenders his captaincy to Kohli midway through a Test series at the age of 33 because he knows playing that 1 extra game is pointless and would provide much needed experience to a new captain who needs it? Then we have 5 the aforementioned individuals - Yuvi, Sehwag, Gambhir, Bhaji and Irfan, all of whom destroyed their careers on their own and when rightly ousted, get their fanboys such as yourself to do their bidding. Nostalgia doesn't win you cricket matches, or anything at all for that matter.

If you've proven me anything with substantial evidence, it's that this was never about Irfan, but rather Dhoni all along and those garbage arguments, keep them coming, I'll just keep wrecking you.

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
with the exception of yuvi, all of them are a spent force[DOUBLEPOST=1432357209][/DOUBLEPOST]yuvi if he buckles down FC a bit can get back into the team

Users who are viewing this thread