Should Bangladesh be allowed to play test cricket?

Should Bangladesh play Test cricket?

• Total voters
Well Sureshot pointed out that they have a sucessful Under 19's side so they are producing young talent and I feel in the future Bangladesh will be able to find players that will put some consistant performances and be a successful nation, maybe not the best in the world but I feel they won't be losing every game like they are now.

They have to play against the best in the world instead of playing against Zimbabwe. They also need to go to places like England and Australia in alien conditions which will get their players some experience of what test cricket is really like.

Lets hope for the sake of cricket that Bangladesh provide some young match winners which will give them some confidence that they'll be able to win in the future.

I think there needs to be a tier of countries who are nearly ready for test level cricket (including Bangladesh) and do a promotion and relegation system based on their performance. So you would have countries like Kenya, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Scotland, Ireland and The Netherlands battling it out in test conditions for two spots.

Theoretically even the top tier teams could be dropped down to this level if they have a very long streak of poor performance and the lower tier teams could become full test nations with large amounts of good performances.

The problem comes when there is a huge gap between the skill levels of the top and bottom tier teams, but if there is enough cricket played the lower teams can build up good squads and you could see an expanded 'top' tier of teams who are all competitive. Or alternately the top tier could shrink so that there is huge competition in both levels.

As for Bangladesh specifically, the thrashings don't help them, they might be better off sticking to ODIs, but they need to play a lot of test matches to become a good side, one day they might make it if they keep at it.
:hpraise

Listen to this man kids.

In my opinion i think Bangladesh should be in the county system like hampshire. It would be very interesting and we will see them improve a lot. Same with Zimbabwe. Thats the only way they are going to get good and we will see that. I think they should stop once they start getting good though.:p

Two tier system will never work in international cricket. Imagine one of top teams going to tier II and then there players will make all sort of ridiculous records.

Two tier system will never work in international cricket. Imagine one of top teams going to tier II and then there players will make all sort of ridiculous records.

So? if Man U got relegated to Championship, just like Leeds did they would get over it and try again.

Its the same game, the objective is to win

Objective of any sport in world is to win.

The comparison cannot be done for the simple reason that Leeds Utd. best players went to other clubs when they got relagated. That will not happen in case of cricket. The best players will still be playing in cricket squads.

Objective of any sport in world is to win.

The comparison cannot be done for the simple reason that Leeds Utd. best players went to other clubs when they got relagated. That will not happen in case of cricket. The best players will still be playing in cricket squads.

Our very own Harry Kewell went to Liverpool after Leeds.:p Okay dont you get it if theres nothing really bad happens if your 10th in the rankings theres no real worrying and not as much competition.

Just let them play, stop being mean.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread