Seasons Report

Just finished season 3, just survived the drop from county and came 4th in National League. Had Ponting and Hayden, each scored 1000 runs, but Fulton got the leading runs for me with 1194. Saggers got 90 wickets, but no one else really contributed. Have signed Mustaq and Oram for the 4th Season, so hopefully I will be able to take a few more wickets

Playing as Kent, I won the Challenge Trophy, my leading run scorer was Van Jaarsveld, and Kemp was my leading wicket taker, with 62. And I will tell you who I have brought next season, Maybe Katich. :cool: ;)

point of that? well actually you do BRING them to your team, so it doesn't matter either way.....

i m in my 1st season with yorkshire n have won 5 outt 6 FC matches. i lead the county championship tables but m 5th in national league.i m strugglin to win one day games. phil jacques is my top run getter so far n chris silverwood is my top wkt taker.any idea when will i be asked to lead england?

edenkor said:
Bought mate, not brought
Oh, and you have never made a spelling mistake in your life? Congratulations, Mr Perfect.

I've just finished my first season with Nottinghamshire. I won the County Championship, National League and Challenge Trophy and got to the semi final in the Twenty20. Fleming and Hussey were in great form all season so I decided to retain them. I only made one signing which was Usman Afzaal from Northamptonshire. I'm hoping for another good season.

satishmania said:
i m in my 1st season with yorkshire n have won 5 outt 6 FC matches. i lead the county championship tables but m 5th in national league.i m strugglin to win one day games. phil jacques is my top run getter so far n chris silverwood is my top wkt taker.any idea when will i be asked to lead england?
You wont be asked after the first season with Yorkshire as your in divsion two of both leagues, get promoted to the top tier of both and then do well and you will be asked at the end of one of the seasons. I got asked with Yorkshire after the second season but turned it down.

You can see how im going in my first season by looking at my story thread!!1

Cheap Plug!!!

I have a really good side at Yorkshire, I've won the county championship two years running and went last year unbeaten. I haven't had as much luck in the one-day game, though I did win the 2020 Cup a few years back. Unfortunately I've just lost my overseas players from last year, Jacques and Watson, to international duty, so I brought in Virender Sehwag and Shahid Afridi.

My team:
M Vaughan (capt)
V Sehwag
S Ervine
J Sayers
M Lumb
M Prior
S Afridi
C Tremlett
R Johnson
R Dawson
M Hoggard

And for backup I have:
M Wood
R Pyrah
H Burns (youth player, looks promising)
G Brophy
S Guy
A McGrath
J Lewis
Some other youth player, RFM bowler, I can't remember his name...

Bantamtim, wouldnt happen to be a Bradford fan would you :D Nice team you have there too mate.

Briggsey said:
Bantamtim, wouldnt happen to be a Bradford fan would you :D Nice team you have there too mate.
Wow, how on earth did you guess that? :p

stevie said:
My first season completed with Gloucestershire results in double relegation :( No batsman averaged over 40 and no bowler took more than 40 wickets!

Update from my game:

Season 2 was better, gaining promotion from CC2, finishing 2nd. Finished mid-table in NL2, just don't mention the Challenge Trophy and Twenty20. Shane Watson took 68 wickets @ 21 (missed several matches through injury) and averaged about 80 with the bat.

Season 3 was a bad one, relegated from CC1, finishing bottom, mainly due to a lack of quality bowlers. Again, don't mention the Challenge Trophy, did manage to get to the quarter-finals of the Twenty20.

Season 4 has potential, that's all I say for now!

Who said the glory days of Yorkshire were over? I just rampaged to the titles in both one day and 4 day cricket and only lost 3 games in the process in my third season!!! Jaques Kallis!!! What a superstar, definately player of the season for me and I hope and prey he is available for next season because he was quality! 2 double centuries (which seemed to enspire Wood and Sayers to hit them too!) and an amazing batting season on the whole from the South African, who would have probably got 2000 runs for the season if not for the World Cup at the start of the season which forced him to miss some games as he helped his country win the World Cup! Whats next for Yorkshire? Who knows!!

countytable7xx.jpg

nltable1ed.jpg

seasonstats3md.jpg

kallisplayerofseason1yx.jpg

Nothing close about those titles! How did you do in the C & G and the Twenty20?

Users who are viewing this thread