Story Sharjah Twenty20 cup [Aus, SA, Pak c2005] SPONSORED BY PUKKA PIES

GrayNicolls said:
This is a good story. Mohammad Yousuf bowling...interesting...

The problem is i'm looking for an AI patch to suit 2020's. The cpu either gets 50 all out or 300. Which isn't that reaistic.

Boss' version 7 actually has a file for 20-20s it works for me

I have to get BLIC for computer or something. The stories will be so much better and all the available updates is pretty incredible too.

manee said:
Boss' version 7 actually has a file for 20-20s it works for me
same for me manee!

that's what i used for my story and will use again in my 20/20 championship!

Sharjah Twenty20 Cup Match 2 update:
MARTYN AND PONTING SET COMPETITIVE TOTAL ON TOUGH PITCH

Australia were bundled out for 134 off 17.2 overs on a tough dusty pitch at Sharjah. Damien Martyn top scored with 48 and Ponting backing him up with 33.

Teams and conditions:

Pakistan won the toss and bowled on a hot night at Sharjah, with a dusty pitch that was starting to break up and could aid Brad Hogg when Australia bowl. Surprising Pakistan went with only Afridi as the lone spinner. Shoaib Akhtar got Pakistan off to a great start removing Katich (sliced to mid-off) and Gilchrist (inside edge to short fine leg) in the first over. Ponting struck back in the second over hitting Asif into the thired pie stall.

Left: Pakistan celebrate picking up Gilly. Right: Punter might win the golden pie for the biggest shot. Inzi for the biggest ****.

Ponting and Martyn put on a decent partnership of 46 before Ponting nicked a cover drive straight to Asif at 5th slip. Clarke followed 2 balls later bowled because my keyboard is too slow and he didn't react to the ball. Symonds came in and struggled to score runs, eventualy succumbin to Razzaq in the 10th over. Martyn and Hussey put on another decent partnership after that.

Left: Punter disapointed after getting out Right: Martyn searches for the gaps - and the pies.

Hussey was the next to go for 18 because I pressed D instead of S so he got ran out. Brad Hogg went next ball LBW for a golden duck to Razzaq. Martyn was then ran out for 48 because I against pressed D by mistake to end a brilliant innings. Lee was bowled by a yorker soon after and Stuart Clark was ranout when I pressed D again by mistake for a stunning, brave, heart pounding 3.

Left: Razzaq gets the crowd going with a rendition of Land of Hope and Glory. Right: I ran out of screenies so heres Martyn again.
Below: Scorecards.

That's a darn shame! But still, I hope this story turns out to be a worthy successor to Tassie's story.

Quick update on the tables: (Teams level on points seperated by records against eachother)
P W L
South Africa 1 1 0 3
Pakistan 2 1 1 3
Australia 1 0 1 0

Sharjah Twenty20 cup match 3
Hall and Smith restrict Australia to modest total

Andrew Hall and Graeme Smith picked up 5 wickets between them as South Afirca restricted Australia to 125/7 with tight bowling, good fielding and superb field placings on a green wicket at Sharjah

Conditions and line ups:

Australia started off slowly against Pollock with just 7 runs off the first over. Gilchrist started getting frustrated and went after 1.5 overs clipping a ball from Ntini. to Dippenaar at midwicket who took a stunner. Hayden hit the first bounder in the 3rd over clipping pollock over midwicket for 4.

Left: Carry on and take the second left, yeh? Right: Hayden hits the first boundary.

Ponting went next for 13 skying the ball to Dippenaar at cover off pollock. Hussey was caught at mid-on next ball but Pollock overstepped (or possbily chucked, who knows?). Then Hall came on and bowled 3 amazing overs with Kallis and Botha for just 3 runs, though not picking up a wicket.

Left: Apparently that ball was a bit too wide Right: F**k it, i left the oven on

After Halls spell Botha and Smith bowled together with Botha being very econominal and Smith more expensive but picked up wickets. Hussey went in the 16th over trying to hit Smith into the kebab shop just outside, but missed it and was bowled. Hayden then went 2 balls later trying to hit it into the pub, but missed it and was bowled.

Left: Honestly, he chucks! Right: The lights were in my eyes umpire... :mad:

Jaques went next mistiming a slog to cover again off smith. Hall bowled the final over for just 5 picking up Watson and Symonds who both skyed the ball to mid-on.

Left: Hall realises he is actually getting payed for this Right: Haydens dismissal from a different angle :p
Below: Scorecards

where did you get that South Africa kit from? can I have it please?

Users who are viewing this thread