IPL Season 8 General Discussion!!!

Predict the Runner-Up!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still feel we'll finish second behind CSK.

A great match and an unbelievable last over from Pollard.Never thought Chawla was that bad with the bat.Also Pandhya is proving his talent with the bat again and again.

Some equations:
SRH - RCB
RR - KKR
KXIP - CSK
RCB - DD
SRH - MI
table would be somewhat:
CSK
MI
SRH
RR
RCB
KKR
DD
KXIP

the table looks absolutely ridiculous right now .. don't think it has ever been this close. I am finally excited for this IPL - this weekend will be awesome

Am I the only one who thinks that a 6 over chase of an 11 over innings is a bit of a joke?... I don't even know what else to call that.

Revised equations:
SRH - RCB
RR - KKR
KXIP - CSK
RCB - DD
SRH - MI
table would be somewhat:
CSK 14-9-5
MI 14-8-6
RR 14-7-5-2
RCB 14-7-6-1
KKR 14-7-6-1
SRH 14-7-7
DD 14-6-8
KXIP 14-3-11

The table looks ridiculous. Anybody can be in that top four now. From a CSK perspective, a loss to KXIP in tomorrow's game will very likely lead them to lose that Top 2 spot. And KXIP in a T20 game cannot be taken lightly. And they play in Mohali. KXIP would want to sign off their dismal campaign with a win and possibly spoil CSK's party. I wouldn't be surprised to see KXIP beat CSK.

Personal preference:
CSK
RCB
RR
SRH

That would be my preferred 4 too, as I feel their quality of play throughout the season was best, despite some results going against them. I also think those are the most interesting four teams in terms of players.

CSK ends up No.1 in the table and ensures a dual opportunity to reach final. Last time they did it, they won it in Qualifer 1 itself and reached final and went on to win the trophy! Can they do it again?

Backing RR today. Strong hints from the remaining games left that RCB will face CSK at Wankhede for the first Qualifier. They have a way better NRR and if both RCB and KKR end up on 17 pts, RCB will be ahead on NRR. Hoping however that RR win today and keep themselves alive.

Edit: RR on the verge of a victory and a spot in the playoffs! KKR in massive trouble. If they lose here, they need to pray for RCB to lose by more than 100 runs against Delhi Daredevils.

Last edited:
KKR is out!

Its a simple scenario for us to play in front of our home crowd on 19th and have dual chance of qualfying.
DD to beat RCB and MI beat SRH!

Delighted to see RR make the playoffs this year. Gutsy resistance from Umesh Yadav at the end, but RR probably should have won by more if it weren't for so many unforced errors.

It's either RR or RCB this season. Also it would be nice to see SRH in the playoffs for a change rather then MI.

Users who are viewing this thread