Seasons Report

End of my first season with Kent

Finished low in both divs., just avoiding relegation in county championship.

Martin Van Jaarsveld 1754, Saggers 58

Van Jaarsveld left with Hall for test duty, so i retained Kemp and signed Shane Bond who is taking many wickets.

Update you on season 2 later

I wll start a new season with Hampshire..Because Lancs are getting boring....

Ill update as i go..

lol i cahnge my mind ill stick with Lancs...:p

End of second season....

4th in the national league and 5th in the county championship. Got offered the England job, but turned it down, that's for next year!

Dave Fulton top run scorer for Kent and the best aggregate for the league 1651, Shane Bond 66 wickets, Justin Kemp BB 7/51

THis year i havnt retained Kemp, but would reccomend him to anyone, i got a lot of youth through, and signed Michael Clarke who has made 99 and 44* in his first game, i retained Bond, but annoyingly, he is on international duty :(

So when players go on international duty if they are your overseas players do you get to replace them?

Just finished my 3rd season as Hampshire with a clean sweep of all the trophies. D Hussey got top individual score (473*) and most runs in a season (1600) in only 8 matches having missed a big chunk of the season with the WC and injuries.
Mascerhenas was top wicket taker with 60 with S Watson, R Logan and C Tremlett all taking 50+ wickets.
Hussey also scored over 1000 one day runs including having an average of 170 after the 20/20 group stages where he hit 2 centuries and numerous not out scores in the 80s.

Start of the 2008 season my current line up is.
M Brown
M Wood
D Hussey (Overseas)
K Pietersen
N Pothas (k)
S Ervine (c)
A Mascerenhas
C Tremlett
J Treadwell
S Mahmood
K Weeratne (Overseas)

J Crawley
I Sutcliffe
W Weston
C Spearman
S Hughes
A Loudon
G Keedy
R Logan
N Saker

I am just completing my 2012 season having dominated since 2008 with every title going each year. A Pakistani chap called Usman Tariq has been a star since Afridi buggered off 3 years ago getting better each year with this year his best yet. Over 1000 runs in the county game and over 65 wickets in both forms of the game have made him vital.

Top scores of 283, best figures of 7-71 and in the OD format 9-32 have made him a star. This season I tried something slightly different by signing another spinner as my overseas player, and the lad Wahid managed 77 wickets before his injury, allowing me to always prepare a spinners wicket and leave the spinners to bowl vast portions of days (Tariq is a leggie, Wahid an offie).

All in all it's been a golden era for Middlesex, although in the next season or two I will be attempting to bring in some talented youngsters and begin building a side for the future.

Briggsey said:
So when players go on international duty if they are your overseas players do you get to replace them?

Not that i know of, but if it's possible i would love to know!

my 2008 season with hamp was amazing...i won nat league,20/20,callenge trophy and ame 2nd in County Champ only coz i kept skipping FC matches...Afridi was good for me and Watson was bril but now i got Saqi and Tendulkar..

My team

E.Smith
S.Tendulkar
J.Crawley
K.Pietersen
Ervine
Blackwell
Read
Tremlett
K.ALi
S.Mushtaq

and loads of good ones

half way through second season with kent. A mixed season, currently first in county champ 1 played 8 won 5 drawn 3 lost 0, but 5th in National League 1. Lee is not that impressive, despite his start (7 wickets). Just knocked out of 20/20 quarter final and out of challenge. Key has just beaten his highest score with a 236, I think this is MY highest of all time now. Anyway, on with the season. By the way, who is this Tariq. What nationality and what season does he become good.

puddleduck said:
I am just completing my 2012 season having dominated since 2008 A Pakistani chap called Usman Tariq has been a star since Afridi buggered off 3 years ago getting better each year with this year his best yet.

Hope that helps ;)

I am about to finish my season with surrey, will post records, details. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread