Seasons Report

Liam Williams said:
Nothing close about those titles! How did you do in the C & G and the Twenty20?
Absolute pants! Knocked out in the Quater Finals of C&G and for the third season in a row failed to make it past the group stages of Twenty20!!! Fourth Season looks promising, Kallis was on international duty so couldnt retain him but retained Ntini who was very good at some stages last season, and signed an Indian by the name of Rao who is averaging 45 in first class and 40 in one day cricket and he's only 26 so we'll see how he does!!

First person to notice something strange about those screenshots gets some rep from me!!

Just started my first season with Derbyshire won my first game but thats as far i have got at the mo good games from Di Venuto, Moss, Bryant, Hunter and Lungley the others had either a poor match or average

Steve Moore said:
Michael Vaughan best figures in inns
Yep! believe it or not, Vaughnie picked up 18 wickets in the final 2 games of the season, 9 in each game!!!!

jhnnyby000 said:
Just started my first season with Derbyshire won my first game but thats as far i have got at the mo good games from Di Venuto, Moss, Bryant, Hunter and Lungley the others had either a poor match or average
Do you play Hasan Adnan in your team? Everytime ive played against him he's torn my team apart!!

Briggsey said:
Yep! believe it or not, Vaughnie picked up 18 wickets in the final 2 games of the season, 9 in each game!!!!

Do you play Hasan Adnan in your team? Everytime ive played against him he's torn my team apart!!

Yep played him in my match got 11 runs in total gonna give a couple of matches to prove himself as i beleive he could rip teams apart
Gonna pick where i left off later as ive had things to sort out

jhnnyby000 said:
Yep played him in my match got 11 runs in total gonna give a couple of matches to prove himself as i beleive he could rip teams apart
Gonna pick where i left off later as ive had things to sort out

Just finished my first season with Derbyshire
Come 5th in the championship bottom in the National League (if it was the other way round it would of been the same as this season lol)
Kept in Hasan Hadan and he finished with
1227 runs @ 49.08 with 3 centuries and 10 halfs HS 151 from 16 games and 30 innings with 5 NO
882 @55.12 with 8 halfs from 29 matches and 25 innings with 9 NO
Also the others that had good seasons
Di Venuto
1876 @ 62.53 with 7 centures and 8 halfs HS 193 from 16 matches 32 innings
with 2 NO
1068 @ 50.86 with 1 century and 8 halfs HS 154 NO from 28 matches and 28 innings with 7 NO
Bryant
1684 @ 62.37 with 8 centuries and 5 halfs HS 146 fom 16 matches and 32 innings with 5 NO
1357 @ 54.28 with 1 century and 13 half HS 128 from 29 matches 29 innings with 4 NO
Also in Bowling terms was
Botha
74 wickets @ 28.85 with 5 5 fer and 1 10 fer with a best of 8-175 from 14 matches
14 wickets @ 31.14 with a best of 3-50 from 14 matches
P.S First Class Averages first National League second

4 players doing well out of 11 is probably the main reason why you didnt do better in the first season! Try and get some decent players in before the next season starts, I reccomend Kumble or Kallis if you can for overseas players, but if not see who has been released by the counties!

In my first game of the 2008 season, two of my new signings Chris Read and Paul Collingwood both hit centuries and my overseas player Rao got 82 and we beat Middlesex by an innings and 80 runs so it shows if you get the right players in you can do well!!

Briggsey said:
4 players doing well out of 11 is probably the main reason why you didnt do better in the first season! Try and get some decent players in before the next season starts, I reccomend Kumble or Kallis if you can for overseas players, but if not see who has been released by the counties!

In my first game of the 2008 season, two of my new signings Chris Read and Paul Collingwood both hit centuries and my overseas player Rao got 82 and we beat Middlesex by an innings and 80 runs so it shows if you get the right players in you can do well!!

Ddint have enough budget but just finished my second season and it was alot better we won the second div just by 3 points and came 7 in the National League the bowling was alot better aswell which is was main reasons we got promotion

I will start another season, my first, with Somerset, I will tell you how I did at the end of the season.

I completed my season as Somerset, I won the Challenge Trophy. I signed Mark Butcher, Brett Lee and Shuan Tait for my next season.

You finsihed a season in a day????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread