Shane Bond retires from all cricket

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Just announced on the radio over here that Shane Bond is going to announce his retirement from all cricket.

Found the article.
Black Caps fast bowler Shane Bond has announced his retirement from all cricket today.

Bond made the announcement this morning as he arrived home in Christchurch from the Twenty20 World Cup in the West Indies.

Bond said that he would not comprise his own standards that he believed were required to be successful to combat the intensity of International cricket .

Shane Bond retires from all cricket | Stuff.co.nz

Shame to see as he was still NZ best bowler in the ODI and T20. Thought he might go for one more World Cup before going.

Im guessing this means he will not be in the tour to Miami :(

Any word on whether or not he will play domestic cricket still?

Korbo Lorbo Jeethbo contract has come to an end, so its upto him whether he wants to play IPL or not.

But I want him to play some IPL stuffs!

Dammit. Just when the NZ attack looked half decent with Bond backing Vettori. We lose yet another quality bowler!

Maybe he'll be back for the WC next year. He's done it before...

Awww this is annoying. Our pace attack will suck now. :(

I'll miss Bondy. My favorite player. Without doubt one of the best fast bowlers in the last decade and probably woulda been the best easily if not for so many injuries. Also a true role model, gave 100% and was always playing in the spirit of the game. Never getting into any controversy and on field antics.

I thought this might happen now or at very best he was going to go til the ODI World Cup. I don't blame him for going out now. It's better to quit on your own terms than to wait til the next injury.

Cheers Shane. You're a legend.

I could see it coming, it's really tough for a 35 year to charge in every delivery and bowl @ 140+ kph. Great player, he'll be missed for sure.

bad news, he is one of the best bowlers in world cricket. i still remember his first series in australia.

:( Disappointing news, but well done on your outstanding injury fulled career Shane!
As Khalek said, it must be very difficult for an old fella to continue to give his best after all the injuries he's had and with a metal back!
Southee and Mills our spearheads! :facepalm

Damn ████.
He'll be missed a lot man. He was always a enjoying player, one of my favourites.
Would like to see him in IPL.

Yeah! I'll miss him a lot. He is one of my favourite bowlers. I was eagerly waiting for him to come back from ICL. And now he has come back, he is gone again... forever!

One of the best genuine pacers of all time. Only if he had played more, his career would have emulated the likes of Marshall and Waqar. His ability to inswing the new ball was amazing and unmatched. I will miss watching him bowl. :hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread