Seasons Report

loggy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is a thread to report how your seasons have gone. It will be interesting to share experiences on this game, to see who gets better, worse etc. Sorry if this has been done.

Only in my first season with Kent. 3rd in National League and 5th in Championship, quite an average season. Van Jaarsveld equalled his top score with 238, he is batting well. Does anyone know if any more research has been done with the Koplak bug. I read somewhere they got rid of kemp, and they still had 2 overseas because of van jaaarsveld. Anyway, I will report at end of the season with signings!

Finished my season now, finished 2nd in National League (Promotion) and 5th in County Championship. Van Jaarsveld top scored with about 1200 runs, which isn't a great deal. Saggers was leading wicket taker with 59 (poor).
Got rid of Van Jaarsveld and Hall (Test Duty) and signed only Brett Lee. Hoping for a better season next year.

Started with Lancs and yet to win anything!!! Last Season I got 2nd in CC and 2nd In the National league and got to the Finals in the Challenge Trophy but Stupid hampshire won that and the CC by 1 point!

Playing as Warwickshire

Season 1 - Championship Div 1 2nd (pipped at the post in the last game
National Leage Div 2 3rd - Promotion

Signed Adam Gilchrist to replace Streak and Pretorias (streak unavailable, pretorias rubbish)

Season 2 - Championship Div 1 1st (only lost 1 game, to Sussex, all season)
National League Div 1 1st (won as newly promoted side to do the double.

Warning DO NOT SIGN ADAM GILCHRIST, he only scored 1 championship century, av 28, and no one-day centuries, av 32.

Offered England Captaincy for 2006/7 Ashes tour.

Won Ashes 2-0 superb batting by Trescothick, Strauss, Pietersen, Bell and Thorpe key factor.

About to start the 1 day competition

Lol stupid hampshire? :p

I havent been doing to good with gloucestershire until the 2007 season! Just got promoted in both :D

Unfortunately I am currently stuck hammering skip match in the hope I soon again am offered the chance to give up the England job as my Middlesex team continues to flop without me picking them :( Fair enough they're top of the national league, but relegation from the County Championship is not what I had in store for this season.

I likewise won the Ashes, 3-0 with Strauss, Tresco, and Geraint in superb form throughout, beat New Zealand in the final of the triangular with the Aussies nowhere to be seen, and then were beaten finalists in the final of the World Cup. Since then unfortunately I have no interest in England as they very quickly get boring and am desperate for a way to either get sacked or the chance to continue the work at Middlesex.

Thinking that perhaps a "resign" button somewhere would not have gone amiss. (note to anyone who's about to start the 2007 season as England, if you prefer the day to day of county life, do not keep the job ;) )

Skip match was turning out to be farcical, so for now I'm setting every batsman to aggressive, highlights off and hammering the next over button, it's almost just like watching the old England, one or two great partnerships and plenty of massive collapses :D

Im 3 quarters through my first season with Derbyshire which in my mind is the biggest domestic challenge! Whilst having a good batting line-up, the bowling is manure. Hence we're 3rd bottom of the championship as taking 20 wickets is an incredible feat with such a team. Second in the one-day league though and reached Qf of the 20 20. Biggest success is Hasan Adnan - over 100 runs at an average of 60 with 3 hundreds and 8 fifties - gonna be a hard choice whether to replace him with another overseas player especially with my complete lack of bowling!

WHoo I won the 20twenty cup! came second in CC and National League and tied Challege trophy too bad Sussex had a higher rate... Stupid Sussex won CC, national league and Challenge trophy!

its annoying cos im playing for hampshire but i dont want england season, can i skip the england part?

Yeah, I'm taking England in the 2007 world cup and Warwickshire are doing absolute rubbish in the championship!

Played a few matches at the start of season 2. Played Somerset and won by an innings, Brett Lee taking 7-76 in the first innings. Played Sussex in Natioanl League and won easily, Brett taking 5-32. Just Played Berkshire in Challenge and won convincingly, bowling them out for 164 and knocking them off in 30 overs.

You have to wait until the end of the season at which stage it will ask you again if you want to captain England, and you will say "cancel" :) Unfortunately no way to resign whilst in the middle of the season or tour.

Although I suppose if Vaughan or Ponting resigned now before the final test it would be highly unorthodox :P

Users who are viewing this thread