Sep 27 - England v West Indies

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thank God they put Bairstow out of his misery. Painful to watch.

D

Dutch

England are pathetic. It is just awful to watch from all fronts. Awful. We are the worst Twenty20 team possible. Our own spinners look like shite and their spinners have us dancing about like wild rabbits. Pathetic innings from Bairstow, really pathetic.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Bairstow's innings might have just cost England the game here, Morgan is killing it, bit too late though.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Hales has been really good, but I think we could have done with him being run out just now, the guy just looks like he has nothing left.

D

Dutch

England were never really in it. Kieswetter is having a nightmare, Bairstow is about as much use as Trott in this format....Board said we had terrifying talent.....yeah you are right.....shocking, truly shocking.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
West Indies beat England there... West Indies look good enough to be one of the teams to qualify for the semis (from this group). I think Sri Lanka could be that second team since its home conditions for them, and they have started off with a victory. If Sri Lanka win one more game, they most likely will be assured a semis spot. I won't be surprised if both the winners today enter the semifinals.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thank God for AC13 announcement so Englands T20 world cup defence demise can slide into the background :facepalm

War

Chairman of Selectors
Bring back KP.

Otherwise i don't think England played badly. Given the way Morgan was going at the end, if Sammy had bowled Bravo or Russell i reckon England would have chased down that target.

So smart captaincy from Sammy to utilize all his slow bowling options.

But now that teams will certainly try to expose England's weakness vs spin for the remainder of the super eights, once more i must say England have missed a trick by not picking Owais Shah. With or without KP in the team, his ability to not get stuck vs spin would have been extremely valuable right now.

D

Dutch

Bring back KP.

Otherwise i don't think England played badly. Given the way Morgan was going at the end, if Sammy had bowled Bravo or Russell i reckon England would have chased down that target.

So smart captaincy from Sammy to utilize all his slow bowling options.

But now that teams will certainly try to expose England's weakness vs spin for the remainder of the super eights, once more i must say England have missed a trick by not picking Owais Shah. With or without KP in the team, his ability to not get stuck vs spin would have been extremely valuable right now.

Good point about Shah. I have never really understood why he has been left out in the cold and someone like Bairstow is shoved in there to try his luck. There is just no consistency from England, no idea what to do to win this kind of cricket. Lets face it, we may have invented Twenty20 but we certainly havent adapted to it yet. Yes we won two years ago but even then a lot of the obvious flaws in our team got papered over. Whether we like it or not we neeed our top players playing IPL, Big Bash and the like. The domestic English Twenty20 is just not the right environment to become a consistently good player.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Bairstow is unfortunately clueless against spin just as Buttler is like a rabbit in headlights against world class bowling. An international 20-20 tournament isn't really the place to learn, but since both will clearly be going to India at least they'll be arriving having had some harsh lessons.

Bairstow's innings pretty much cost England the game. Reminded me of a Sunday friendly game where the other team has some guy batting up the order who can't get the ball off the square. You just hope they don't get out so the runs stay dried up.

Let's be honest, if you're going at a SR of just above 50 in 20-20, you should probably just walk.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
At least wait for us to get knocked out of the tournament before calling everyone rubbish. The way I look at it today, we made probably two mistakes, both of which were by the management:

1) We didn't go in with 5 bowlers, but 4 and Patel. I'm not saying that Briggs would be guarenteed to go for less runs, but he's a much better bowler than Patel.

2) Morgan batting too low. Sure, Bairstow didn't look good, but it was obviously a lack of faith in Morgan that the management didn't feel he'd survive the early overs, which perhaps cost us in this match.

Still though, two games to go and I'd love it if some of the players under fire proved everybody wrong and pulled off a win or two. Even Samit Patel. :)

Users who are viewing this thread