IPL Season 8 General Discussion!!!

Predict the Runner-Up!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SRH vs MI is now a knockout! I have a feeling it is going to be MI but I wish it is SRH.

It's either RR or RCB this season. Also it would be nice to see SRH in the playoffs for a change rather then MI.
You are a CSK fan, how can't you feel for us.

Crap o Crap! Predictions have absolutely not worked this time. Due to that rain and the no result, RCB cannot finish second because no of wins takes precedence over NRR. Which means, the winner of the SRH vs MI match (currently it looks hugely in favor of MI) will be No.2 and will face CSK in the first Qualifier. If it is MI, it is a dream comeback to lose 5 games in a row at the start and then end up being No.2 in the table. Whoa!

But CSK should be worried now if they face MI at Wankhede. MI is the only team that has had equal wood over CSK across IPL's, and more so in their home ground Wankhede. CSK beat MI this season at Wankhede, but MI returned the favor by beating us in Chepauk. These two teams are IPL's bitter rivals purely based on the intensity of their clashes on field (no spicy political rivalry or anything to spruce it up).

So , it looks like it is going to be MI vs CSK at the Wankhede.
MI has never beaten CSK in the qualifiers/eliminators.
Hoping for a better result this time around.

What a shocking performance by SRH. Sad to see it end like this, but they don't deserve anything after that match. Dale Steyn was the only reason they even managed to save a bit of face and at least limp to a 100 score.

they certainly need some quality batsman, its too dependent on warner and dhawan to come good in all matches

My feelings and dreams came true. Hopefully it'll be a cracket on Tuesday.

Well,I was hoping Mumbai to atleast be up there at 4,but due to good luck there are at 2nd place.Now they have a dual chance to qualify.Match against Chennai would be tough but a win for them is not impossible.

Anyone else think NRR should come before wins? RCB having a much higher NRR than MI shows they've been a lot more dominant in the games they've played.

Anyone else think NRR should come before wins? RCB having a much higher NRR than MI shows they've been a lot more dominant in the games they've played.
But had they failed rain curtailed matches they would have been below Mumbai.I think its better we look who win more games than looking at NRR because a win is a win no matter what the margin is,NRR should be something like a tie breaker when too teams are alike in all manners.

Absolutely not. A win is a win. And while wins in close encounters dont boost they NRR, they test the team's temperament and their skills under pressure - which is the toughest skill of all

Neither method is perfect, but rain-affected matches (among other factors) impact both NRR and number of wins. NRR doesn't always tell the entire story and washouts in a 14 match season will screw teams if wins are used. I'd be in favour of a bonus point system like in county cricket where you have a fixed number of points for a win/draw/NR and extra points awarded for reaching specified batting/bowling milestones. This would obviously make things a bit more complicated, but it'd probably produce the best results most of the time.

I also think the Super Over is completely unnecessary in the league stage. If the game is tied, the points table should reflect that. Super Overs are supposed to be the equivalent of extra time in football, not some American-style overtime abomination.

Last edited:
Personally my thoughts was NRR should be used. RCB got the 2 points from their 2 no results and that's the whole idea of giving a single point for it. In the long run their NRR shows they beat teams more conclusively in the games they played which to me should be the first judge after points.

Personally my thoughts was NRR should be used. RCB got the 2 points from their 2 no results and that's the whole idea of giving a single point for it. In the long run their NRR shows they beat teams more conclusively in the games they played which to me should be the first judge after points.
IF THEY'D LOST both the matches then they hadn't got a point so it's better than not getting a point.

IF THEY'D LOST both the matches then they hadn't got a point so it's better than not getting a point.

The point is though they didn't, it slightly denies the point of getting a point for a NR if it's not worth as much as any other point.

Users who are viewing this thread